• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
LeopoldTheBrave said:
SomebodyStupid said:
i would say they both use full power, but that isnt fair for kirby. also leopold care to explain? (right now im neutral)
Well all Kirby has to do to win is swallow Sonic, and the main argument against him was that he couldn't catch Sonic, but that was already proven wrong earlier in the thread. All Sonic's speed would do is help him win a race since Kirby's durability is good enough to take Sonic's attacks.
It's funny that you think Kirby can swallow a character whose both stronger, more durable (invulnerable to anything less than LP) and is capable of outmaneuvering him several times over.

Another question, why hasn't Kirby ever absorbed the bosses he faced in combat with his inhaling power. Seems kinda strange he didn't just do what you implied he could.

CaptainFalcon64 said:
Otakuzoid said:
Ok, I realize that I said that I was gonna hold off until tomorrow, but I really need to respond to this specific post.
This Article very clearly calculates Kirby's movement speed (it's faster than light btw)

And in that very same article it determined that a simple slap form Kirby can "send a giant monster flying at 42,857,142,860 m/s, 143 times the speed of light !"

Anyway, I'm going to bed for real now. I'll be back on tomorrow to address any further arguments.
That's called Toon Force, that was taken from the Kirby cartoon, defenetely shouldn't be taken seriously, also don't post calculations from Screw Attack, it will cause controversy amongs some of the users that have a generally dislike to Screw Attack, if your trying to be serious about Kirby do your own calculations instead of taking it from them otherwise your arguments wont be taken seriously. As it stands Sonic is surperior in stats, and with the mayority of votes in Sonic's favor he is soon to win.
Why is that considered toon force? Just because the feat is rediculouse automatically means we should ignore it?

Also, these calculations are not from Screwattack. Yes the article is defending Screwattack, but the calculations are 100% their own.

"and with the mayority of votes in Sonic's favor he is soon to win." So that's how winners are determined on this site? By how many people vote for a certain character?

If you don't like that calculation, then here's a calculation from ClassicGameGuys, who is an official calculator on this website if I'm not mistaken:

"The Warp Star's best speed feat is travelling to a distant corner of the galaxy in a short time frame

http://www.kirbysrainbowresort.net/games/kirby64/instruction/page04and05.jpg

http://youtu.be/0hR00dm53zk?t=496

Presuming this galaxy is in the ballpark of The Milky Way Galaxy, using its radius as a distance, that would be 50,000 light years in 4 seconds

50000 * 365 * 24 * 60 * 15 = 394200000000c which is 400 billions times the speed of light." -ClassicGameGuys

Otakuzoid said:
CaptainFalcon64 said:
Otakuzoid said:
Ok, I realize that I said that I was gonna hold off until tomorrow, but I really need to respond to this specific post.
This Article very clearly calculates Kirby's movement speed (it's faster than light btw)

And in that very same article it determined that a simple slap form Kirby can "send a giant monster flying at 42,857,142,860 m/s, 143 times the speed of light !"

Anyway, I'm going to bed for real now. I'll be back on tomorrow to address any further arguments.
That's called Toon Force, that was taken from the Kirby cartoon, defenetely shouldn't be taken seriously, also don't post calculations from Screw Attack, it will cause controversy amongs some of the users that have a generally dislike to Screw Attack, if your trying to be serious about Kirby do your own calculations instead of taking it from them otherwise your arguments wont be taken seriously. As it stands Sonic is surperior in stats, and with the mayority of votes in Sonic's favor he is soon to win.
Why is that considered toon force? Just because the feat is rediculouse automatically means we should ignore it?
Also, these calculations are not from Screwattack. Yes the article is defending Screwattack, but the calculations are 100% their own.

"and with the mayority of votes in Sonic's favor he is soon to win." So that's how winners are determined on this site? By how many people vote for a certain character?

If you don't like that calculation, then here's a calculation from ClassicGameGuys, who is an official calculator on this website if I'm not mistaken:

"The Warp Star's best speed feat is travelling to a distant corner of the galaxy in a short time frame

http://www.kirbysrainbowresort.net/games/kirby64/instruction/page04and05.jpg

http://youtu.be/0hR00dm53zk?t=496

Presuming this galaxy is in the ballpark of The Milky Way Galaxy, using its radius as a distance, that would be 50,000 light years in 4 seconds

50000 * 365 * 24 * 60 * 15 = 394200000000c which is 400 billions times the speed of light." -ClassicGameGuys
Are you running out of counter arguments?, That's only for the Warp Star, something that's restricted for Kirby in this fight, if you bother to read their profile you would find out that Kirbys travel speed is MFTL+(with the Warp Star), this calculation does not in any shape or form applies to Kirby's fighting speed, again it's called Toon Force because of the ridiculous amount of strenght he inhibits despite him not actually having it.

Oop, forgot about that, my bad.

Then again, I can still make another point of this, Kirby is still capable of percieving and reacting at the same speeds as the warp star (otherwise he wouldn't be able to fly it at said speed) That's all Kirby really needs to be able to combat Sonic. Sonic dispite all of his speed, needs to get close to Kirby to be able to attack him. And that's exactly what Kirby wants, once Sonic gets in, he runs the risk of getting inhaled. And once Sonic gets inhaled, it's game over. And in order to do notable damage, Sonic would have to exert more force towards Kirby, making it harder for him to pull away once Kirby begins inhaling.

And on the subject of Super Sonic, I'm really confused as to what the person means by "restricted to Super Sonic". Does he mean that Sonic is in his Super only or that he can't use any of his other transformations?

Do I have to bring the NLF combat here?, if Travel Reactions = Combat Reaction then Nacar drivers would stomp Boxers,MMA Fighters,Karate Master, ect. Even in fiction, that would mean Fox Mcloud would have FTL reactions due to him reacting and dodging omnidirectional lasers while piloting his Arwin. If Kirby can actually suck him in but Sonic being FTL will defenetely make sure that doesn't happend no matter the distance. Kirby is Planet Level+ while Sonic is at least Planet Level+( Possibly much higher), he will put a bit more force then what he usually uses he won't have the need to exert (much anyways) to beat him. About the Super Sonic...he can only use the Super Sonic form.

Large Planet Busting, CF64, Super Sonic defeated the likes of Perfect Dark Gaia, who was stronger than Dark Gaia. He had enough force in his blows to literally knock away P. Dark Gaia's limbs, and pierced through its skull completely with a Super Sonic Boost strike. Dark Gaia was already Large Planet Level before transforming into P. Dark Gaia so it's only natural that its stronger form is "at least" or even "+".

I'm sorry, but the whole combat speed thing is a fallacy. http://outskirtsbattledomewiki.com/index.php/13-general-obd-terms/79-combat-speed-fallacy

Even if we go by the logic of combat speed, Kirby fought and defeated Dark Mind, who was fast enough to outspeed the Warp Star (in fact, Kirby was fighting him as he was outspeeding the warp star).

You have to keep in mind momentum, the more enrgy that Sonic exerts forward, the more energy and time he will have to spend to pull back, no matter how fast he is. Not to mention Kirby can just jump onto Sonic while inhaling, basically landing his mouth into Sonic.

And Sonic won't have the advantage of flight and invincibility once his Super Form runs out. All Kirby really has to do is go rock Kirby for the entire duration of Super Sonic (rock Kirby is invulnerable to attacks).

Pics of him Dark Mind outstripping the Warp Star in speed?

Sonic is capable of stopping himself on a dime. Switching his position from left to right near instantly, and has completely mastered control over his running speed. He has no problem with momentum. Keep drawing straws.

He won't need to worry about it running out. If we're going by Gameplay mechanics, 50 rings is more than enough time to perform a single Super Sonic Boost and kill Kirby. More straws please, I have a large ice cream sundae and I need to diverge the contents so that I can slurp it better.

Ok granted I couldn't find anything on him outspeeding it but here You can see that kirby is capable of fighting and reacting to projectiles at high speeds. If you look at the speed of the stars going by in the background then you can tell that they are going very, very fast.

Example?

Thanks for ignoring my point about Kirby turning into rock Kirby.

Otakuzoid said:
I'm sorry, but the whole combat speed thing is a fallacy. http://outskirtsbattledomewiki.com/index.php/13-general-obd-terms/79-combat-speed-fallacyEve if we go by the logic of combat speed, Kirby fought and defeated Dark Mind, who was fast enough to outspeed the Warp Star (in fact, Kirby was fighting him as he was outspeeding the warp star).
You have to keep in mind momentum, the more enrgy that Sonic exerts forward, the more energy and time he will have to spend to pull back, no matter how fast he is. Not to mention Kirby can just jump onto Sonic while inhaling, basically landing his mouth into Sonic.

And Sonic won't have the advantage of flight and invincibility once his Super Form runs out. All Kirby really has to do is go rock Kirby for the entire duration of Super Sonic (rock Kirby is invulnerable to attacks).
Is that so?, then OBD just proved a FTL Fox McCloud GG on that.

Fighting on a vehicle does not make you as fast as the vehicle itself. If two martial artist fought on a bullet train moving 320 km/h does that mean that the people themselves can move a these speeds?. Vegito used to be Relativistic at travel speeds with FTL reactions, does that mean that Vegito is only Relativistics in combat reactions?. You see where exatcly you went wrong.

You don't always need to exert yourself to cause massive damage, even blows that could destroy planets don't actually need momentum. You don't need to speed up to destroy something, simple blows are enough to do it.

True it could happened but Sonic has outraned black holes up close, Kirby's mouth is no different. Also Super Sonic is way faster then Kirby(without his Warp Star) so good luck to him trying to react to FTL+ speeds while hes only FTL.

Why are we even arguing about the Warp Star, considering it's not available to Kirby for this fight?

Besides, if the Warp Star's best "feat" was in Kirby 64, that's a shame, because the Warp Star didn't even appear in Kirby 64 from my memory. The way Kirby and co. travelled between planets in that game was by way of portals generated by the titular Crystal Shard. If anything, it's the Crystal Shard that has MFTL+ speed, as Ribbon rode on it through space while trying to escape from Dark Matter, and it reached Pop Star in relatively short time. Of course, though, the Crystal Shard is hardly something Kirby regularly has access to.

"Fighting on a vehicle does not make you as fast as the vehicle itself." However, the example that I gave with Dark Mind showcased Kirby reacting and dodging projectiles while moving at the high speeds that they are moving at.

True, but my point still stands that Sonic needs to get close to attack Kirby. Actually, does Sonic have a restistance of any sort to getting frozen?

Unclechairman said:
Why are we even arguing about the Warp Star, considering it's not available to Kirby for this fight?
Besides, if the Warp Star's best "feat" was in Kirby 64, that's a shame, because the Warp Star didn't even appear in Kirby 64 from my memory. The way Kirby and co. travelled between planets in that game was by way of portals generated by the titular Crystal Shard. If anything, it's the Crystal Shard that has MFTL+ speed, as Ribbon rode on it through space while trying to escape from Dark Matter, and it reached Pop Star in relatively short time. Of course, though, the Crystal Shard is hardly something Kirby regularly has access to.
I'm using the Warp Star as an example of Kirby's reaction speeds. Also, the link that was in there showed Kirby's warp star in the game.

Also, I personally think that it's really dumb that the Warp Star isn't allowed in this fight.

Oh... No wonder I didn't recall seeing it. I never managed to get all of the Crystal Shards to get to that part of the game.

Otakuzoid said:
"Fighting on a vehicle does not make you as fast as the vehicle itself." However, the example that I gave with Dark Mind showcased Kirby reacting and dodging projectiles while moving at the high speeds that they are moving at. True, but my point still stands that Sonic needs to get close to attack Kirby. Actually, does Sonic have a restistance of any sort to getting frozen?.
, "Fighting with/or on a vehicle does not make you as fast as the vehicle itself." <<<<<<----- only with bullets.
He fights in space and the temperature in space is only 2.7 degrees...only 2.7 degrees higher than absolute zero with no problem.

To anyone asking why I didn't allowed Warp Star on this fight:

I made this fight while ONLY looking at the tier and stuff. Super Sonic and base Kirby, without Warp Star, seemed pretty close according to the tiering system.

"Also, I personally think that it's really dumb that the Warp Star isn't allowed in this fight."

Wanna give Kirby his Warp Star? Sonic gets Hyper Sonic, who is far faster than SS and has Large Star Level+ power and would easily defeat Kirby, and Darkspine, who has Universe Level Reality Warping.

Kirby loses.

Oh Boy here it come's a death battle explanation. Yeah lock it and add Super Sonic to his loses. Sonic has 6-7 Votes and Kirby has 5 with 2 possibly 3 inconclusive votes.

I love how you guys love to beef up Kirby yet completely forget about Sonic's feats. It's truly hilarious. No one's forgetting Kirby's feats. We all know his abilities and some of his more hax powers. He just can't beat Sonic. There have been MULTIPLE times when Death Battle has been completely wrong about their outcomes, the Majin Buu one is no exception as they didn't go thoroughly through the feats and abilities of each character. At this point, they are a longer version of "One Minute Melee" and that's fine, I love the entertainment.

If we even go by Outliers, Sonic is the Superior character.

I'm curious why isn't Dark Gaia's planet splitting considered environmental destruction. It just happened naturally when it awoke and I don't think it ever showed that kind of power in a direct attack, I could be wrong though I ever played the game the whole way through

Dark Gaia is known for being part of a cycle in which the planet gets destroyed and then reconstructed by his counterpart, Light Gaia.

Also, saying "it just happened naturally" is ridiculous. The implication is that Dark Gaia had no part in the planet suddenly breaking apart, even though if you bother to watch the opening movie, the planet clearly breaks apart right when Dark Gaia awakens. Mind you, it did this in a weakened state, as you'll find out later in the game.

It was calced. He had to be able to output 7.2 yottatons worth of energy to do this. Who's to say he couldn't have later used that energy to beat Sonic with (and he did; he also has the honor of being one of the few beings in the series to actually be able to hurt Super Sonic with raw force alone).

The only way this wouldn't be taken as an AP/DC feat is if it was done with hax or some other intervening circumstance, which is not the case, as this was done entirely under Dark Gaia's own power.

Unclechairman said:
It was calced. He had to be able to output 7.2 yottatons worth of energy to do this. Who's to say he couldn't have later used that energy to beat Sonic with (and he did; he also has the honor of being one of the few beings in the series to actually be able to hurt Super Sonic with raw force alone).
The only way this wouldn't be taken as an AP/DC feat is if it was done with hax or some other intervening circumstance, which is not the case, as this was done entirely under Dark Gaia's own power.
By that logic wouldn't the top tiers of Bleach be Continent level since Yamomoto would supposedly destroy Soul Society by staying in his Bankai too long? That wasn't done using hax either

Oh. I was thinking of Yhwach.

Well, it seems Environmental DC was used there (on Yamamoto's profile) to distinguish between direct power that Yamamoto can apply conventionally versus what could potentially be the after-effects of him experiencing a Superpower Meltdown. Dark Gaia's case is not comparable, as he has no such susceptibilty to meltdown and all of his power is applied in a conventional manner.

I'm not sure why you have issues with this feat. Dark Gaia, after being awakened, broke the Earth apart and spread dark energy across the planet, a feat which was calced at 7.2 yottatons. It was not done through hax nor was it done in an indirect manner. It was done directly under Dark Gaia's own power.

I think Sonic can win this fight cause his speed in base already blitz Kirby and outrun black hole as he did one time (also actually accelerated time with classic Sonic to restore their time period) plus is planet buster in natural attacks also even if Kirby copies his moves (not speed) he can still beat him cause Emerl did the same thing (plus other combat data and chaos emerads) and he went all out (won in less than 30 seconds in base). Hypernova Kirby is only to redirect projectiles (but with a gravity of a black hole) and last for a short while like the super form though this fight is close cause he can react for some time but will be outlasted imo.

First feat you stated is unquantifable. Second feat, Sonic is only a Continent Buster, we just haven't had the time to get an admin to change those stats, so Kirby beats normal Sonic. He's Super Sonic always in this fight, and Super Sonic is a Large Planet Buster.

So I've thought about this for a while, and I've come to the conclusion that I've seriously underestimated Sonic's speed as a factor in this fight.

Sonic has literally ran fast enough to travel through time. I don't think Kirby even with his super MFTLness can really react to that. While I still think that Kirby is physically stronger and is capable of copying Sonic, I don't think any of those two can be a factor if Sonic is too fast for Kirby to even see let alone hit.

To be honest, Sonic's speed makes me wonder why we're not putting him against The Flash instead.

However, Sonic did run fast enough to travel through time in his base, does that count as MFTL or is that unquantifiable?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back