• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Knuckles vs Donkey Kong Death Battle

Well, technically the Endo-Sym armor isn't a mech is it?

I don't see why that matters, having a fighting strategy that other opponents have used before does not make it a problem, otherwise Ganondorf would not be a big problem. Also, with the possible exception of the Hero's Shade from Twilight Princess, what enemies has Link fought that fight like Cloud? I have enough issues with Link vs. Cloud as it is, this is making it worse.

You get my point though.

You mean what enemies has Link fought that have superhuman strength and speed, uses a sword, and shoots fireballs and lightning? Well Link hasn't fought all those things at once, but he definitely has handled all those things.

well in Shadow 's fight they left out half of his abilites and made shadow use his abilites in a way that doesn't make sense, although im not saying he should have won that fight but it was obvious they didn't really know much about the character

that is one i can name of the top of my head but there are others

Yeah, I was just pointing out they may not mention it.

I mean what enemy has Link fought that can stop time, poison him, restrict his use of magic, put him to sleep, shrink him down, reflect his own magic spells or kill him instantly with no regards for his durability. These are all spells in Final Fantasy VII, and this isn't counting summons. IIRC, they also say that the Hylian Shield is "completely indestructible" and Cloud can't break through it no matter what he tries. Also, how many bosses in LoZ use swords? The only ones I can recall are Demise and the Hero's Shade.

Yeah, I was really irked by how they interpreted Cloud's fighting style, and Link vs. Cloud remains one of my most hated Death Battles, along with both Goku vs. Supermans, Gaara vs. Toph and Kirby vs. Majin Buu.

yea the only real thing i like in Death Battle are the animations but other than that i just don't really care for them

but yeah so if they don't give Knuckles a super form he is likely to lose but if not he should win

I'll admit that Link hasn't dealt with absolutely everything Cloud can pull on him, but I definitely disagree with the kill with no regards for durability thing. That would be an NLF. Link has also fought Dark Link and Ghirahim. A lot of Cloud's abilities are ultimately preventing the inevitable, considering Link is planet level.

Also the fight scenes aren't meant to be taken literally. They're just entertaining ways to show who the winner is and why. Also, what abilities of Shadow's did they leave out?

Also what problems did you have with Buu vs Kirby? That fight was pretty spot on, NTM Kirby would absolutely wreck Buu if he were sucked into his stomach, thanks to the Star Rod.

What do you think Death is meant to do? Here's a hint, it's to kill the opponent instantly. Also, I doubt the Zelda cast is Planet Level, I know the reason why, but I asked for clarification from SeiryuShin and he hasn't responded. To put my question simply, I asked why the completed Triforce was Planet Level when the world would crumble and not be destroyed. Besides, Cloud has literally half a dozen other moves he could use.

Here are my problems.

1. Kirby wouldn't be able to absorb Buu since Buu is fast enough to dodge out of the way. If you're going to mention his speed, they could have just used his anime stats where he destroyed a galaxy in at most a few years.

2. They thought Buu would be killed by being thrown into the sun, in which Buu could just use Instantenous Movement to get back, not to mention he should be able to dodge his own Planet Burst.

3. These can all be summarized by simply looking at complaints for Goku vs. Superman (I.E. using Saiyan Saga stats).

If you want more things, watch this video.

no i like the fight scenes just i don't like some of the outcomes

Here

just go to the info box under his pic on the right and look for moves and techniques

The Everlasting said:
What do you think Death is meant to do? Here's a hint, it's to kill the opponent instantly. Also, I doubt the Zelda cast is Planet Level, I know the reason why, but I asked for clarification from SeiryuShin and he hasn't responded. To put my question simply, I asked why the completed Triforce was Planet Level when the world would crumble and not be destroyed. Besides, Cloud has literally half a dozen other moves he could use.

Here are my problems.

1. Kirby wouldn't be able to absorb Buu since Buu is fast enough to dodge out of the way. If you're going to mention his speed, they could have just used his anime stats where he destroyed a galaxy in at most a few years.

2. They thought Buu would be killed by being thrown into the sun, in which Buu could just use Instantenous Movement to get back, not to mention he should be able to dodge his own Planet Burst.

3. These can all be summarized by simply looking at complaints for Goku vs. Superman (I.E. using Saiyan Saga stats).

If you want more things, watch this video.
Hypernova Kirby is a literal black hole so Buu definitely couldn't escape that.

Okay then Buu's star level. Hypernova Kirby is small star level. They're on a similar playing field.

Like I said. The fights are made purely for entertainment. The show's creator himself has said the fight scenes are meant to be taken with a grain of salt, as they're just visual representations of who would win.

Darkness552 said:
no i like the fight scenes just i don't like some of the outcomes

Here

just go to the info box under his pic on the right and look for moves and techniques
I only see a few things they failed to mention like the Black Tornado and Chaos Boost. They mostly got everything down.

I was referring to base Kirby, and anime Buu is MFTL+ for being able to fly around a galaxy in a short timeframe.

No, Buu's Large Star Level, and going by the anime, Multi-Solar System/Small Galaxy Level.

Scenes in the animation have nothing to do with what I was arguing about. If you're referring to the fact that they ended by having Buu be sent to the sun, why did they have that be the way Kirby wins? They could have just had Kirby finish Buu off and they mentioned that point in the post-fight summary.

About Demise, destroying the world is literally one of the most generic things a villain can say regarding their power. I'm still waiting for the resident LoZ expert, SeiryuShin, to answer my question, he must be really busy.

whaaat

this is what they labeled Chaos Spear, Chaos Control, and Chaos Blast

they were nowhere near labeling all of those techniques while some wouldn't be that effective they are still there

including Chaos Rift

also i just realized they were using the Chaos Force which is in Archie and used a multiplier that came from Archie for Shadow but don't include any stats from Archie

Oh okay.

Buu isn't even solar system level in the anime. The most you see him do is destroy stars as shown by the fact that you see the galaxy grow dimmer. Nothing indicates he's solar system level. It took him years to destroy a galaxy.

Because it was an entertaining death and the part with Kirby being the sun at the end was hilarious. Like I said, you're supposed to take it with a grain of salt.

Demise didn't say it himself. It was in Hyrule Historia. Even if that isn't true, Demise would still be multi-continent level.

The galaxy disappears and Supreme kai says entire galaxies were erased from existence. Also, it would take thousands of years to do any noticeable damage to a galaxy if you did it solar system by solar system.

Again, if they brought it up in the post-battle commentary, they clearly thought it was a legitimate way the fight could end.

It still remains one of the most generic forms of hyperbole you could use, and Cloud is Multi-Continent Level as well, and is also colossally faster than Link in any incarnation, not to mention Limit Breaks give him the edge in DC. Note that Limit Breaks are a canon thing since Cloud uses them in Advent Children.

Sorry Sheoth, I tend to focus on things like this that can bother me.

I still think Knuckles would win though, at least if they used Super Knuckles.

No problem, I do it a lot as well.

As for the battle I would say:

Super Knuckles>Donkey Kong>Normal Knuckles

But since it's screwattack:

Superman>All

Anyway, this DB is pretty shut. DK has faster reactions to keep up with Knuckles, and is faster thanks to the Barrel Jetpack. He also has a huge advantage in strength and durability.

what is donkey kong's base reactions

also that would be if they are taking away his super form

They are taking away Super Forms. That means no Super Knuckles and no Strong Kong or Going Bananas.

DK can react to speeds of 60 million MPH.

At least we agree on one thing, HomestuckLover1.

But where did they state they weren't using their super forms? Also, what game was this "60,000,000 MPH" thing in? Donkey Kong Country?

Yeah and those are all from scaling to Sonic, which I still disagree with, considering Sonic holds back on Knuckles.

It was stated by the research team of DB. They're doing this to avoid the whole counter ordeal, with DK having a super form as well and even possible wish hax.

It's because in DK Barrel Blast, you can fly past Jupiter and Earth in a manner of seconds and you still have to watch out for things along the way, because the game is like one giant obstacle course.

yep it was due to Sonic getting upgraded and this scaled to most of the characters who have been scaled to sonic

if it is his speed then i don't see how Donkey Kong would react to him although DK would win unless again Knuckles gets his super form

sonic holds back against everybody but i don't think it necceasarily means he slows down in a fight, he might slow down when traveling with knuckles and tails but again sonic never goes all out

Sonic has never wanted to fight Knuckles. It's always been Knuckles who picked the fight while Sonic even tries to avoid fighting him. For this, I find it very weird to scale him.

also they was this one thing about knuckles punching the ground and lava coming out but i don't if it was fire manipulation or not

here are two places it is said

here and here

The very fact that they fight each other should be indication Knuckles can keep up with Sonic, at least in combat.

Back