• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Koyomi Araragi vs. Jonathan Joestar

What's the limit of Jonathan's hamon Regenerationn negation? Araragi's Regenerationn only gets stopped by sunlight as long as it's on him, regenerating extremely quickly after the sunlight's taken away. Would the hamon be able to course through him for a constant 24 hours to lead to an incap? Would Jonathan ever realize to keep the hamon coursing through for 24 hours?

I'm not sure that Araragi would actually be able to tear through Jonathan enough before he activates his hamon and later regenerates, so Araragi would probably eventually get hamon-chained for 24 hours?

tl;dr Araragi won't kill/incap Jonathan before hamon ***** him up. If Jonathan has enough stamina to come back from a few failed attempts and still have hamon coursing through Araragi for 24 hours he'd win. No vote for now.

Jonathan couldn't embue Hamon into something for that long, no.

Hamon has negated High-Mid regen like Straizo and typically reduces vampires to ash, which would apparently take Araragi a long time to regen from.

If hamon can reduce vampires to ash then it should be a solid incap win for Jonathan. My vote's going there but I think this might be a slight mismatch/stomp? Araragi's only good offensive option is shapeshifting tree arms but those would be vulnerable to hamon too.

If its Pre-Deep Pass, then he probably doesn't have mindhax. Hamon should turn him to ash easily though. How fast is his regen?

Edit: Araragi is only 9-A...

Araragi's right at the tip of 9-A+, the AP difference is only 4x.

His low-high regen's instant, but mid-high's a bit more complicated, but would probably take longer than incap time.

This is actually wrong, but it's still complicated. Araragi regenerated from dust in seconds, but another character when turned into ashes by the sun took hundreds of years to regenerate due to being repeatedly incinerated by the sun again, only regenerating months after happening to collect in a shaded area. Retracting my vote for now since I forgot about that feat.

Araragi is kind of superior to most vampires due to originating from Kiss-Shot who is one of the strongest, if not THE strongest in-verse. His speed of regen differs based on his humanity level. The closer he is to being human, the slower his regen.

I feel like this comes down to stamina of Jonathan can't incap Araragi with Hamon, although IDK if Hamon can make undead characters pass out like it does living chracters. Jonathan hasn't mindhaxed people like Joseph/Ceasar has before, so that isn't really on the table either.

How much does Araragi's regen slow when subjected to sunlight? Although IDK if it's that relevent as he would probably regen at normal speed after Jonathan stops channeling Hamon into him.

Sure but both mid-high regen feats (hundreds of years from ashes by sunlight, and seconds from dust by physical destruction) are from vampires originating from Kiss-Shot.

And the profile here only covers him at his peak as a vampire (since he's pretty haxless and featless when he's mostly human).

It's not really clear how much Regenerationn slows in sunlight; vampires are just perpetually on fire in sunlight, either forever if they have strong enough regen (like Kiss-shot) or until they're ashes if they don't (like Seishirou taking hundreds of years to regen).

I'm kind of inclined to go Incon at this rate, I don't think either would die to each other when putting up a fight, and I'm not sure who'd run out of stamina first.

Yeah, incon given the abilities of both fighters makes sense.

Incon - 1 (Agnaa)

How good's Jonathan's long-term stamina? Araragi during his peak as a vampire still slept pretty regularly during the day, if Jonathan stayed up, awake and energetic for a few days/a week he could reasonably be assumed to have more stamina and eventually pull a win maybe?

IDK what was Jonathan's longest fight before the Deep Pass Overdrive, although he shouldn't last anywhere near the length of several days in intense combat.

To clarify, Araragi didn't fight for days, but never got exhausted in fights and slept most days.

Jonathan's fights aren't too long. And unlike Joseph, he lacks skill and application.

If it were Joseph, he would simply scatter Araragi's ashes into the river for incap+BFR. Jonathan likely won't think of anything like that.

Agnaa said:
To clarify, Araragi didn't fight for days, but never got exhausted in fights and slept most days.
Alright, went through Jonathan's fights very briefly and before the deep pass overdrive his longest fight is probably his first fight with dio, which is a little bit under 10 minutes long, which he was able to last through while sustaining heavy injuries.

IDK what Araragi's longest fight as I've only started watching the Monogatari anime.

His longest fight was probably comparable to that, and Araragi's no stranger to having limbs torn off, or being pulverized into dust.

Welp, keeping my vote at incap then.

I think it's an exaggeration to think that the Episode/Dramaturgy fights lasted hours.

And that SpeedForce sort of thing seems like non-canon creative visuals; in the novels there was an internal monologue about transforming into a tree instead, but the director of the Kizu movies cut out all internal monologue.

(mb, that scene used to be a feat on Araragi's profile for being supersonic, there used to be a lot of exaggerated/extrapolated stuff there)

After talking about the feats of regenerating from dust with other Monogatari experts off-site, we came to the conclusion that the quote I used for Araragi regenerating from dust, which was:

"My body, smashed into dust, was mended back into its original state by the time the wind carried it away, only to be smashed again, mended again, smashed once more, and eternally mended ― that kind of hell."
Probably wasn't talking about his entire body being smashed into dust at once, but about various limbs being smashed into dust, and as such wouldn't count as mid-high.

Since it's probably more consistent for him to have instantaneous high-mid and month-long mid-high, I don't think his mid-high would be fast enough to not get an incap loss. Changing my vote (hopefully for the last time) to JoJo via hamon dusting.

I think that invalidates Agnaa's previous vote everyone was FRAing, so

Jonathan - 2 (Agnaa, Dragon)

Joseph couldnt muster enough hamon after his race with Whamu, so their stamina is very good and on par with top athletes, but using hamon that long probably not so much.

idk about that, Joseph could still use hamon for the Kars fight on the rocks and he used it again on Ultimate Kars in the volcano

Back