• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Kongou-class Battleship!! I, the Nice Guy of Imperishable Flames come for Bargain!!

If you thought this Dr. Strange match then congrats, you just get jebaited ovo

The Battleship of Fog Fleet's just encounter the King of Warrior in the Tokyo Bay, now they engage in battle, who would win!!?

-Ship Vessel Haruna are used

-Bolverk Gram and Super Graviton Cannon are unrestricted

-Speed are equalized

-Both in character

-Place: Tokyo Bay

-Starting range: 500 meters to 1 kmh

-Win via anything!!!

Haruna
Sigurd

VS

• Sigurd: 7 (Anon, Witchy, Lahmu, IaIa, Crimson, Ceuio, Schnee)
  • Inconclusive: 0

I sits and I waits.

TFW you point out Schnee edit farming so you're an edit farmer kek

anyhow yeah ima just wait for Witchy and stuff

Someone who makes pointless posts to get edit score coz edit score totally means a lot dontcha know rofl ecks dee.

Another suitable alternative to pointless posts is RP, that stuff has tons of posts.

Anyhow, we're sorta-kinda-derailing and I wanna see this fight so let's wait.

Mr. Bambu said:
Someone who makes pointless posts to get edit score coz edit score totally means a lot dontcha know rofl ecks dee.
Oh so me then? Got it.

Sigurd punches his sword GG

Reasoning

Assuming the big boat is in the water (obviously), Sigurd has no way to actually hit it from the shore with Gram (cqc, not Bolverk) or Runes unless he hops in a boat himself, runes and Riding do make this a viable option but he knows he needs to sink the ship fast (lest it destroy more of the city than just the bay) which leaves him with 2 options -

1. He gets in a boat and expends far more effort in destroying the ship that will be firing missiles, cannons etc the whole time just so he doesn't reveal his NP or

2. He uses his NP, one shots the boat that is in the open water, and gets on with his day of not being under fire from artillery.

Haruna actually oneshots with a barrage of corrosive warheads and calls it a day. That only takes a thought, is in character and can cover entire citys.

Sigurd HAS to open with his NP, because hopping on the ship will not work, thanks to her bubble barrier. His normal strikes, even if they one shot the barrier, will not instantly reach Haruna, because again, bubble form barrier, that engulfs her in a big radius.

The only thing that will not one shot and that is likewise in character against human enemys are her Photon cannons, but she will, thanks to her quantum pc brain instantly realize that her opponent didnt even flinch at getting hit by it (thanks to way lower ap) and instantly fires her warheads. The only way for Sigurd to win is to instantly fire his NP and even than its a incon at best because her warheads already locked onto Sigurd and will nuke him.

Voting Haruna.

So I decided to watch episode 3 and 4 where Haruna and Kirishima attacked Yokosuka so I could get an idea of what she does. In speed equal, the attacks move pretty slowly with everyone having ample time to react. With this being the case, Sigurd sees the boat, cursory glance tells him he can't reach it normally and he punches his laser sword when the warheads launch (runes block the warheads with his own forcefields)

Considering that they are torpedos, its natural that they travel slower. The anime is btw not canon and the profiles only cover the manga.

Ignoring the fact that his runes coudnt block the spatio crush the warheads would cause (Klein Fields activily siphons the energy they receive and redirect them somethere else), a static barrier wont be able to handle them. Why would he actually shield himself from them? He dosnt even know that the ship activily hurt him, he lacks prior knowledge on the Fleet and they look, other than their coloring, like normal warships. Nothing indicates that he would take it serios in the first place, especially with Nasu's "Servant are imune to normal weaponry" while Haruna is a down to earth character that actually takes her opponents serious. This will happen when she sees that he will shrug off her Photon cannons, the same ones that oneshot normal warships. This on the other hand will just further lull Sigurd into a false security, because he got shot with a weapon that dosnt even scratch him in the slightest.

So ... he is getting hit by photon cannons ... and he is gonna assume this is a normal ship that can't scratch him? Since the ship is alive I assume it has the mystery to potentially harm him with any of its weapons, something he will notice (insert sword punch here). Sigurd always takes things seriously and if the cannons have mystery and can harm him, he will stay serious. There is no false sense of security. If the cannons don't have the mystery to harm him, the warheads don't either.

No, he will get lulled into false security because he gets hit with something that is 100 000 0 times weaker than him. If it woudnt be for the flashy effect he wouldnt even notice that she threw something at him.

I knew that the whole mystery debate would come up, better adress it now than not. I assume that the ships are mysertious enough, considering that they run on totally alien technology. And even if they aren mysterious enough, the corrosive warheads will still be enough. Because a spatial crushing anomaly that annilihate everything on a atomar level is surely mysterious enough.

Sigurd is not so naive that he's gonna drop his guard because the enemies attacks don't work. Nothing is stopping the enemy from lulling him into a sense of security, or leading him into a trap, trying out different things to see what works best , literally tons of reasons.

I mean, assuming the attack hits in the first place, the enemy tries a different tactic right after. You are severely underestimating Sigurd's intelligence if he'll just go "well that shouldn't work either".

@LSir

Look. What is in front of him is a normal warship, with no servant like qualitys. He could literally look Haruna up on the internet and find the actual warship. That warship launched a attack that did jack to him. The damage dealt by Haruna would amount to even less damage than a fly landing on you or a small breeze gracing your body. For him its a human made weapon that coudnt even scratch him. What follows are warheads. They look even less impressive because normal ships can fire torpedos and rockets too. If he wont block the first attack, he wont block the second. If he sees that the first attack made 0 damage, why would he fear the second attack? From a warship nothenless.

This entire point is moot either way, because Sigurd gets crushed by the warheads either way. They crush the space inside them and atomises Sigurd. His barrier wont save him from that. And before someone brings up Haruna no selling a warhead herself, i can say that both barriers are not compareable in the slightest. Haruna had to constantly calc down the damage dealt by the warhead, a Klein Field literally redirect the sheer energy into a dimensional fold and rerelases it into another direction. Compared to Sigurds static barrier? Aint protecting him.

Just let me clarify fast why Haruna would actually attack with Corrosive Warheads in the first place. You see, in Arpeggio, there are only 2 types. Humans and their warships and Fog vessels. A normal human being (Sigurd actually looks like a human, even though hes fancy looking) would get absolutly annihilated by a single photon cannon, those cannons oneshot normal warships with utter ease. A Human noselling, not even flinching in the slightest? That would ring her alarm bells pretty fast and she would instantly resort to weapons that worked on beings that no sells Photon cannons too: Fellow Fog vessels. Not to forget that she can actually process that information fast enough, due to quantum pc brain.

I mean

Witchy

I swat away flies who don't damage me coz they're annoying

I'm just spectating for now and not voting either way coz both sides are doing good, but just gonna drop that thought here.

Mr. Bambu said:
I mean
Witchy

I swat away flies who don't damage me coz they're annoying

I'm just spectating for now and not voting either way coz both sides are doing good, but just gonna drop that thought here.
Obviously. But would you do that with a gun? Or your super secret and powerful technique? Maybe not philosphing first if a small fly (And calling his first impression of Haruna a small fly is pretty generous, considering the difference in force between a Photon Cannon shot and Sigurds Dura is way bigger than a fly and a human, at least if i did the math correctly) is worth that weapon or technique?

But like said, that point is moot either way.

That much is true, I probably wouldn't pull a King Kong movie and shoot the fly with everything I had

Aren't we treating the warhead load as AP and not as ignoring durability or anything of the sort? Why would it just punch through Sigurd's barriers? Is the assumption that by virtue of bending space it affects past his barrier anyway, or that it can overpower said barrier?

And no, it's a weird as hell Ship with glowing strips using weapons no normal ship should have, unless you know a lot that shoot lasers. Even more so if we assume it has enough mystery to affect Sigurd, which we are, it doesn't matter how insignificant it's power is, he should notice the difference that it's not a normal weapon. Every Servant battle it's about compatibility and trump cards besides just stats and skills, and despite being no Servant this is not a normal ship vessel. This despite the fact he has no reason from the start to take any of her hits, or to not use the only thing with sufficient range that he has because he's not Arthur and he's not gonna start walking on water.

What @SirLance said. If we are under the assumption Haruna would have the mystery to affect Sigurd (not much of a fight without it) the man will notice. Sigurd isn't the kind of guy to just let himself get hit, and with hundreds of meters between them, if doesn't dodge the photon cannons for whatever reason, he will note the mystery in them and dodge anything else. Even if he somehow gets hit by the warheads, he resists spatial manip with his runes and MR.

I personally am not sure about MR helping him resist as this would come about by technology and not magic, but Runes and barriers should totally be a go.

Moon Cell is a 4 billion year old, space alien computer and MR works against that.

>Hax effect

>From tech

>With mystery

I mean, this seems like the same situation. Unless its not hax and just AP in which case Sigurd dodges/blocks with rune barriers and amps.

Witchy is the most knowledgeable on the battleship, so if he thinks the ship loses with that reasoning I'll toss in Sigurd FRA.

And with that, my final drop of blood was spilled.

Curse you MR, curse you for actually covering technology.

Sigurd just got win and lose, win against Haruna and lose against Gin, and he got better record than Artoria ovo

Well, i want to make Li Shuwen match, but dunno who the opponent i should throw.

Back