• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Knack Revision Thread

Sir_Ovens

Resident Kitchen Appliance
VS Battles
Administrator
Oooh boy. Pretty sure only like 4 people here know about Knack, fewer played it. Anyway, Knack 2 was released recently, and there were tons of feats I'd like bring up and get evaluated. First things first, powers and abilities. From what I've gathered from both games, Knack has:

Size Manipulation, High-Mid Regenerationn (Survived being reduced to basic relics and reformed shortly after) Minor Telekinesis (With relics only), Ice Manipulation (Ice Knack), Electricity Manipulation (Metal Knack), Limited Stealth Mastery (Stealth Knack), Limited Fire Manipulation (Wood Knack when he is on fire), and Energy Manipulation (With Sunstone Energy).

The aforementioned abilities will be for Knack in the first game. In the second game, Ava teaches Knack new abilities. One of which, gives Knack a new power. The Boomerang attack not only allows Knack to trap an enemy, but also nullifies any electric field the enemy has on them. So this means that Knack gets limited Power Nullification for his second game key.

Now for the Atack Potency and Durability.

Knack 2 has a nifty feature that allows you to see how big Knack is in feet and inches. At his smallest, Knack is around 2 feet. At his largest, he is 32 feet. Now Small knack would most likely have an AP of Below Average Human level, as bugs and small goblins give him problems. Knack at his largest would be around Small Building level to Building level, as he has damaged foes like this. Colossal Knack would remain at Large Building level, as the Final Guardian from the first game does indeed make the already building sized Guardians look small in comparison.

Overall, these are the major things I want to highlight. However, there are tons of other stuff that the second game had that the first game didn't, so I'm also going to need some help finding feats and evaluating them.

Link to all in game cutscenes of the first game

Link to all in game cutscenes of the second game

There are some other noteworthy stuff too like Xander's Armageddon Machine which should at least be Town level through this really casual feat . I should really start making profiles for the other characters of the verse, maybe after Christmas. Anyway, what does everyone think?

TL;DR

Powers and Abilities: Superhuman Physical Characteristics, Size Manipulation, Mid-High Regenerationn (Survived being blown to basic relics and reformed almost immdiately afterward), Telekinesis (With relics only), Ice Manipulation (Ice Knack), Electricity Manipulation (Metal Knack), Limited Stealth Mastery (Stealth Knack), Limited Fire Manipulation (Wood Knack when he is on fire), and Energy Manipulation (With Sunstone Energy) | Attack Reflection (Can parry projectiles back to enemies), Limited Power Nullification (Boomerang can disable shields and restrain enemies)

Attack Potency: Varies from 10-C at his smallest size, to 8-C at his largest | High 8-C through sheer size | Varies from 10-C at his smallest size, to 7-B(?) at his largest

Key: Knack | Colossal Knack | Knack 2

It looks okay. You seem to have researched this well.

Let's wait what others have to say. Assuming more than two people care about Knack.

There is also Town level possibly city level Armageddon Machine. Also there is the fact that Lucas absorbed a City Busting attack with his plane.

The powers are looking good.

The knack profile is a mess.Where is the hypersonic feat?Why is his range so low?Why so many keys?

I'm fixing it as we speak. Though the Knack page is the least of our problems.

I'm working on the AP and abilities, but I need someone to clac speeds. Once Knack himself is done, we can move on to the rest of the verse which is surprisingly impressive.

OH SHIT OH SHIT OH SHIT

I FOUND IT

Okok, hear me out. I can't do it cohesively now, but I have proof that Knack is 7-B. Brace yourselves bois.

Armaggeddon Machine is powered by some energy source. Can't remember the name. Armaggeddon Machine was gonna bust a city. Ok, now at the end, Xander unleashes the energy source and it becomes a knock-off version of Knack. Knack then proceeds to fight and beat this thing.

Solid 7-B Knack.

Don't let your memes be dreams

Also, I'm holding off editing the page for now as the 7-B thing is huge. We need to get it evaluated.

Gonna go on a limb here and say Darkanine can probs do it. He kudosed a dumb post I made regarding Knack, and since almost no one has heard of it, either he did it out of pity or he actually knows the game.

I dunno, he's pretty busy. I think Spinosaurus would actually be more willing. He calced my stupid inFAMOUS feats after months of bumps.

Notice how unpopular verses who desperately need calcs get ignored, while Warhammer gets another 5-A or 4-B calc it doesn't need.

Ok but let's get everything straight first.

First game Knack is 10-C at his smallest, and at least 8-C at his largest. Colossal Knack is High 8-C for being vastly bigger than even Big Knack.

Second game Knack is same as before, except everyone now scales from the Artifact (Yes I remembered it's name now) which should be 7-B for being able to destroy a city. In the highly unlikely chance that 7-B doesn't fly as the cannon was never shown to be able to destory a city (Although highly unlikely as Xander's whole plan was to bust a city with it), the Artifact should at the very least be 7-C for causally destroying towns like nothing.

However, to remain consistant, I suggest 7-B only be used for Knack's bigger forms, as at his smallest, he was at least 13 feet when he fought the Artifact.

Alright. Gonna leave it at that for now. I'm going to sleep. Will get back to this soon.

It's so good to finally see Knack picking up in the wiki.

Not true,but lets not get into that pls.
Sorry, it just feels like I always see a WH40K calc in the blog posts.

Well it is basically your fanfic infamous but without Cole MacGrath, so eh. I can live with it.

Let's see here......

Planet busters everywhere

Solar Systems going kaboom...

Hax everywhere...

Yeah, pretty much. Except it's actually awesome and doesn't feel like a forced way to make Cole 4-B.

You are aware I'm just complaining how popular verses get all the attention and others that are in desperate need of revisions get completely ignored. Also, you are getting your facts messed up.

I constantly say that I dislike the story direction. The fiction is about that. Such as making The Beast the threat he was made out to be, as well as making him a central antagonist, rather than taking a back seat to some old fart. As well as the government power-shift plot-point that was straight up dropped to rush The Beast story, which they ****** up anyway.

And you are aware that DC =/= AP?

"Hax everywhere", it's not like he has every hax in the world. And I don't see you complaining about how much hax Second So has.

Also, you're right planet to solar system busting heroes with hax make no good stories whatsoever.

Also, before you talk shit about other fan characters, I recommend to take a good look at yours (I am not insulting you. But how about you think before you make fun of someone).

Regardless, I'd rather we not talk about this and get back to revising the greatest game of all time. So let's move on/

Alright guys, I'm awake. Let's compile feats so we can get them clac'ed.

For AP we already have the Armaggeddon Machine feat, which will scale to Knack, a few Goblins, the Robots, and Katarina's robots. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong.

For Speed, we have Knack dodging tank fire at close range, Knack dodging missiles, and Knack dodging arrows. Again, somebody correct me if I'm wrong.

As it stands, I can't remember a lot from the second game. It's hilariously long and I've barely completed 1/3 of it. All I can get now is from the cutscenes, so if anyone wants to watch them, there are cutscenes from the first game and the second one in the OP.

Wew. Welcome aboard the meme Knack train Ever.

Ok, so according to Spino the city busting feat is straightforward, so I'm going to assume we can use it.

As for the rest,

Lifting strength should be Class 100, as Knack can effortlessly lift tanks.

Range should be Melee usually, and dozens of meters with relics.

Weaknesses: Without relics, Knack is incapable of forming a body. Poisoned relics can disrupt the arcane energies that bind Knack together, effectively wearing him down over time. Attacking the orb in his chest will tempoarily unbind his relics.

Other than that, all that's left is speed. I remember using the current rating since Knack can casually dodge tank fire, and I thus used this. If anyone has a better feat I'm open to suggestions.

Overall, if no one opposes, I'll adjust the profile.

Nice. I'll be making the other profiles too, and the verse page. If anyone wants to help they're free to do so.

Also Cinder vs Knack is a thing now so check that out.

Back