• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.

WeeklyBattles

VS Battles
Retired
Kirby
Scp 682 hard to destroy reptile by dewery2539-d7rb6qp

Since the original thread is rather outdated I figure its about time it was remade. We now know what 682 is capable of, can the Hard to Destroy Reptile beat the Pink Puffball now? In character, no prior knowledge or prep time. Who wins?

Kirby - 1

SCP-682 - 3

Inconclusive - 2

My vote goes to 682. His abilities and versitility give him the edge in this fight. Kirby can't physically harm has he can just adapt, and BFRing him will do nothing.

Unless of course, Kirby absorbs his powers, in which case, just like all the other adaptor fights (Doomsday, Ditto, etc.), inconclusive.

I vote Kirby with a BFR victory all accounts of 682 getting out of anything similar required something else to get him out at least to my knowledge.

Cumberjung said:
I vote Kirby with a BFR victory all accounts of 682 getting out of anything similar required something else to get him out at least to my knowledge.
682 returned from being traded into a pocket dimension on his own and from an alternate universe on his ow

Nah, he didn't come back from the AU on his own. The traded away thing is more vague about it.

Saikou The Lewd King said:
Nah, he didn't come back from the AU on his own. The traded away thing is more vague about it.
? Yes he did, both versions of 682 went back to their respective universes on their own

They did? The story on 682's page simply stated that the teleport guy teleported back another SCP. I don't remember it being any follow up to it.

Yeah, the alternate universe teleported over their version of 682, which looked noticably different, but it went back to its original universe with he original 682 returning as well as every experiment performed after it was done on the original 682.

While 682 does indeed have crazy resistances, it's still pretty overhyped. Being resistant to a lot of stuff means naught if you can't hurt your opponent for crap, and that's something people seem to forget. No amount of reactive evolution is going to put 682 on even similar levels of speed or AP. However, I'm not going to downplay the reptile, because there's no earthly way for Kirby to put it down unless we treat Hypernova like a real black hole, which we don't.

682 adapted to a real black hole, so Kirby's not doing anything to it even with Hypernova.

@Weekly nothing states that 682 came back on its own. The Experiment log ends with the note from the other universe...

Huh. 682 is basically Zeed then. No one wins. 682 can't to crap to Kirby. Kirby can't put down Zeed.

However, is 682 immune to possession or being turned into a bubble and popped?

No, 682 is solar offesnivelt and Kirby is multisolar defensively. It's just a matter of Kirby eventually running out after an extremely long fight.

False. 682 is building with the ability to POTENTIALLY absorb solar system items. Even then, the gap between SS and MSS is 1.4 trillion. Not to mention the speed gap. Superhuman vs in the hundred quintillion's.

@Cal yeah, they tried to possess 682 and 682 reflected the possession back on the possesser

Also, 682 has adapted to being thrown around at FTL speeds iirc. He was placed into a container that breaks physics and survived as nothing more than 1% of his original from.

I'm don't know much about 682, but, going by his article, he seems to have a broken Regenerationn and adaptation, but he's "potentially 4-B" is not beating Kirby's "At least 4-A", unless he uses the "universal constant" thing, but he would apparently need to die, which is not happening, so, I think it would be inconclusive.

Just a heads up he has the potential to become stronger by absorbing stronger powers

Well even if 682 killed Kirby witch I find unlikely he still has the whole undead immortality thing. And I'm still not sure about him going through dimensions on his own it seems a bit questionable at the very least so my vote stays the same until that aspect is completely cleared up.

I vote for 682. Kirby sure in hell can defeat him in physical strength and can technically eat him, but 682 won't die to any amount of physical damage and can travel between dimensions in case it get's stuck. Hell 682 was reduced to subatomic level and he regenerated. It was also stated that 682 cannot be killed without severely and permanently harming the universe in the progress the method on doing this however is still unknown. Also it should be noted that any attempts to study or benefit from 682 have lead to immeasurable damage to the testing areas. If kirby would try to use 682's power he might end up dying himself. 682 also has the ability to adapt to practically anything or even learn other abilities.

682's current useful abilities against kirby include, but are not limited to:

1. Dying and Resurrecting at will

2. Resisted being absorbed by SCP-1237 and instead took control over it

3. Has mind-control ability from SCP-061

4. Duplication when torn into pieces

5. Can absorb other beings often benefitting from them itself.

7. Stated by SCP-738 who can do practically anything for a price that SCP-682 cannot be killed without seriously harming or destroying the universe

8. SCP-343 aka God refused to kill him

9. Survived rapid chances in laws of physics when exposed to SCP-536

10. Can create illusions of itself with the ability of SCP-513

11. Can produce waves that make anything laugh with the ability of SCP-999

12. Returned after being sent to another dimension by SCP-503

Kirby has void manipulation, so he could kill scp-682, but then it would trigger the destruction of the universe and kirby would die too, so it's a tie

This is probably inconclusive since neither character can really kill the other. Their resistances match up very evenly. The only real possible way this could "end" is by BFR. In SCP-682's page, it says that he always comes back from BFR, but it ususally takes time. The only real number I see is that it took him "a few years" to come back from The Ravelwoods.

Since we consider BFR of 1 month to be a "win", is Kirby's pocket stomach demension at least 3% as difficult to escape as the Ravelwoods are (assuming "a few" meant 3 years)?

I can't really find info on how hard it is to escape Kirby's pocket stomach dimension, but it seems reasonable that Kirby could keep SCP-682 in his stomach for a month before he actually escapes.

If anyone has info on the timing of these two events, it would help me reach a diffinitvfe conclusion:

• Was able to return to the Foundation after being "traded" into SCP-702's pocket dimension
  • Was able to return to the Foundation after being taken into an alternate universe by SCP-507
Without any extra evidence, my vote goes to Kirby, though would swing to inconclusive if the above feats are shown to be under 1 months time and comparable to escaping Kirby.

@Overlord How would that kill 682?

@Bardi The only reason it took 682 that long to escape is because the Ravelwoods is a higher dimensional plane that nullifies almost any powers that would allow one to escape it, with the only known method of escape being through a Way or through the Library, both of which 682 is barred from using.

SCP-682 has no resistence to void manipulation and he has only low-godly regen, you need at least Mid-Godly regen to regenerate from void manipulation

Where is it stated that theyre deleted? From what I recall Hypernova is just an extremely more powerful version of Inhale that can be used to reflect attacks. If it can actually erase enemies then someone should probably make a CRT and get it added to Kirby's profile...

The it should probably be listed as Void Manipulation, although tbh that really sounds more like game mechanics...

I think this is inconclusive because SCP cant kill Kirby and if Kirby kills SCP with void manipulation universe erasure will kill Kirby too,wait,Kirby can travel between dimensions?Kirby with help of the lor starcutter escaped from that universe destroying wave so It Kirby can escape from the universe for his own Kirby would win.

But we cant clarify that for now so i vote inconclusive.

I'd vote inconclusive. I don't think 682 would resist the first attempt at absorption, and while I believe he'd come back, he'd now be fighting 682-Kirby. I doubt either has the full means to kill the other, without dying in the process.

Inconclusive. Sure, if Kirby had acess to any ability he pleased, and had Hyper Nova in his possession, he could instantly just inhale SCP-682 into his pocket dimension. But, erasing SCP-682 from the current universe Kirby is present in would result in the destruction of that entire universe. Even if Kirby had outside help, say from Magolor or the Lor Star cutter, and he could just travel out and beyond of that universe he's present in, it woulden't be possible, despite that there is no prep time.

This is my little gander, even with it being false, I still think this is inconclusive with agreeing with the upper choices above.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back