• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So Soul Destruction is out of the game.

@ Kuroiha. Kirito can either only seal or BFR. A deity on a Low 2-C to 2-A range is keeping him alive.

Kirito can't erase Caius with Incarnation, and even if he can he wouldn't do that in-character.

Kirito would primarily use Incarnation in this key for probability manip to increase his chances of succeeding, flight, and likely regen. Dunno if all of these would be nope'd by Yeal. He'd also use the Night Sky Sword's ability to absorb resources to grow stronger anyways.

If it really comes down to it and flash freeze Release Recollection doesn't work, then Kirito could try law manip + absorb to get stronger via Night Sky Sword + Incarnation's probability manip + Sword Skill amps to possibly surpass Caius' AP and beat him down with a Starburst Stream. Incarnation would primarily be there to increase his chances in succeeding with that action.

Kirito could try to incap via traditional means like knockout if that's possible.

I'll wait for more input though.

To be fair he's fought an enemy just like that: The Abyssal Horror.

If he knows the enemy can come back then he'll either try to keep them in place via an incap or find another way to take his enemy down.

"Kirito would primarily use Incarnation in this key for probability manip to increase his chances of succeeding, flight, and likely regen. Dunno if all of these would be nope'd by Yeal. He'd also use the Night Sky Sword's ability to absorb resources to grow stronger anyways."

Yeul wont interfere with Kirito's abilities, she will only stop Caius from dying. Kirito can fight normally, but when he uses an ability that would kill Caius, he just comes back (so fast it looks like the ability didnt work). I dont advice absorbing resources near Caius since he is surrounded by Chaos. Kirito may not like it.

Incapping Caius via traditional knock out is possible. But... Nobody has done it. The guy's stamina and resilence is very high.

Kirito could very well try with the combo I just listed out. Incarnation is a pretty big advantage.

Also considering all VR avatars are supposed to have infinite physical stamina (Which I really need to get to adding on their profiles), Kirito could just keep on repeatedly trying until Caius is down.

One final thing to note (but is kinda useless in this situation) is that Underworld's stamina system is a bit more unique. They still have infinite physical stamina, it's just that when they become "tired" (which is when normal people would usually be tired), they start to lose Durability (basically HP). However because Kirito in this key has regen and healing, that just becomes a non-factor and we're back to regular infinite physical stamina.

Not until I see more arguments thrown in here for both sides (mostly for Caius' side since I don't know much about him).

Well, my boy Caius can use Timestop, place several debuffs (including inability to use magic or physical attacks), buff himself, heal himself, can transform in Chaos Bahamut to use his most powerful Megaflare attack.

Has several millenia of battle experience and stamina to have an endless fight with Lightning (enough to force her to basically ragequit).

Everything but battle experience and stamina would be negged via Law Manip from Kirito. It's just a matter of physical power then.

Actually, this is leaning more towards inconclusive than I originally thought.

The battle would go something like this:

>Kirito flash freezes.

>Caius breaks out.

>Kirito goes in for physical attacks.

>Caius goes in for his hax (maybe).

>Caius realizes he isn't attacking properly or Kirito is just surviving all his blows via Incarnation.

>Kirito law manips and combos Caius.

>If Caius dies then he's revived and the two try to kill each other for eternity because both have essentially infinite stamina.

>If he doesn't die then literally the same thing happens unless either of the two knock each other out, but I see nobody having an advantage in that because the chances of Caius knocking down Kirito is low b/c Incarnation and the chances of Kirito knocking down Caius is low b/c he can fight endlessly according to you.

So yeah, I'll lean towards inconclusive then. Neither can really put down the other as long as Kirito has law manip + Incarnation + stat amps putting him around or above Caius' level and Caius can just keep on coming back.

Caius: 5

Kirito: 0

Incon: 1

Thanks for the input!

"As mentioned in the Final Fantasy XIII-2 Ultimania Omega Scenario Interview, the battle between Caius and Lightning is in an endless loop that continues for eternity unless Lightning enters crystal stasis.[1] Lightning is eventually caught off guard after having a vision of Serah dying, allowing Caius to strike her down."

Afterwards Lightning keeps fighting and gives up as an attempt to save her sister. Supposedly Caius and Light fight for years and years or something like that. I'd have to check the quotes.

Kirito still has to will it, if he dies before that happens, he kinda can't will it.

And he doesn't have much in the way of putting him down either aside from KOing

Kirito can definitely take hits from Caius and keep on fighting. The AP difference is only around 1.08, and Caius doesn't really have a way to put down Kirito either because A: Incarnation's probability screwery, B: Kirito's ability to absorb resources to grow stronger overtime, C: Sword Skills giving massive amps.

Kirito can definitely stay conscious and possibly even surpass Caius in AP if he ever decides to absorb anything around him. The thing is though that Kirito can't permenantly put down Caius either, which is why I voted inconclusive.

Not repeatedly for a long period of time.

How can Kirito remain conscious in stopped time? He can't.

You can't will yourself to not die if you have no idea that your going to be dead in an instant

Caius stops time and lops off his head.

Kirito uses law manip to prevent Caius from stopping time.

If he doesn't know then he'll just peer into Caius' fluctlight to know the law manip.

Caius stops time anyway because Kirito has literally no idea he can stop time to begin with and Law Manipulation really doesn't force a person to not stop time at all.

Actually it can.

Law manip can literally stop a person from doing something because it's law. That's how law manip works.

And even then Kirito has power null so

Schnee One said:
Not repeatedly for a long period of time.
How can Kirito remain conscious in stopped time? He can't.

You can't will yourself to not die if you have no idea that your going to be dead in an instant

Caius stops time and lops off his head.
Regenerationn:

Mid: The ability to regenerate from decapitatio or severe brain damage. For machines and vehicles, this would be regenerating from the destruction of critical parts, such as the engine.

Kirito at this point in time is no fool, and Incarnation heals him unconsciously most of the time.

Note: Most of the time, in battles, Pre-Intelligence Space War Kirito activates forcefields and/or barriers before going into battle. Would this change anything?

Then its highly unlikely that Kirito would take preventive meassures against something he never faced, no? Even if he can.

"As for the Tier 2 thing keeping Caius alive, once Kirito realizes his attacks aren't doing anything, there's an extremely high chance he'll go for law manipulation. SK Kirito himself is aware of Quinella's abilities, having rediscovered and cracked them all to reforge Caldina"

How many insta-kills does Kirito have? Because for him to notice that he must have already dealt lethal damage to caius, who can heal and is stronger in AP by a small margin. So its not like Caius is going to go down any time soon.

There aren't people who can stop time, but there is one who can send attacks through time, into the past and future.

Multiple.

Flash freeze, teleporting metal into hearts, Object Property Manipulation, soul destruction, Life Manipulation, etc.

Also given the fact that Caius literally looks somewhat like a Dark Territory Knight (which he all killed a couple hundred years ago), I doubt he wouldn't be the least bit wary.

We are gonna add BFR and Fate Manipulation to Caius.

Just a heads up.

That's still something that can be law manip'd or power neg'd, so still up for inconclusive, especially now that I remember that Kirito can peer into an enemy's fluctlight to know all of their abilities beforehand.

Kirito performs law manip through will

You get teleported, you can't will.

It's not going to help.

That's honestly quite a weak argument when you consider that Star King Kirito is pretty cautious, what with the first thing he does being to freeze his enemies in place while setting up barriers and peering into his enemies' fluctlights to know their abilities before deciding the next course of action.

He'd know Caius has that ability beforehand and set up law manip.

Wait, doesn't Kirito also have transmutation? He can just turn Caius into a tree since that doesn't kill him. He also has petrification via scaling from Administrator and Chudelkin, who can turn their opponents to stone (the light novel also say they can petrify people other than Integrity Knights).

Xmark12 said:
peering into his enemies' fluctlights to know their abilities before deciding the next course of action
Jack of All Trades but every time Soul Reading was already an idea before it was a thing DMUA dies slightly inside

He's cautious enough to constantly will himself to where he gets resistance to BFR

I don't buy that.

What even is his best feat?

It's not resistance, it's essentially just a higher form of powernull which says "you cannot do x".

He doesn't really have a "best feat" considering most of his tier 4 feats are around the same level, save for the shaking the universe feat at 20% power.

In terms of hax it's definitely law manip, resource absorb (which makes him grow stronger), transmutation, life manip (forgot that he can do that), Incarnation (reality warping/probability manip), telepathy and mind manip (which will be really useful in this fight to know Caius' abilities), and of course the infamous flash freeze (which is basically useless in this fight).

Things that can help are homing attacks, creation, barriers, and near instant mid-level regen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back