• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Kirito's Rainbow Light Show Of Death Upgrade

CurrySenpai

She/Her
FC/OC VS Battles
Content Moderator
Hello, It's me your favorite SAO wanker CurrySenpai. Today we have a new potential upgrade for Kirito that needs to be discussed. No, there isn't any universe shaking or limitations of the system. This is a brand new feat found by and calc'd by @Problemexe and it's a very odd feat but nonetheless, it yields high results that may see a return to Tier 4 or will at least by higher than Tier 7.

Calc Link

Now the feat in question has not been analyzed by calc group members on-site (I'll remove this part when it is) but I figured I might as well make this CRT to bring attention to it as well as discuss the feat in question.

Basically, Kirito and Eugeo deliver some Prismatic Waves into Gabriel's heart to finish him off and that's pretty much it. This happens in both the Light Novel and the Anime so there's really no room for interpretation or "flowery language" here.

Now we simply wait for the fireworks to go off and witness greatness.

SmoggyVigorousCoati-size_restricted.gif

"Come at me bro."

To-Do: Discuss who this scales to once approved.

Agree:

Disagree:

Neutral:

As for scaling I’m thinking this should only really scale to a select few characters such as Abyssal Horror, WoU and Star King/Queen Kirito and Asuna, and potentially Gabriel? He does die to the attack but he was still fighting on par with an incarnation empowered Kirito for a bit.

I'm sorry, but what is a "prismatic wave" that you are talking about here? Heck, does Problem ever read things while trying to even understand what is happening, or understand the context it is happening in? I cannot believe he still does not understand the basics of Underworld. It is unimaginable to me to see him still not understand Gabe's demise is not an in-UW event, but an in-real world event.

What happened has nothing to do with things happening in Underworld, it's simply Kirito, directing the the entire memory data generated by the Underworlders in their Lightcube's, into Gabriel's SoulTranslator, which causes his Fluctlight in the real world to implode.

What's physically being described is nothing more than "Incarnation causes shiny effects", an in UW portrayal of what is happening in real world so to say, whereas what ended up happening to Gabe is completely a real world instance.

A good analogy would be:

I drag and drop a file from a folder into another in my computer. Windows or Mac or any operating system has these fancy animations to showcase what's happening on my screen, the file will become translucent, the folder I hover over will gain color/focus, if it was minimized, it will pop up with a cool animation from my task bar, when I drop it there's be a cool animation window of it being transferred.

The reality is, it literally just moved data from a physical drive in my computer, into another part.

I'm sorry, but what is a "prismatic wave" that you are talking about here? Heck, does Problem ever read things while trying to even understand what is happening, or understand the context it is happening in? I cannot believe he still does not understand the basics of Underworld. It is unimaginable to me to see him still not understand Gabe's demise is not an in-UW event, but an in-real world event.
Partially false. Sure Gabriel dying is because Kirito is overloading his brain with memories and all that junk but it's still a thing Kirito HAS to do from within Underworld. He's not magically in real life to all of a sudden send the data to him.

I'm gonna give you the benefit of the doubt though and say you may have just misunderstood what we're trying to convey/accomplish here. We aren't suggesting Gabriel's death is because Kirito is physically killing him from within Underworld. We are suggesting Kirito has committed the feat of creating actual prismatic light waves (which is even shown in the anime) alongside overloading Gabriel's mind.

What's physically being described is nothing more than "Incarnation causes shiny effects", an in UW portrayal of what is happening in real world so to say, whereas what ended up happening to Gabe is completely a real world instance.
Why would it just be incarnation causing shiny effects when Kirito is directly stating that he is creating prismatic waves inside Gabriel and the anime is showing this fact? Sure it may be a part of his Incarnation abilities but it's not just light effects, and even if they are just light effects it's still actual light that produces energy.

I'm also getting really tired of this "it's just data/it's just the game" argument you've brought up these last couple of times. Sure they are in a game but that shouldn't affect the rating and all that. We have a thing called Reality Equalization for stuff and verses like SAO.

Problem, every single time you write stuff, I literally wonder if you do things specifically for people to cringe at your behavior, you did not even understand what you were replying to...
but it's still a thing Kirito HAS to do from within Underworld
Correct, partially. It's as simple as pointing his sword where he wants the data to flow. This is exactly what he did to PoH as well. You have been literally shown how this functions just in the previous battle scene... Because, you know... Build up is a thing authors utilize to help people grasp simple concepts.

The Night Sky Sword collected the memory data (Incarnation) of the entire Underworld population who were praying at the time, and then directed it into Gabriel. Buuuuuuuut...

I will also shock you a bit here. You literally do not need to do anything if you do not want to. Doing pointing acts just helps your own mind to focus, gives it a clear target, provides direction, whatever you want to call it, but you do not necessarily need it. For example, Asuna prefers to use her Stacia powers by pointing whatever is in her hands, whether it is the Radiant Light or a simple kitchen knife, but if she's in a pinch, she can use them just fine without explicitly doing a pointing motion, because anything that is not exclusively physical, functions via Incarnation in this world. I can provide other examples from other characters, like Sigurosig causing Fanatio to freeze up, or vice versa, Sigurosig feeling he is being hunted simply by having Fanatio look at her.

Now you guys keep saying "Prismatic waves", can any of you explain what a "prismatic lightwave" even is, other than "harmless light effects"? Sword Skills have light effects. Incarnation causes light effects/mirages. Sacred Arts creates particles with a certain color of light.

"Light" is not really a factor. I can create a "prismatic wave" by having a white light and directing it at a prism. I can assure you, the nearby vicinity will not be nuked as a result of me doing that. It literally means "colorful lights" man... Simple as that.

My argument isn't even "Game vs Hardware" per se. We literally know for a fact that nothing Kirito does inside Underworld is even harming Gabriel, because he more or less perfected his incarnation and is a sociopath who believes he is a soul drinker. This entire thread however, is built on the premise that harmless, colorful lights are doing something to a being who is unaffected by actual harmful things in the world.

There was only one thing in that fight that ended up harming Gabriel Miller in Underworld, and that was because he did not see it.

Problem, every single time you write stuff, I literally wonder if you do things specifically for people to cringe at your behavior, you did not even understand what you were replying to...
I will ask you to settle down a little bit, but also I agree

This is another upgrade that doesn't make any sense and takes flowery language completely at face value as if context doesn't suggest something much more reasonable occuring

Basically, Kirito and Eugeo deliver some Prismatic Waves into Gabriel's heart to finish him off and that's pretty much it. This happens in both the Light Novel and the Anime so there's really no room for interpretation or "flowery language" here.
What even is a Prismatic Wave

looking it up on the internet gets nothing so I assume it's a wacky term for light or something entirely made up to sound cool

I didn't make the calc so we'll have to wait for Problem on this one. He'll do a much better job of explaining things.

Update: it was a wacky term for light

Gabriel being a black hole is flowery language. Black holes do not explode when you pour memories into it. The explosion that you calculate as 5-C is in actual fact Low 7-C (even under the assumption there was a proper blast wave, which is why this hasn't been applied in any respect as of now) and either of those directly contradict the idea they're High 4-C via existing

I disagree with the upgrade.

I mean we can use other mass besides blackhole, we did it beforehand and it was still higher than 7-B

Nice argument, trying to say what I do IRL cringes people.
I mean we can use other mass besides blackhole, we did it beforehand and it was still higher than 7-B
Okay. From what I've heard, I need more supportive evidence for Subtilizer being a black hole.

Firstly, he was mentioned as a patch of nothingness, a void, and a block hole twice on the blog. Bold = The Main Quotes.
No, it wasn’t right to describe him as having an air. All that existed before me was a patch of nothing. A black hole devouring all information, from which not even a sliver of light could escape.
The void filling the inside of the enemy was like a black hole, but my own body was also swirling with a gargantuan, gleaming galaxy created with the prayers of each and every human being.
Here we have that he isn't human. He has a dark bluish-black aura draped over the man’s entire body intensified its wriggling. The information comprising this world was being sucked into the darkness. The world’s information, even Kirito's own consciousness was being sucked over by the gravity of the void.
When we were on our way here I heard from Asuna that this man was a member of the special forces that had attacked the Ocean Turtle. That meant he was probably a mercenary hired with money by an organization or enterprise bent on stealing Artificial Fluctlight technology. But the man watching me with glasslike
eyes from a slight distance away didn’t seem to be in pursuit of such a practical profit. No, come to think of it, he didn’t seem human at all.

After about a second of observation and thought, I opened my
mouth:

“…Who are you?”

I immediately got an answer. The man spoke in a sleek voice that nonetheless sounded somewhat metallic:

“A seeker, a stealer, and a plunderer.”

As soon as he said that, the dark bluish-black aura draped over the man’s entire body intensified its wriggling. I felt a breeze blowing from behind me. The air… no, the information comprising this world was being sucked into the darkness.

“What are you looking for?”

“The soul.”

As the conversation went on, the attraction gradually built up. It wasn’t just this world’s information, even my own consciousness was being sucked over by the gravity of the void.
He is a void and a bottomless darkness that could absorb the spirits of others. Has the aura of darkness emanating from the man’s entire body thickened all at once. He is a being made out of amorphous darkness and just empty darkness, a patch of black fire about one meter long. An utterly impossible existence.
A burst of white sparks severed the dark feelers about to wrap around my body. My thoughts immediately became clear again.

—What the hell just happened?

Was this man capable of interfering with my consciousness with the help of two STLs?

I stared into the man’s eyes while reinforcing my barrier of imagination. But all that was in there was a void, and a bottomless darkness that could absorb the spirits of others.

“…What’s your name?”

I asked without thinking.

The man considered for a moment, then gave his name.

“Gabriel. My name is Gabriel Miller.”

Instinct told me that it was neither his character’s name nor his nickname; it was the man’s real name.

I could tell because his visage had changed for a few seconds. His eyes had sharpened, cold as ice. His lips had thinned slightly, and his cheeks had sunken.

Once he returned to his original custom face, the aura of darkness emanating from the man’s entire body thickened all at once.

At this point, I finally noticed that the man’s whole right arm below his shoulder was missing.

Amorphous darkness had been squirming there like an arm; now it slowly extended to wrap itself around the sword at his left waist.

The sword unsheathed with a wet sound, but it had no corporeal body at all.

It was just empty darkness, a patch of black fire about one meter long. An utterly impossible existence.

With a bizarre vibrating noise, the man brandished the sword of darkness gripped in his shadow hand.

I pulled back some distance and drew both swords from my back simultaneously. My left hand gripped the Blue Rose Sword, and my right hand gripped the Night Sky Sword.

If we were comparing black colors, the Night Sky Sword cut from the treetop of the Gigas Cedar was not inferior to his, but its body reflected light like black crystal while the man’s sword simply resembled darkness as though the space where it occupied had been isolated from all else. It probably was not on the same level as PoH’s Mate Chopper in terms of merely absorbing resources.

Last edited:
Flowery Language. If he was a literal black hole fully calculable in the way you've done, he would have turned the entire underworld to quarks by standing around.
Here we have that he isn't human. He has a dark bluish-black aura draped over the man’s entire body intensified its wriggling. The information comprising this world was being sucked into the darkness. The world’s information, even Kirito's own consciousness was being sucked over by the gravity of the void.
Black Holes are pure black as the name implies, since light is incapable of escaping them and thus we can't see anything but it's absence. This gravity is also substantially lesser than any genuine black hole as it only draws in the wind, with Kirito themselves seeming to be completely fine outside of the mental effects of Subtilizer's powers.
He is a void and a bottomless darkness that could absorb the spirits of others. Has the aura of darkness emanating from the man’s entire body thickened all at once. He is a being made out of amorphous darkness and just empty darkness, a patch of black fire about one meter long. An utterly impossible existence.
Black Holes don't inherently eat souls, they eat matter. I also wouldn't really describe a black hole as "black fire" because it really is just darkness but that's whatever

Flowery Language. If he was a literal black hole fully calculable in the way you've done, he would have turned the entire underworld to quarks by standing around.
Fair.
Black Holes are pure black as the name implies, since light is incapable of escaping them and thus we can't see anything but it's absence.
Fair.
This gravity is also substantially lesser than any genuine black hole as it only draws in the wind, with Kirito themselves seeming to be completely fine outside of the mental effects of Subtilizer's powers.
So, it looks like he could be a very weak or small black hole?
Black Holes don't inherently eat souls, they eat matter.
Fluctlights, the human soul, are described as quantum fields. And quantum fields are matter.

So, it looks like he could be a very weak or small black hole?
No, they just clearly do not abide by the definition of a genuine, calculable black hole

Like, they're a black hole in the sense that they suck things in, but they aren't one in the sense of having a mass and gravity comparable to the sun and deconstructing any matter that touches it
Fluctlights, the human soul, are described as quantum fields. And quantum fields are matter.
But specifically plucking one type of matter isn't what Black Holes do, they just consume everything nearby

I guess we can just use a different mass which could be either Human Mass, Liquid Metal, figuring out whatever the **** amalgamation Gabriel has become, or something else if you have any suggestions.

The calc fundamentally doesn't function with any arbitrary mass you throw at it

Like, FTL KE via dividing the speed of light by color spectrum (or whatever chicanery is being pulled there) still violates the relativistic physics used to calculate it, and Gabriel is not a Black Hole, plain and simple. Neither calcs should be used or considered.

I repeat, and again, and again. Context.

"Black Hole" is literally a reference to the fact that Gabe just devours every bit of incarnation thrown his way and nothing more. "Memory Data" is not mass. And the act itself does not even exist in Underworld, but inside the Main Visualizer and the Lightcube Cluster in conjunction.

It has less literal value than when one rudely calls their oversized friend a "black hole" because they ate one burger too much. At least the oversized friend consumed something of mass to earn the title.

Either way, the black hole discussion is a tangent anyways. As DMUA also stated, as I did before, the "prismatic wave" that is the basis of this calculation is just standard colorful light VFX with no real meaning.

This is less a fancy light with super specific calc parameters and more so using the speed a prismatic waves travels at (velocity) times the mass for a basic kinetic energy calc (at least that's what it seems like). We plugged in average human mass a while back and got 7-A.

Although I will bend the knee and agree blackhole is def flowery language since bro would be destroying everything around him and that is clearly not the case.

I have not seen a single argument as to why this light, compared to any other light, is special though? As I said, you have already seen what happened when Kirito overwrote PoH's avatar data. There too was a light. And that was a simple single code data, whereas this is just the memory data of all Underworld residents being visualized for transfer.

I have not seen a single argument as to why this light, compared to any other light, is special though? As I said, you have already seen what happened when Kirito overwrote PoH's avatar data. There too was a light. And that was a simple single code data, whereas this is just the memory data of all Underworld residents being visualized for transfer.
I guess the best way I can explain it is that the text is specifically citing he is creating prismatic waves that are in/are surging into Gabriel's heart for (lack of a better term), a rainbow light attack. Prisms release multiple colors of light throughout the spectrum and Kirito is simply skipping the prism part by just straight up creating them, an act he explicitly says, and an act that lines up with the anime without being something that was just added in to look cool and flashy.

After reading the text what I can infer is this. Kirito is not only producing prismatic waves but is also doing the attack where he sends the memory data to Gabriel in order to kill him. In the Underworld sense this is visualized/actualized by creating prismatic waves which surge out from all the facets and cracks of his body, and in the real world sense it's the data being sent to his STL.

Also thought I'd mention just cause Gabriel isn't taking damage doesn't necessarily mean we can't use the feat, it just means Gabriel is a ******* beast and tanking it due to his Incarnation.

Hopefully, that clears things up.

And why do you think this data transfer should function any differently than previously shown data transfer?

Also, I'll add that the reason Gabriel "cracks" is solely because his avatar is created by his Incarnation, and his brain is literally being flooded at that moment, unable to maintain the incarnation, thus his incarnation starts to crack.

There's a similar instance a couple pages ago before his full transformation, when Kirito introduces himself and asks for Gabe's name. At that moment, Gabe was thinking he was "Subtilizer" and thus had a very calm and eerie looking avatar as his GGO self, but Kirito noticed his facial attire "glitched" for a moment when Gabe introduced himself as his real self, breaking his incarnation for a brief moment (which was also included in the Anime).

And why do you think this data transfer should function any differently than previously shown data transfer?
I don’t think I’m saying it’s functioning differently but what I’m trying to say is yes Kirito is doing the same thing where he’s sending the data into someone’s STL. The only difference here is that he is specifically creating prismatic waves alongside that action.

Once again, I am looping back.

He transferred a small amount of game data to PoH, and created a small amount of light.

He transferred an immense amount of memory data filled with different contents from a vast amount of people into Gabe and created a large amount of light.

I think you are tunnel visioning too much on a word nobody is even able to describe properly. It's literally just "colorful lights".

Before I go do other things here is what I'm trying to say. The prismatic waves are NOT a byproduct of the data transfer into Gabriel's STL they are a thing Kirito does alongside that action. He is explicitly saying "Eugeo and I created prismatic waves" the anime shows them committing this act.

It's not because of the data transfer, it's an entirely different and dedicated act altogether. For now, though I will wait for the calc to be corrected. I believe I've presented everything I need to.

You overvalue minor statements in hype moments. Kirito also did create the light effect in plenty of other places, because that's how incarnation works. Things shine.

Bruh ain't no way you actually proceeded with this reach after I told you in discord like 30 times that you calc was wrong in conceptualization.

Bruh ain't no way you actually proceeded with this reach after I told you in discord like 30 times that you calc was wrong in conceptualization.
💀

Dang have I been fighting on the wrong side of history this entire time???

He did not tell you? I thought he would be updating you since he said it was two of you lol.

He first came to me about helping him with the calc and checking it but I shut him down multiple times regarding it due to being lacking/clear flowery language even beyond the data argument.

I will say I believe the prismatic waves are actually prismatic waves but the black hole stuff is definitely l sketch

Mm, I did not even take that as problem to see that to see that the calculation is faulty.

Light waves like the ones here, being called "prismatic waves", do not travel like shockwaves or sound waves which displace component particles of their medium and cause a domino effect to even attempt to use a kinetic energy method. The only reasonable thing would be that, the waves moving within refers to the light as it starts creating fissures within the opponent but and before the cracks began forming externally. Otherwise, it would not quite physics here as far as I am aware.

Furthermore if you were going that direction you would have to determine the "thickness" of the waves to determine how much mass was being affected at once. You cannot simply take the entire mass as if it was shaking the entire object at light speed.

Mm, I did not even take that as problem to see that to see that the calculation is faulty.

Light waves like the ones here, being called "prismatic waves", do not travel like shockwaves or sound waves which displace component particles of their medium and cause a domino effect to even attempt to use a kinetic energy method. The only reasonable thing would be that, the waves moving within refers to the light as it starts creating fissures within the opponent but and before the cracks began forming externally. Otherwise, it would not quite physics here as far as I am aware.

Furthermore if you were going that direction you would have to determine the "thickness" of the waves to determine how much mass was being affected at once. You cannot simply take the entire mass as if it was shaking the entire object at light speed.
🤔 I see I see. I'll take your word for this cause I'm not exactly well-versed in physics and calculations (I'm really just the messenger here lol).

Thanks for clearing some things up. Guess this thread can be closed then since the calculation is just wrong.

Back