• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Kirby Cosmology Upgrade Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Off topic but Forgotten Land clearly has Another Dimension portals appear, I wonder if this game'll increase the cosmology anymore or at least expand on Another Dimension more.

Jesus Christ, why isn't this accepted already?

Hell, none of the 4 people disagreeing are even mods! And we have 29 agrees!

I'm gonna close this. The very few people one needs to talk to to change the tiering and its FQA are busy on another thread, then they need to go back to work on an older thread I made that they somewhat ignored & isn't priority right now, and then we would need to evaluate if there is some other bs that can be misinterpreted from that in the tiering page. I decide as a staff that to upgrade this 1 franchise before all that it's chaotic and builds into an issue we evidently have other people are working on.

I unlocked this as the changes to the tiering's FQA were made. I don't think I need to say anything here so I'm gonna unfollow the thread.

Someone correct me if I'm missing something. Was the entire FAQ correction thread only about how our standards should treat "transcending space and time" statements? Was no other change made to the FAQ outside of that?

Just checking, and the agree to disagree to neutral ratio is 29 agree, 4 disagree, and 9 neutral.

Do we just need mod approval or?

Just checking, and the agree to disagree to neutral ratio is 29 agree, 4 disagree, and 9 neutral.

Do we just need mod approval or?
Yes. Nothing changed. I don't know why Effi even unlocked the thread because the FAQ revision still does nothing against the main argument of the upgrade. In any case, Ultima said he would comment. Hope it's true this time

Yes. Nothing changed. I don't know why Effi even unlocked the thread because the FAQ revision still does nothing against the main argument of the upgrade. In any case, Ultima said he would comment. Hope it's true this time
Something changed, they added the meaning of Qualitative superiority

Hm. Been a fair while.

Nevertheless: Reading through all of this, I see some people seem to be under the idea that the new addition to the FAQ page debunks the proposals on this thread, which, as far as I see, it doesn't. If you are superior in nature to a spacetime continuum, rather than simply being outside of it, then you, for all intents and purposes, do qualify for Low 1-C.

To be exact, this is because a spacetime continuum is, as a default, assumed to be infinite (Its 4-dimensional volume is infinite, that is to say. Finite spacetimes aren't really the assumption in modern physics, and you'll often find them in hypotheses discredited as unlikely, like the Big Crunch), and when a space is infinite, you are either smaller than it, the same size as it (Note that this can still be the case even if you contain said space as a subset of yourself), or uncountably larger than it (In case you are, in fact, bigger). So, if some notion of superiority is expressed in the text, the third option is all you can default to, unless spacetime is explicitly finite here, or something.

So, as I see it, trying to argue against this upgrade ought to be less "I accept the evidence, but think it doesn't qualify for Low 1-C anyway" and more "The evidence is not valid," if anything, because accepting the evidence as sound is just tantamount to conceding. Of course, I've no idea of whether or not the evidence does, in fact, do that, and nor I am interested in discussing it, so, I'd rather leave that to whoever is knowledgeable in Kirby.

Last edited:
Since you agree with my premise, but are unsure of if it qualifies given your lack of knowledge on potentially missing verse-specific context, would it be fair to count you in for agreement at least for the moment being? I can tell you that I didn't leave out any important context in my blog (Kirby related or otherwise), but you don't have to take my word for it. None of the criticism I've recieved in BOTH of my blogs over these last two years have been about a lack of context.

Since there seems to be no real opposing reasons to legitimately object to the OP, I see no reason for this to not be accepted

Low 1-C is getting a no from me. Analyzing these statements in the proper context, nothing here implies Another Dimension as anything above being a parallel universe. Being beyond space-time here just means that it isn’t contained within Kirby’s universe, by the nature of it having its own space-time. The aforementioned extra-dimensional road that Another Dimension has indicates it acts as a hub that allows for travel to other dimensions rather than showing qualitative superiority and containing them within.

Low 1-C is getting a no from me. Analyzing these statements in the proper context, nothing here implies Another Dimension as anything above being a parallel universe. Being beyond space-time here just means that it isn’t contained within Kirby’s universe, by the nature of it having its own space-time. The aforementioned extra-dimensional road that Another Dimension has indicates it acts as a hub that allows for travel to other dimensions rather than showing qualitative superiority and containing them within.
i like how Pepto has worked his ass off trying to prove that the BEYOND is actual SUPERIORITY and not just being outside of it and yet you just come in, no evidence or anything in hand and say "well i don't think its that"

THANK YOU!
I'm done counting votes that rely on a straw-man fallacy. To any new reader here, please read the blog or at the absolute very least the OP before commenting. I don't think I'm asking for much...

i like how Pepto has worked his ass off trying to prove that the BEYOND is actual SUPERIORITY and not just being outside of it and yet you just come in, no evidence or anything in hand and say "well i don't think its that"
Working your ass off doesn’t make your work infallible. I’m not the one who needs to provide evidence, the burden is on Pepto to prove Low 1-C and the evidence he has given is insufficient.

Working your ass off doesn’t make your work infallible. I’m not the one who needs to provide evidence, the burden is on Pepto to prove Low 1-C and the evidence he has given is insufficient.
he has given the evidence and your rebuttal of that evidence is insufficient. You didn't expand on your point at all while Pepto has, not to mention he seems to have the support of Ultima as well. You are the one that needs to give evidence as to why this point is insufficient as otherwise there is no reason to reply to you

he has given the evidence and your rebuttal of that evidence is insufficient. You didn't expand on your point at all while Pepto has, not to mention he seems to have the support of Ultima as well. You are the one that needs to give evidence as to why this point is insufficient as otherwise there is no reason to reply to you
You’re clearly putting words in his mouth because Ultima did not agree at all. He said he’s rather leave the discussion to someone who is knowledgeable with Kirby.

You need staff approval, and not a single staff agrees with Low 1-C.
irrelevant to the point at hand, we'll talk to the staff once they comment. At the moment the problem at hand is that you have failed to refute a CRT and think that its enough to make us prove that you're wrong, despite the fact that there's nothing useful in your argument or anything that actually needs rebuttal.

You’re clearly putting words in his mouth because Ultima did not agree at all. He said he’s rather leave the discussion to someone who is knowledgeable with Kirby.
he has the support of Ultima in that the points in the evidence are sufficient, not that the revision is correct or that the evidence is correct in the kirbyverse. It's like a calc. A calc can be supported by a calc member but whether or not it is good to apply is up to the supporters and staff. Same here, Ultima confirms that the evidence is sufficient but whether its legit or not is up to the supporters knowledgeable in the field.

"I've presented all the evidence I need. Can this upgrade by applied now?"

"No. Your upgrade has been rejected by staff."

"Why is that?"

"Because not a single staff member agrees with it."

"The logic behind that being...?"

"Your arguments are insufficient."

"Why?"

"Because not a single staff member agrees with them."

"I've presented all the evidence I need. Can this upgrade by applied now?"

"No. Your upgrade has been rejected by staff."

"Why is that?"

"Because not a single staff member agrees with it."

"The logic behind that being...?"

"Your arguments are insufficient."

"Why?"

"Because not a single staff member agrees with them."
lithiumare-kiracord.gif

Also, yeah. Both Elizhaa and Ultima have voiced agreement with the basic premise I'm suggesting. They're mostly just unsure of whether or not it applies within the context of the verse and want to leave that up to those who are knowledgeable in it. I'll contact DontTalk later to see what he thinks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back