• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Kirby (Nintendo) VS Luke Skywalker (Legends)

Status
Not open for further replies.
KinkiestSins said:
The real cal howard said:
Er...don't think that's how Force Precog works, bud. According to Wookiepedia, it tells you you're in danger. Not how, or how to solve it. It's not SNI.

Also, it's very situational and rare.
And this is why I wanted that revision.
I have to agree. Besides a minor few, Precog tends to work in instances and seconds. Not so much how, just what will happen. There is examples of Jedi Meditation and seeing days into the future, but that is with prep time. Combat precognition is star wars isnt that great tbh.

As for possession. It isnt mind control, it never was. And kirby is not resistant to that. Theoritically, Luke could 'suggest' to kirby to kill himself and he could.

Hmm. Inconclusive FOR NOW. Until someone can provide me evidence of kirby resisting mind hax, we have to make the assumption that he cannot. And if bloodlusted, one mind control hax => the many, many other hax kirby has.
Does Forcefield Creation work against it?

@ZeroTwo64 He just has minor toon force, it's also there to keep people from noticing his Lobo levels of inconsistency.

@KinkiestSins Here?

Eficiente said:
@ZeroTwo64 He just has minor toon force, it's also there to keep people from noticing his Lobo levels of inconsistency.
@KinkiestSins Here?
Even if it isn't on a great level,Luke has no resistance to it!And forcefields protect Kirby from Mind Control!

Even if it isn't on a great level,Luke has no resistance to it!And forcefields protect Kirby from Mind Control!

It isn't even combat applicable and Kirby's resistance isn't good enough to beat Luke's Mind hax

@ZeroTwo Literally every Jedi in the legends continuity can create forcefields and that has never stopped them from reading each other's mind. What does stop them is the fact that Jedi and Sith are trained to resist mind hax and even that only works so well as Luke himself was unable to stop Vader from reading his mind during ROTJ (although this was long before Luke was 4-a.) Also Toon Force still does nothing to stop mind hax.

The Wright Way said:
@ZeroTwo Literally every Jedi in the legends continuity can create forcefields and that has never stopped them from reading each other's mind. What does stop them is the fact that Jedi and Sith are trained to resist mind hax and even that only works so well as Luke himself was unable to stop Vader from reading his mind during ROTJ (although this was long before Luke was 4-a.) Also Toon Force still does nothing to stop mind hax.
Kirby's Forcefields are stronger than Jedi's ones!They lasted against Magolor's attacks!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v8cVbu6n7kc

Kirby's Forcefields are stronger than Jedi's ones!They lasted against Magolor's attacks!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v8cVbu6n7kc

Kirby's fight with Magolor is considered an outlier and even then forcefields don't protect the mind. And even then Luke's force fields are at least as good as Kirby's as Luke had no problem uding them against enemies of his own power level (darth sideous and abeloth if I remember correctly). Honestly I think your just being biased towards Kirby.

Didn't Magolor control all the Doomers in Another Dimension without possession?

Hey Cal, I think Nightmare, Taranza, Yin-Yarn and Magolor should have mental powers, what do you think?

Eficiente said:
Hey Cal, I think Nightmare, Taranza, Yin-Yarn and Magolor should have mental powers, what do you think?
Taranza and Yin-Yarn I agree with, don't know enough about nightmare to say and you'll have to show your sources for Magolor. Anyway we're getting off topic.

I never thought I would see the day where a giant pink blob with the most broken hax and resistances maybe lose cuz he cant stop someone from messing around from inside his head.

Kirby has no resistance to mind hax.

At first, I thought he would win since he just has so much more hax.

But he is ironically missing out on the one resistance that matters in this fight.

He can mind break kirby.

And Luke does start of with his force abilities like shatter point, mind tricks etc.

Did you just qualified Kirby as "giant"? I'm legitimately confused.

In character, Kirby, due to the fact that iirc, Luke doesn't like to mindhax like that (he's not Sidious). Bloodlust, Luke handily via mindhax.
Read the novels with Darth Caedus. This Luke doesn't screw around. The Jedi from Luke's praxeum all abuse mindhax and illusions like crazy.

I doubt Luke would lead with mind hax, while I know Kirby would lead with a powerful physical attack that would cripple or kill Luke.

Noahkaismith said:
I doubt Luke would lead with mind hax, while I know Kirby would lead with a powerful physical attack that would cripple or kill Luke.
He's willing to kill is he not? Then he will.

Also, what attack exactly? One Like can dodge?

Kirby's current AP and dura are probably lower than those of Luke, so Kirby doesn't even have those advantages insured.

The Wright Way said:
Eficiente said:
Taranza and Yin-Yarn I agree with, don't know enough about nightmare to say and you'll have to show your sources for Magolor. Anyway we're getting off topic.
Nightmare controlled Knucle Joe's father mind! So he has mind control
[[1]] from minute 14:39 to 14:56

ZeroTwo64 said:
And Nightmare didn't use this power against Kirby,so he has resistance to Mind Control!
Now how good is that in comparison to Luke's mind hax? You do realize he's stronger then people who can mind control 10 million people?

Gargoyle One said:
ZeroTwo64 said:
And Nightmare didn't use this power against Kirby,so he has resistance to Mind Control!
Now how good is that in comparison to Luke's mind hax? You do realize he's stronger then people who can mind control 10 million people?
They are weaker than Knuckle Joe's father and this is the proof that Kirby has resistance to mind hax

Remove my vote from Kirby. But, one question. Luke gets Kirby to kill himself. Kirby is now a ghost. Can Luke mindhax a ghost?

Remove my vote from Kirby. But, one question. Luke gets Kirby to kill himself. Kirby is now a ghost. Can Luke mindhax a ghost?
Should be able to, mind hax bypasses non corporeal

ZeroTwo64 said:
Gargoyle One said:
ZeroTwo64 said:
They are weaker than Knuckle Joe's father and this is the proof that Kirby has resistance to mind hax
Entirely irrelevant

ZeroTwo64 said:
This is another proof of Nightmare's mind hax [[1]]
from 3:41 to 3:50
Again irrelevant, if his resistance isn't high enough to beat Luke's mind control it's useless.

Nothing you've shown proves that.

Gargoyle One said:
ZeroTwo64 said:
Again irrelevant, if his resistance isn't high enough to beat Luke's mind control it's useless.
Have you got any proof that Luke's mind hax is stronger than Nightmare's one?

ZeroTwo64 said:
Gargoyle One said:
ZeroTwo64 said:
10 million people on a galactic level scale.

Should be able to, mind hax bypasses non corporeal

Firstly, you spelled corporeal wrong, so I fixed it ovo.

Secondly, ehhh... Not 100% the case. In fact, is normally argue otherwise. Just that given that Force Ghosts are a thing in Star Wars, it might be a possibility, or even a probability.

Gargoyle One said:
ZeroTwo64 said:
Gargoyle One said:
ZeroTwo64 said:
10 million people on a galactic level scale.
Nightmare controlled a Star Warrior and a Multi-Solar System being that are stronger than 10 million people

Yo Cal you can add Resistance to Mind Manipulation to Anime Kirby and Games Kirby by extension? Also, are you planning to leave a comment on my Kirby thread one of these days?

If you don't comment, I will only add more and more things. If you do comment, I'm going to try an upgrade and the failure of that will fall just on me, isn't that fun?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back