• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Knuckles vs Donkey Kong Death Battle

Darkness552

VS Battles
Retired
so apparently the next Death Battle is going to be Knuckles vs Donkey Kong, so who do you guys think they are going to make win and who do you think is going to win

Donkey Kong has superior physical strength and endurance I think, Knuckles has superior ultility, maneuverability, and probably fighting skills. He's much faster than Donkey Kong is, can create explosions with his punches (I don't know if Donkey Kong's was some type of a special effect or actual "friction" punching), but yeah. Knuckles should also be much smarter than DK. But Knuckles is a brawler. He's gonna wish to have a confrontational battle, either way. I still think that Knuckles (I think Word of God either says this or maybe I heard it wrong) has strength that equates to Sonic's speed, and Knuckles has proven to be one of the strongest physically-based characters in the Sonic series, what with his ability to shake the entire world just by smacking his fist into walls, being comparable to Sonic's Super Form which is FTL+ though he may be slower, still should be at least FTL on account of being capable of keep up Sonic regardless.

Davy0 said:
Knuckles has superior ultility, maneuverability, and probably fighting skills. He's much faster than Donkey Kong is, can create explosions with his punches (I don't know if Donkey Kong's was some type of a special effect or actual "friction" punching), but yeah. Knuckles should also be much smarter than DK.
This is true. Just one problem; Knuckles is fighting someone whose punches can accelerate Moon-sized satelltes out of orbit at super speed. If Death Battle doesn't allow Knuckles the use of his Super form, I can't see him taking this, as DK could knock him out cold with a single punch.

that is the one thing death battle might take from knuckles although they have the tendency to pick and chose what they want from different medias like how they said the super form has a 1000x power increase which came from archie

Darkness552 said:
that is the one thing death battle might take from knuckles although they have the tendency to pick and chose what they want from different medias like how they said the super form has a 1000x power increase which came from archie
Going from Multi-Solar System level to Universal at bare minimum is a lot more than a 1000x power increase.

true, its just what Sonic said in the issue where he and Knuckles turned Super and destroyed a zone

I'm guessing they are going more for the games instead of Archie. Because if they are going for Archie, I think he was the either the second or third strongest in the verse (compared to Mighty who was the strongest, and I think he ties with Big, but I don't know.)

They're doing no transformations or power-ups to avoid the whole counter ordeal, not to mention DK would have to be given the Crystal Coconuts, which allow for wish hax.

DK stomps in this case. DK has the combat speed and reactions to keep up with Knuckles because of Barrel Blast, in which DK can fly past Earth and Jupiter in a manner of seconds.

Don't know about that combat speed brah, pretty sure Knuckles keeping up with Sonic who can and I quote "run anywhere at the speed of light" and fight competitively with him. We already had the little argument on Vs Battle about Combat Speed vs Movement and Reactions Speed, so if he has Relativistic reactions that's cool. But Knuckles is superior in combat speed and reactions either way. Unless you can show him performing the same feat.

It was also not done with his own body, and done by a vehicle if I'm not mistaken.

Sonic isn't going FTL when fighting Knuckles. In fact, it's pretty obvious that Sonic is always holding back on, yet still has kicked Knux's ass each time.

It's still one of his weapons technically so nothing says it shouldn't be allowed.

Also what is Knux's combat speed? Because DK can do the hydrogen thing as well and can even dodge people who do the same toward him.

sonic has literally only beat knuckles one time, in sonic 3 and knuckles, and any other time after that they have stalemated

HomestuckLover1 said:
Sonic isn't going FTL when fighting Knuckles. In fact, it's pretty obvious that Sonic is always holding back on, yet still has kicked Knux's ass each time.
It's still one of his weapons technically so nothing says it shouldn't be allowed.
He doesn't kick Knuckle's ass all the time. Sonic Adventure showed them fighting against each other on an equal playing field. Sonic 3 shows them fighting against one another on an equal playing field with no clear winner as Eggman was stealing his Emerald. Should I discount the outlier of punching Super Sonic out of his super form too, or... Regularly keeps up with Sonic's casual speed, Sonic is capable of Lightspeed movements. You may want to go and look at the profiles.

Also show all the times where he actually "beat" Knuckles, since you seem to be very sure.

Sonic 3 - The battle is stopped after Knuckles is knocked away, but he's still conscious and still capable of fighting regardless.

Sonic Adventure - They actually clash with one another.

Sonic Channel acknowledging that the two are "equal" by calling Sonic "the wind" while Knuckles is "the mountain".

Okay I'll admit I was wrong on that. There's also Sonic X but...It's Sonic X...

What says Sonic was going full speed during any of their fights though? Sonic certainly is never blood lusted when fighting him and actually has tried to avoid fighting him. He's also been shown to hold back alot. He does this when he runs alongside Tails, so he can keep up.

Long story short, I definitely don't think it's alright to make Knux FTL through scaling from a guy who's been shown to hold back alot and isn't bloodlusted and even tries to not fight him.

It doesn't matter. Just the simple fact of being capable of fighting against Sonic is excellent. His reflexes are on par with his speed, after all, as well as his agility. So him keeping up with him and fighting against him is a feat in itself. And I'm using the game canon. If you want to take it farther, we can always go Archie Sonic Pre-Genesis.

Also. Knuckles fights against Neo Metal Sonic who absorbs and uses the Master Emerald to increase its power. Metal Sonic is capable of keeping up with Sonic and even outclassing him in terms of speed (in acceleration, they are on par in reflexes however), and it's an upgrade too, as Sonic CD happened before Sonic 3. He still beat it.

Just for some feats. I don't need to hide crap. I would say if Knuckles has shown an incapacity to fight against Sonic. But there has been nothing to state whether he has. Sonic's been more of a focus, but he is still considered one of Sonic's rivals along with Shadow, Silver, and Blaze.

Except that does nothing for his speed because we don't know how fast Sonic is going.

Pre-Genesis is no longer canon, meaning we probably shouldn't take their stats in it so seriously, as compared to Post-Genesis.

Post-Genesis Knux is alot weaker than you think. His best feat is lifting a factory generater, but that's about it.

pre genesis wave knuckles did that and thats only lifting strength and you have to be crazy to think Knuckles is "weak" in the Pre Genesis Wave

i don't know if death battle will add it but here ya go

Knuckles feat

go to 16:38

although it might have taken less energy than Donkey Kong's punch the moon out of the orbit type feat

HomestuckLover1 said:
Except that does nothing for his speed because we don't know how fast Sonic is going.
Pre-Genesis is no longer canon, meaning we probably shouldn't take their stats in it so seriously, as compared to Post-Genesis.

Post-Genesis Knux is alot weaker than you think. His best feat is lifting a factory generater, but that's about it.
You do realize that Knuckles was fighting o par with Shadow i Post Genesis Wave . Actually, I think it's time Dark. A bit of forboding is in order here. The Sonic characters, though they've lost their feats have gained a few little surprises.

Either way, The Megaman characters also have feats such as being on par with Sonic, thus they get most of their speed abilities back just by fighting against them and overcoming them from the Pre-Genesis. Hell, Knuckles defeats Break Man (or Protoman, or Blues for you Japanese name lovers) (albeit he allows him to due to circumstances), dodges multiples of his energy blasts, even watching them as they come at him.

Sonic Man, who has a larger moveset yet is largely the same character as Sonic (shown in a panel where the Time Stop abilities doesn't affect him, which actually happens twice, as he was capable of talking normally while in Time Stop done by Flash Man.) is still on par with Shadow, as all the games they were featured in with one another still happened. Even Sonic Generations.

SO! That's about it on that, all Knuckles really needs is strength feats, yet even by canon he is still one of the strongest characters in the series either way.

Dark, dude, I forgot about that feat. It actually takes MORE energy to do what he'd done. He was in a ZERO GRAVITY ENVIRONMENT! He did it with no leverage what so ever, and with a SINGLE PUNCH! It moved.

They probably won't use it though, hue hue.

like i said if you are ever ready to show scans to help with post genesis wave sonic go ahead and post them at the blog

That feat does tend to cause alot of confusion doesn't it? lol He didn't punch that moon sized thing down. He punched the rotation device.

But the rotational device was made to stop the moon and cause an eclipse... So I don't understand what you're saying.

Still won't help him against DK. It certainly makes the fight less stompish in terms of strength, but DK has a much higher durability and has the reflexes to make keeping up with him look like nothing. He'll also have the heavy speed advantage if he's allowed the Barrel Jetpack.

If they don't allow his Archie self or Super/Hyper Knuckes, I'd say DK takes it, but with great trouble thanks to Knuckles' speed.

Also, who else thinks they'll mention Knuckles knocking out Super Sonic and make that a reason for him to win without Super Knuckles? As we see with Goku vs. Superman 2, they really don't understand what outliers are.

I already explained that DK has the speed advantage, thanks to his Barrel Jetpack which lets him fly at 60 million MPH, which also means on foot he more than has the reaction times.

Also, you should know that DB has a pretty damn great research team that helps them with their research, although they have nothing to do with the verdict. They happen to know for a fact that the Super Sonic punch is a HUGE outlier. The only reason I think they brought up the outliers is because they wanted a showstopper that will make DBZ fans stop hissing at them.

Base DK is only Hypersonic.

If they legitimately consider using Superman lifting a book of infinite pages, they will likely bring up Knuckles KO'ing Super Sonic. Their research can, at many points, have several holes in them, like constantly saying they didn't know things about the BlazBlue setting (And getting many things wrong), and at points making up things regarding character's stats, like saying Cloud's fighting style is "straightforward and predictable", only based on the fact that Sephiroth said that, and he only said that because he fought him before. And if they wanted to stop having DBZ fans complain about Goku losing, they literally accomplished the exact opposite, I'm pretty sure DBZ fans like myself are angrier than ever.

But he has reactions to keep up with speeds at 60 million MPH. If given his Barrel Jetpack (Which he should considering both will be given all their weaponry) then he completely outranks him in speed.

I'm pretty sure they didn't just say that because Sephiroth said it. His abilities actually are extremely predictable to Link.

I have the feeling they're not going to regard that. Fans theorized Boom Tubes and serums would make be a problem for Iron Man in Iron Man vs. Lex Luthor, but neither of those things were even mentioned, much less a problem for Tony.

There is literally at no other point in the compilation where Cloud's fighting style is a problem than when he fights Sephiroth in Advent Children. The bosses in Final Fantasy VII require just as much strategy to beat than the bosses in Legend of Zelda, if not moreso.

there research always seem faulty to me as they are always leaving something out that could determine a fight

I'm pretty sure they just wanted to keep it as a mech fight, but yeah, I have my issues with that battle as well.

I never said anything about strategy, it's just Cloud's moveset is nothing Link hasn't dealt with before.

Back