• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Kirby.

If enemies nearby, Kirby could get powers from that. Without enemies, Kirby can still:

A. Punch Sonic with planet destroying force

B. Eat Sonic somewhere during the battle, and then trap him in the stomach dimension leaving him to later turn to normal, and then starve to death

If Kirby can't use the Warp Star there's no way he's gonna keep up with Sonic's speed. Sonic is probably just gonna blitz him for the victory.

Uh, even without the Warp Star, Kirby can keep up with Meta Knight, who travel from planet to planet in seconds. And Hypernova Kirby>Super Sonic.

Hypernova only works as a means of redirecting an enemy's attacks and BFR-ing them, it serves no purpose in actual combat nor does it increase Kirby's durability.

Kirby's already very durable. Did you forget he can survive a Planet sized explosion. And no, that's not the purpose for Hypernova Kirby. Hypernova Kirby increases Kirby's stats to Large Star Level or probably Solar System Level, allows his inhale to equal the suction on a black hole. Okay

That is the exact purpose of Hypernova. It does not give Kirby more attacks.

Also, Super Sonic is a planet buster so I don't see how that matters.

Oh, okay. I thought you meant Hypernova Kirby makes Kirby weaker

And yeah, Super Sonic is, but Hypernova Kirby still beats him due to being Large Star Level.

Hypernova Kirby is only Large Star Level because he generates suction equivalent to a black hole. His attacks are not more powerful and his only means of attacking in that state are trying to BFR his enemy by pulling them in or by redirecting their attacks. Hypernova also does not increase Kirby's durability, so he's stuck with Super Sonic being able to harm him.

^You are underestimating Kirby. Yes Super Sonic can hurt him but he still can't beat Hyperniva Kirby. And his inhale is more powerful than ever. The only tranformation Sonic has that's equal to Hypernova Kirby is Hyper Sonic.

You don't seem to be getting it. Hypernova Kirby is only Large Star Level because he generates suction equivalent to that of a black hole, it does not strengthen his attacks, nor does it increase his durability. All it does is let him redirect his enemy's attacks and suck them in to BFR them (Which wouldn't work because Super Sonic would be able to escape its pull).

It strengthens his inhales, but it does not increase the strength of his attacks, nor does it increase his durability.

Isn't Kirby's inhale his attack? And how does it not strengthens his attacks when super powerful inhale is the only attack Hypernova Kirby has?

His direct attacks do not have increased power. Kirby does not dish out Large Star Level attacks, that's what I'm saying.

As it stands, Super Sonic is faster and attacks from him will wound Kirby, but even if he has trouble hitting Kirby, he could just blow up the planet and be done with it. Kirby can't fly, so he'll just be caught in the explosion.

First of all, Kirby can dish out Large Star Level attacks. And second of all, you're forgetting that Kirby has survived planet explosions before. And Kirby has beated foes alot more powerful than Super Sonic. And I remember saying Kirby can keep up with Meta Knight, who can travel from planet to planet and flew across the galaxy in seconds.

No, Kirby cannot.

Then the planet explosion would leave him incapaciated because he can't fly.

Proof that he's beaten characters more powerful than Super Sonic? If you're going to say Magolor, we consider Kirby and co. beating him an outlier due to how much more powerful Magolor is compared to other Kirby villains.

We have yet to accept Meta Knight's galaxy flying feat. When did he even do that?

1. Yes he can. He's dished out Queen Sectonia's attacks in her final form with the help of Hyperniva Kirby.

2. During the planet explosion, it didn't even look like Kirby was harmed at all.

3. Kirby and co. beating Magolor is not an outlier.

4. He probably did in one Kirby game.

1. That's redirecting attacks, which doesn't count.

2. Doesn't matter. He'd still not be able to harm Sonic due to not being able to reach him.

3. Explain why Kirby defeating Magolor is not an outlier when Magolor is 3-B but all other Kirby villains are 5-B and Kirby got no powerup when facing Magolor.

4. Him probably doing something is not enough proof.

1. Okay, you got me there

2. Yes, he can harm Sonic, as Kirby has harmed MFTL opponents before

3. Okay, I guess

4. Meta Knight also travels planet to planet in seconds. Is that enough proof for you?

This why this wiki is not a reliable resource for debates on which character is stronger.

2. Harming fast opponents does not remotely mean they're stronger.

4. Super Sonic is still that fast.

What do you even mean by that? What makes this wiki not reliable?

Sonic, even Hypernova doesn't stand a chance because its suction is equal to that of a black hole, and sonic has outraced blackholes even in his base form, Super Sonic is just too op.

Kirby wins, and here's why.

STRENGTH: Kirby most certainly has enough strength to harm Sonic because of this feat. Here we can see that Kirby is strong enough to completely destroy a planet with a single punch. Sonic has concistently shown himself to be harmed by non-planet level attacks before. I'm not saying that that this will instantly kill him, I'm just saying that Kirby is more than capable of dishing out damage to Sonic.

"But in this thread Sonic is restricted to his Super Form" -Possible argument. Well, Sonic in his superform has also consistently shown to get knocked back by non-plannet level attacks before such as missles from Dr. Robotnik.

SPEED: I think that there's no doubt that Sonic is faster than Kirby. However, just because he's faster doesn't mean that he can fight Kirby without getting hit. As stated above, Kirby is capable of keeping up with the likes of Meta Knight who has traversed across plantes. Regarldess, speed isn't the only factor in a fight.

DURABLITY: Kirby is without a doubt able to take in damage from Super Sonic and is even more durable than base Sonic. You wanna know why? Here's why. Let's take a look at the final boss of Kirby: Squeak Squad. Kirby fought and defeated the final boss inside of a black hole...let me repeat that. Kirby destroyed the final boss...inside of a black hole...TWICE THE SIZE OF POPSTAR! This means that Kirby is capable of effortlessly tanking supernovas, let alone Super Sonic.

ABILITIES: Here's what really seals the deal for Kirby's victory. Kirby can just copy Sonic, and therefore surpass him. "But Kirby won't be able to swallow him". Kirby doesn't need to swallow Super Sonic. Kirby has something called the copy ablity (yes copy, not inhale). This ability allows Kirby to scan enemies from a distance and copy their powers without the need of inhaling him. So not only can Kirby copy Sonic, he can copy Super Sonic.

Super Sonic is a planet buster, so he can take Kirby's attacks.

When did Kirby tank a supernova? Also, we rate surviving in a black hole as unquantifiable.

Also, why wouldn't Sonic just punch him which couldn't be copied?

@The Everlasting 1. Exacly, I'm not saying that Sonic will instantly die. I'm just simply saying that Kirby has enough strength to dish out damage to Sonic.

2. So basically we're just gonna ignore the black hole feat entirely? Well if that's the case, then Kirby's second best durability feat is planet level. Not as impressive, but still notable.

3. What? Uhh...could you re-word that last bit please? :p

Silverboy300 said:
^I'm not wanking Kirby, I'm stating the truth. Kirby literally can do these things. Play the games, you'll see why.
Game Mechanics should not always be applied in a battle, if they weren't then no one would win against Sephiroth... he would use Heartless Angel and leave the enemies with 1 HP, before 1 shotting them...do you see how stupidly op that would be?.

@Otakuzoid

2. Yes, because we consider them unquantifiable. Look at DontTalk's blog post about it.

3. Kirby needs to inhale the attacks of his enemies to use their moves, which he won't be able to do if Super Sonic just punches him.

@The Everlasting,

No, I'm not talking about Kirby's inahle ability. He literally has a scanning ability that copies enemies from a distance.
Copy

To address everyone's arguments:

Firstly, I'm not even sure why Kirby cracking Pop Star in Megaton Punch is rated as a Planet level feat. In order to be a Planet level feat, he'd have to destroy the planet outright, which he did not. Furthermore, there's actually an in-game counter that guages the strength of the contestants' punches, and the cap is 201 megatons if all the commands are timed perfectly. 201 megatons is Large City level at best, and the fact that Pop Star was cracked in half by a punch like that says more about Pop Star than it says about Kirby's overall power.

Secondly, about Super Sonic, he scales to Dark Gaia, who in a weakened state was able to output 7.2 yottatons of power or greater, which is actually Large Planet level; the only reason he's not rated as such on his page is because our Attack Potency chart which we use to rate characters based on power output is out of whack, to the point where destroying the Earth would be rated as a Moon level feat. We were trying to revise it a month ago, but the project got pushed back into December.

Thirdly, I concur with The Everlasting's assessment of Hypernova Kirby; he works by returning fire to his enemies with an improved inhale in classic Kirby style. He can also just inhale some enemies outright, as he did to Flowery Woods, which would result in a BFR. I do not think it increases his durability, since he still takes the usual amount of damage from enemies. As for whether or not he can inhale and BFR Super Sonic...

Thirdly, on Super Sonic being able to escape black holes, I presume what is being referred to is the Egg Salamander's attack in Sonic Rush. In which case, I'd like to point out that it was actually Burning Blaze that did this, as this attack was exclusive to the phases in which Eggman Nega was piloting the Egg Salamander and fighting her. Not that it really matters, since it would scale to both of them anyway. What matters is whether or not this "black hole" fits within the regulations we have placed on those kinds of feats. It certainly does not seem to be shaped like a black hole, as it stretches across the screen, and seems more like a rip or bend in space-time, but then again, that is essentially what a black hole is. I'm admittedly not very well-versed on the physics behind gravity and black holes, so I'm not the one to settle this. If it isn't an actual black hole, Kirby can most likely BFR Sonic; if it is, he probably can't.

Lastly, I honestly doubt that the area where Dark Nebula was fought in Squeak Squad was actually a black hole, and even if it was, claiming he has Large Star level durability simply from that is as ridiculous as claiming everyone and their mother has resistance to heat and fire because they can walk through volcanoes.

Yeah, I see why the whole black hole thing should be ignored.

Also, The example that I have shown was in fact not Kirby cracking the planet in half. The feat that I gave showed him completely destroying the planet. Does that count as planet level?

I've never seen that before. Where did that come from?

And yes, that would count as Planet level, considering he outright destroyed the planet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back