• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Kirby revisions [Spoilers]

Status
Not open for further replies.
We're talking about lighting up a galaxy here.

But yes you're right. Even Fastsword88, the guy who got Kirby upgraded to 4-A, said that even the light generated by Dark Nebula's flash would be 4-A.

Cal, exact details of that luminosity feat, stat. Tell us everything about it, trivial details, links, the works. I found something most intriguing but I need details.

@GKS

We need to know the magnitude of the light. Making the universe as bright as a lightbulb is not equivalent to making the universe as bright as a sun. Things get trickier here since we're trying to figure out how much light Dark Mind snuffed out.

If we are to be thorough, let's take a closer look at that luminosity feat that's been mentioned. No one wants to conclude this thread only to find out soon after that we missed something. I understand that Dark Mind covered the Mirror World in darkness, yes? That feat has been dismissed as 3-A even though we have 3-A Thanatos (Disney) and other similar feats, but that's aside the point. If we can determine just how much light was snuffed out by Dark Mind, we could get Tier 3 results. I would like this matter to be explored because I found a calculation that states that maintaining the light of a universe with luminosity akin to that of a star wields 3-B results. Here is the link.

Now, I'm no mathematician, so perhaps I misunderstand some principle at work here. Maybe the circumstances of that calc are inapplicable here. But I think it would be best to deal resolve this matter here if for no other reason than to avoid someone bringing it up in a less reasonable matter later. I apologize in advance if what I have brought up is no good to anyone.

Edited my last post.

Cal, didn't you or someone else say that Dark Mind covered a substantal area with darkness, snuffing out the light of the stars and whatnot? I didn't infer this from something unrelated, did I? Please be specific.

Alright, if others agree that there is something to be found in this venue of investigation, then our next step is to determine what assumptions would be safe to make here. Some factors include:

• How much light was extinguished in terms of area in the universe
  • The sum total of the energy of the luminosity snuffed
  • To what extent said light was snuffed
Let's make sure we're all on the same page in agreeing there's something worth pursuing here, first. I think I may have done all I can, for now, though. Mathematics is not my forte, and I have to log off for today, anyway. Good luck, all! I hope I was useful.

It seems clear DM is the one darkening these areas, which can be calced, but I don't believe it will be higher than Kirby already is. It could be good as further support, though.

Which link did you click? Mine or Freeman's? You don't have to skip anything for Freeman's. And I don't see him doing that darkness thing at all there.

It's not a nebula, as there's dozens of nebulae not only in Candy Constellaton, but whenever Kirby does one of the Warpstar minigames, and when Dark Mind is fleeing from Kirby and they look absolutely nothing like that.

"It's not a nebula"

Why? Because you don't think it is? Or is there something saying that it isn't? Or maybe much more clear images? Because if you're just showing me the worst possible image and expecting me to believe it, that's not the best way to go about it.

No my friend, because the nebulae here, here, and here all look like each other despite being totally different areas, and yet they look absolutely nothing like the galaxy I showed you.

You are assuming that because several nebulae look alike, they all look alike. That is not evidence. Especially considering how drastically different many look in real life. If there is a more clear picture of the background in Candy Constellation that clearly shows a galaxy, that would be excellent proof.

For once, I don't follow. Not because I don't understand your point, but because this isn't real life. The developers went out of their way to specify nebulae as the same, and even disregarding that, you even see the spiral "arms" or whatever they're called in the picture.

Again, sorry if I sounded unintentionally rude.

No, they didn't. That is completely your interpretation of things and is in no way stated.

That is a much more clear picture, since less of the object is obscured. I don't believe it is 100% a galaxy, primarily because if there are spiral arms, they are very poorly defined against the background, though I'd be much more willing to believe it.

Though like I said, obscuring an area containing a galaxy in darkness would not be higher than Kirby already is.

It can be inferred when not one, not two, but three different occurrences with nebulae in them show them looking the same. I don't find that a coincidence. But I digress.

It's to show how absolute Dark Mind's control is. The Mirror World that DM was in control of was a lot larger than we originally believed back when I brought this up months ago. He never darkened this area (at least not to my knowledge).

Actually, now that I think about it, didn't you decline this earlier only because we don't see anything beyond planetary? Now I'm showing galactic things at the very least.

Except, like with galaxies, there are multiple types of nebulae that look very different.

...but again, how? We never see him exhibit absolute control, and when I have asked, you have not shown me things that demonstrate this. If you want to upgrade Dark Mind and people that scale to him to very high-end Tier 3, we need something that shows that within the mirror dimension, not only is it entirely under his command, but that he can manipulate it all at once.

I don't believe I ever argued that DM is planetary. The majority of the exploration is done on the planet, but you do explore other places. However, nowhere does it show Dark Mind's corruption allows him simultaneous, absolute control over these places.

It seems like a case of "Writers Can't do Math Physics" to me.

The guy casually recreates past worlds while inside the Dimension Mirror, in which said worlds were created from it, makes at least a MSS sized area inside the Dimension Mirror while injured, and turned the Dimension Mirror into the Dark Mirror, where it was different completely on the inside and out. The Mirror then gets destroyed from the inside out when the Kirbys send him back and blow him up, and despite the Mirror being just a portal, and countless people have entered and exited it with no ill effects happening to anyone, it cracks just because his near death body re-entered, and his death takes the entire Mirror with him, releasing the energy we were talking about, which never happened when Dedede broke it.

The main problem is we cannot assume complete control unless we see it or it's stated. For instance, Cronus (Samurai Jack) technically had control over the fate of the universe, but only demonstrated "At least 4-A" levels of raw power, at a time. We do not just assume he is automatically astronomically higher.

The difference between the two is that Cronus can likely be written off as a hyperbole, and I believe I have a strong case for (I'm not cocky enough to say that I've proven) the Dark Mirror/Dimension Mirror being destroyed with King D-Mind.

The way his powers work can be written off as hyperbole?

Again, destroying the Dark Mirror is far easier than destroying the mirror dimension from inside of it, and you have no given any proof this has happened. If you have proof that Dark Mind completely destroyed the mirror dimension, then your case will be far stronger.

I am afraid that I think that Azathoth makes better sense here. Sorry.

I...need to get caught up with Samurai Jack...

I already told you (that sounded way ruder than intended and I'm sorry for that) that it was destroyed from the inside. It didn't begin to even crack until DM returned. Kirby didn't blow it up. No one attacked it. The Kirbys used TK to return DM to the Dark Mirror, which he corrupted so much that it's nowhere close to resembling the original (again, on the inside and out), and it completely collapses with him. Unlike Dedede, there's no physical impact.

@Ant. No worries. Azzy always makes the most sense. Which is why most of this debate is going to be spent trying to convince him

@Cal

It's an old episode, actually. Jack and the Swamp Monster.

You need to actually show anything remotely like this instead of just stating it. Especially since the mirror was present and is visibly shown to break.

Also going to note the ending explicitly states King D-Mind was sealed, so they didn't even kill him in the first place.

...huh. Just noticed that sealing thing. But regardless of sealing or not, the Dimension Mirror is no longer the Dimension Mirror due to Dark Mind's influence.

In all seriousness, what exactly can I show? The two mirrors side by side? The quote saying that Taranza could only see the shadows within, which is what corrupted him? I'm not sure what exactly I can prove to say that the Black Mirror is a shadow of the Dimension Mirror due to King D-Mind. I mean, I've tried to prove that even in AM, DM could screw with the Dimension Mirror and all previously encountered areas, including the fact that the void you fight him in can assume the terrain of past worlds simply because DM wants it that way.

You simply have to show footage or a statement that Dark Mind can manipulate the mirror world on a universal scale. That is quite literally the only thing you have to do.

Also, it's pretty clear that the Mirror was...mirroring what state DM was in. DM was cracking, so when DM started to crack, the Mirror did as well.

Ninja'd...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back