• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Knight vs Soul Reaper - Ichigo vs Artorias

And I kinda debunked spamming Getsuga by virtue of him either dodging or him waiting Ichigo out until he goes CQC, as well as simply deflecting or blocking the attack, and this is from people assuming he will never once go into CQC at all.

"Hundreds of years old"

Are we talking people who frequently fight characters on the same tier as them for hundreds of years or are we talking about them killing fodder?

And I kinda debunked spamming Getsuga by virtue of him either dodging or him waiting Ichigo out until he goes CQC, as well as simply deflecting or blocking the attack, and this is from people assuming he will never once go into CQC at all.

So you assume ichigo who have speed advantage will never hit Artorias? i mean is he have Ultra instinct or something? plus Getsuga have AoE explosion as well it will still give him wounds and Getsuga is>>>>ichigo normal attack as it worked on stronger and faster(yep) opponent meanwhile all of ichigo normal attack dont do anything on him.

No I'm saying that people who are using speed advantage as an argument in CQC when the later has the skill advantage is kinda ridiculous, and using it saying Ichigo has him outmatched there. Getsuga doesn't shut down a skill gap.

Anyway, since people are actually saying (Lol) that Artorias having a broken arm is a disadvantage despite him from fighting beings on his level just fine for thousands of years. I believe me arguing is a wasted effort, I'll simply get it removed when the time comes.

Why not? Ichigo have speed advantage and can appeared in his back stabbed him from behind and use Shunpo to get out or to appear in front of him when he tried to react at ichigo stabbed him from behind and repeated that same prosses.

That's because Ichigo was already faster on his own.

Which would literally mean that Ichigo blitzes someone in a Speed Equalized match......

Even if he could, which he couldn't due to his own innate speed. That would make this a stomp.

And even then, they appear behind their enemy, and their enemy proceeds to react to it, this destroying the whole point of it being a blitz.

Anyway, I'm done, peace.

There really isn't much a skill gap here considering Ichigo has Accelerated Development allowing him to match other Older ass Shinigami such as Byakuya, Kenpachi and other Captains in the Soul Society. Keep in mind this was during BoS Bleach. While Artoias holds the advantage in skill it wouldn't be enough to overwhelm Ichigo. Ichigo will know that he isn't going to win in a CQC battle with him and will resort to using long ranged attacks with a good amount of AoE to them. So taking all of this into consideration Ichigo would win here. Flight, Getsuga spam, Accelerated Development and much better stamina gives him the win here.

...as the Dank Souls guy here? I'm pretty sure, with equal-ish speed and dura, Ichigo probably pulls ahead, if only by a bit.

Artorias, in theory, may be a more brutal and unyielding combatant, with his poise and berserker rage and whatnot, but against an opponent like Ichigo that wouldn't be all that significant an advantage, given he can counter both with his greater mobility and Shunpo spam. Artorias would also theoretically be more experienced/skilled, but Ichigo's Accelerated Development would allow him to adapt to that in the same way it allowed him to adapt to, say, Kenpachi. Artorias could power-up with his aura/AoE blast, but that leaves him open to get punished because of aforementioned Shunpo allowing Ichigo to jump in, swing, and jump back out in the time it would take, a luxury that The Chosen Undead lacked fighting him and still managed to win without. And, on top of that, Artorias's ranged game is kinda garbage compared to Ichigo's, which I'm sure he'd figure out sooner or later. He's not exactly an idiot, he knows when melee has a good chance of him dying involved.

So... yeah, Ichigo, I guess. Don't think it'd be easy, though.

I'm also pretty sure Artorias is missing a few abilities from his powers/abilities section, and his stamina could probably use a boost given the pretty heavy implication that he's been fighting for who-knows-how-long straight in the Abyss (long enough for a Lordsoul bearer to go insane, clearly), but oh well.

Back