• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Kirby vs Mario

This is a bit tricky. Kirby outclasses Mario in almost every catagory except for a massive AP/dura disadvantage. I think Kirby's greater pool of hax should also give him a significant advantage. At the end of the day I would say Kirby takes this with high difficulty.

Yeah, Mario takes this. Remember, multi-galaxy level is a high-end Mario does indeed have due to fighting a grand star-powered bowser. Plus, speed? Should scale to Rosalina since Bowser was able to take her power source from her, which would give him reactions in the billions and a high-end of quadrillions of times faster than light.

The ship does not warp Mario anywhere at all. The map is am indication of him traveling to the many galaxies and planets throughout the game. Why the hell would there be a wheel if he couldn't even do much of a damn thing about it? To steer it. He gets the reactions and scaling. Period. The difference isn't too high to where I'd say Kirby could win.

By the way, universal durability Bowser is actually a thing. Prima guidebook says that Bowser was shaken after narrowly escaping a horrible fate after the universe was reset, and this is seen in galaxy's ending, where he stumbles back, clearly effected by the events that just took place. And Rosalina did not protect him from anything, so don't go saying that because the guidebook specifically only states Mario (and luigi, by definition) and Peach were protected.

ArbitraryNumbers said:
I was never trying to say that Mario Galaxy didn't have actual galaxies. I was just saying that the levels they refer to are just called Galaxies. I can accept that the ones in the background like in world 5 are legitimate galaxies as opposed to the levels, who are simply smaller collections of planetoids.
We're using this excuse? Artists' intent. Ever heard of it? Many other verses get this scaling when said galaxies, planets, or whatever are clesrly not to scale. How could they be? That's impossible. You may as well just argue that a good amount of feats we give characters are inflated due to not being of accurate size.

I immediately have issues with your comment, Arbitrary.

"Dark Mind was severely wounded and Landia was split up into four mini-dragons." My issue: Ahhh... You know, you jumped my case earlier about using feats not in Mario's profile. To be specific, I brought up Dreamy Bowser, Culex and Chakron. Now, I searched Kirby's profile for explanations on feats you were bringing up, and all I found about Kirby scaling to anyone was Dark Nebula, Claycia, Marx, Nova, Lor Starcutter and Dark Matter. Nothing about Dark Mind or Landis. So, really, you shouldn't have jumped my case when you did something similar here. Regardless, that's not important. Back to debating! Also, Kirby is NOT Multi-Solar System Level+. That plus is important when debating and can make a difference.

Also, what Fox said. Bowser survived it, and Mario has kicked Bowser's ass 200+ times at our current date. Also, Galaxy Mario does have another Universe Level feat. Super Mario Galaxy 2, aaaaaaaaaand, Explanation Time!

So, in Galaxy 2, Mario defeats Bowser. No surprise there, but, you know the Black Hole taking up World 7? Well, Bowser created it. The reason being is at the end of the game and after Bowser's first phase, Bowser roars and creates a Black Hole.

But, not just any black hole, THE black hole on the world selection screen. Here's the scene, for reference. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=1BvKt4pRWmE

As you can see, Bowser roars and created a black hole. After defeat, he falls into it and it blows up, and suddenly, that world no longer has the black hole there.

Next, how is it Universe level? Easy to explain. Please look at the world selection screen. Now, look at them. Notice how they progressively get bigger? From planet, to solar system, etc. And World 6 has countless galaxies in the background.

So, think of the pattern they follow. World 6 has countless galaxies, so World 7, the world being consumed by Bowser's black hole is even bigger. So, Galaxy Mario is Multi-Galaxy Level to Universe Level in both games, effectively dwarfing Kirby. And Fox showed Mario actually does get the MFTL+ reaction speed, so, it all comes back to before. Kirby can fly circles around Mario all he wants. But once Mario lands the hit, it's over. I still say Mario wins with low-mid difficulty solely cause he has to work hard to actually hit Kirby.

The issue here isn't that you're bringing up feats that aren't mentioned in the profiles. That's okay with me. But the issue here is that you're bringin up feats that depict Mario on a completely different level. Bowser's Universal black hole feat was well accounted for in his profile, but Mario and Co. do not scale to it, so I'm assuming that there's some sort of reason as to why. If you want Mario upgraded to Universe Level, you're gonna have to go on the forum and mention the feats there and see if the admins approve. Much like how Kirby isn't Universal for defeating Magolor either, even though I do disagree with it being considered an outlier here.

Also, by the way, Kirby is scaled directly to the Lor Starcutter, whom Landia scales to. And Dark Mind scales UP to Kirby in speed.

You got me on the MSS+ thing though. 4-A is a broad tier, so I tend to get things mixed up. It's not Multi Solar System Level+, but it's at least Mid-end Multi Solar System Level, which is still essentially significant portions of a galaxy. Kirby obviously cannot take a hit, nor can he finish it with a single blow, but he certainly has the speed and hax to pull it off with some persistance, as he has poison/acid manipulation, Minor Time manipulation (Can freeze opponents in time with the time beam), Extrasensory Perception, Possession, and Transmutation.

Back