• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Kirby (Nintendo) VS Luke Skywalker (Legends)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Eficiente said:
If you don't comment, I will only add more and more things. If you do comment, I'm going to try an upgrade and the failure of that will fall just on me, isn't that fun?
Can we contact an admin?

That's not how mind manipulation works, if it only affected a single person, Kirby is screwed

Gargoyle One said:
Noahkaismith said:
I doubt Luke would lead with mind hax, while I know Kirby would lead with a powerful physical attack that would cripple or kill Luke.
He's willing to kill is he not? Then he will.
Also, what attack exactly? One Like can dodge?
Just because he's willing to kill doesn't mean he will lead with his most broken stuff. If that was the case, Kirby would stomp. They're still in character. Luke tends to lead with force throws and lightsaber strikes, while Kirby is often seen breaking out the big guns fairly early. Not only that, I don't think mind hax works on a ghost.

Luke wins, but to add something to Kirby let's not forget that he has telekinesis at the level of his AP.

I was already voting for Luke after mentioning who Kirby has no resistance to Mind Haxes and who his time stop it's useless. Later I suggest that Kirby's AP and dura are inferior.

@Eficiente how is Kirby's durability inferior? He survived an energy blast from Dark Nebula that nearly destroyed the entire Galaxy,while Luke only survived a simple Force Lightning but can be killed by blasters if he doesn't reflect them!

Noahkaismith said:
Gargoyle One said:
Noahkaismith said:
I doubt Luke would lead with mind hax, while I know Kirby would lead with a powerful physical attack that would cripple or kill Luke.
He's willing to kill is he not? Then he will.
Also, what attack exactly? One Like can dodge?
Just because he's willing to kill doesn't mean he will lead with his most broken stuff. If that was the case, Kirby would stomp. They're still in character. Luke tends to lead with force throws and lightsaber strikes, while Kirby is often seen breaking out the big guns fairly early. Not only that, I don't think mind hax works on a ghost.
Uhh? Not really? He led with hind hax in the sixth movie and generally speaking in the EU, he will lead with it to avoid conflict.

Not many jedi will start with a light saber to kirbys face.

As for the second thing, kirby is not resistant to the hax on his profile so I am inclined to believe so.

Admitedly Kirby has way more hax, but he is missing out on the one resistance that matters.

Mind hax also take precendence in a fight imo over even time stop.

If kirbys reaction is to start with time stop and lukes is mind tricks, then it overrides the time stop and now kirby is in lukes hands.

I'd say they're roughly on par in AP/Dura. They both scale to feats that approach galaxy level.

Also, tell me where Kirby has opened up with the big guns right from the beginning? There's no indication that he even canonically starts his fights with specific abilities, and the fact that he's not using any abilities after finishing them seems to suggest that he did it without using them at all.

Luke's mind hax would allow him to avoid and predict anything Kirby could do that would harm him. It doesn't matter if Kirby opens up with the best of his hax.

ArbitraryNumbers said:
I'd say they're roughly on par in AP/Dura. They both scale to feats that approach galaxy level.

Also, tell me where Kirby has opened up with the big guns right from the beginning? There's no indication that he even canonically starts his fights with specific abilities, and the fact that he's not using any abilities after finishing them seems to suggest that he did it without using them at all.

Luke's mind hax would allow him to avoid and predict anything Kirby could do that would harm him. It doesn't matter if Kirby opens up with the best of his hax.
Lukes personality in EU tends to allow him to open up with mind hax to avoid conflict. With precognition + psychometry, when he walks up to Kirby, he is near certainly sure what to do and what not to do.

@everyone else voting for kirby, some counter points

Intangiblity isnt an answer to 'oh he is intangible, that must mean he can resist a mind trick!"

If Kirby has no resistances to mind hax in base, what makes you think him being Intangible is any difference?

"Kirby has time stop + hax'"

Okay, lets play this out

Kirby: 'Time St-' Luke: 'You will not use that ability.' Kirby: 'I will not use that ability.' Luke: 'You need to go home and rethink your life.' Kirby: 'I will go home and rethink my life'

Or in a more dark tone, he can just tell kirby to kill himself and he wins.

'Kirby has higher AP!'

Possibly, but it is at a point that does not matter. Both are near 3-C anyway that I doubt it matters.

'Luke never opens with hax'

Even if you discount EU, which you shouldnt. He opened up with it throughout the sixth movie, so this is not an argument. If anything, I have never seen Kirby use hax right away. He is still a 'child' for the most part.

'Luke mind trick is NLF'

Lukes mind tricks do have a limit, iirc he obviously could not mind trick Abeloth, but jedi in EU tend to use mind tricks even in battle.

I dont know the name of the ability, but it is basically a mind trick to influence emotions of jedi/Sith in battle.

Luke tried this to his father before he took him to the emperor. Vader successfully influenced Luke closer to the dark side via this ability.

Even before, Dooku did this successfully in the second and third films. It just so happens when he did this to Anakin, he went a little too close to the dark side and was overpowered because his Djem So is 'stronger' then Dooku's Makashi.

In short, it is very likely that Luke would open with mind hax and incapacitate Kirby in a few minutes at best.

And even if not, Fold Space and Force Barriers could make up with the deficit in power and hax Kirby has, as he can either dodge or tank it.

In short, Kirby has a chance, but it is not a big one. Saying hax or intangiblity is not a reason.

I will vote one last time with this long, detailed post for Luke with mid high diff via mind hax and telling kirby to go kill himself or just mind break him. I hope I convinced any naysayers. I think including my vote, that is five for luke and like, three for kirby.

Going with Luke skywalker via Kin's reasons, he sums up everything i would say, also Luke has shatterpoint which would allow him to figure out what Kirby's weaknesses are, combine that with his insane mind hax, Luke takes this

Shadowbokunohero said:
Going with Luke skywalker via Kin's reasons, he sums up everything i would say, also Luke has shatterpoint which would allow to figure out what Kirby's weaknesses are, combine that with his insane mind hax, Luke takes this
Forgot about shatterpoint.

Shatterpoint can incapicitate kirby as well.

Especially since despite being permeable and hard to damage, he still cant regenerate.

So it should count as a win.

also as for harming ghosts, Starkiller when he embraced the darkside and became the Sith Stalker he was able to kill Obi wan and then destroy his ghost form as-well shortly afterwards.. it wouldn't be farfetched to say luke could do the same.. considering Luke skywalker>Starkiller by a large amount.

ArbitraryNumbers said:

Here. Here. and Here. Oh, and since everyone is using precog as a reason Luke would win, I thought I would mention Kirby has precog as well.

Noahkaismith said:
ArbitraryNumbers said:

Here. Here. and Here. Oh, and since everyone is using precog as a reason Luke would win, I thought I would mention Kirby has precog as well.
No one only said precog, you did.

We just know that luke is a master of analyzing the surroundings due to precog, psychometry etc

Kirby doesnt have that. He has precog, but likely not to the level of luke and he has no pscyhometry.

Due to the force, he can size up kirby and just start with a mind hax.

Voting Luke for Kin's reasons.

Edit: Oh, and the ability you're talking about from Dooku and Vader is Dun Moch. It is extremely potent and effective when done well, as Meetra Surik defeated the inmortal Darth Sion with it.

Noahkaismith said:
Kirby only "opened up" with those because he already had them beforehand. It doesn't justify him automatically opening up with his most powerful hax.

^ Three times at best compared to the dozens of times Luke opens up with his hax probably shows who is more likely to open with their abilities.

Even if Kirby's new haxes were accepted, which include better resurrection, Luke would still win. Maybe this is a stomp.

Since the op abandoned this thread lul i will do the counting out of nothing better to do.

Luke: KinkiestSins, GargoyleOne,TeenAngel101,LephyrTheRevanchist,Shadowbokunohero, Eficiente, TheRealCalhoward? Arbitirary Numbers?? (The last two I dont think voted for luke conclusively, but their arguments favor him), TheWrightWay

Kirby: Noahkaismith, Zero264

I might miss a few, but I think this thread is over.

We already have 7 votes.

You mean the one where everyone agreed Luke mind haxes Godzilla and calls it a day.

IMG 0569
You read the thread didn't you?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back