• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Kirby Cosmology Upgrade Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
but for real if this gets excepted (and kirby scales to it) it will probably be something like
high 6-A l 4-A likely 2-C possibly low 1-C l 3-C likely 2-C possibly low 1-C .

Last edited:
I don't like where the priorities are placed. Even if this was correct and that much to be applied (which is not), the thing to do isn't to roll with "some agree, some disagree" and apply it to a profile, but to change the wordings on standards we have to better clarify that's right and what's wrong from the point of view of anyone evaluating cases like this.

I don't like where the priorities are placed.
I already said multiple times that character tier discussions shouldn't even be a part of this thread, let alone a priority. It doesn't stop people from getting excited though, which unfortunately leads to minor derailment.
Even if this was correct and that much to be applied (which is not), the thing to do isn't to roll with "some agree, some disagree" and apply it to a profile, but to change the wordings on standards we have to better clarify that's right and what's wrong from the point of view of anyone evaluating cases like this.
I'm struggling to understand what you mean by that. Are you saying we need to change the FAQ standards again in order to shut down this upgrade? Because merely changing the wording isn't gonna do anything against the main argument.

Last edited:
I said IF this gets excepted
Even if the cosmology as a whole is Low 1-C, Magolor's feat could still just be 2-C for reasons that would take long to explain and would distract from the topic at hand. In other words, even if the cosmology revision is accepted, it doesn't automatically translate to a tier upgrade for the Kirby cast. It's possible that Forgotten Land changes that by bringing a cosmology breaking feat, but again, I digress (and that's wishful thinking).
Sorry about that btw
No worries. I just hope it's cleared up for everyone else.

Bump.
Might as well give a reminder as to what we're waiting for.
1: For Elizhaa to answer this
2: For Ulitima to catch up on the thread, especially the discussion between me and Effi that starts here
Big kudos to everyone who's still invested in the discussion btw.

Jesus Christ, this is not only slow and boring, but also incredibly undemocratic.

24-4, yet the 4 nays are winning.

Even the electoral college ain't this undemocratic.

No harm meant but that is a pretty childish complain if meant seriously. Do not compare this to electoral college and a democracy, the former is a joke and in the latter you have be over 18 years old to vote, but we can't limit ourselves to something like that or put standards on who agrees with anything, as we're a community first rather than some elite group of Vs debates facts that always gets better and can avoid making the same mistakes twice. Not act like robots and not always take as relevant numbers is the least we can do, not to mention how enough experience proves that leaving things up to votes leads to people abusing that, even blandly saying so while others turn a blind eye.

Jesus Christ, this is not only slow and boring, but also incredibly undemocratic.

24-4, yet the 4 nays are winning.
27-4, but it's not like it makes much of a difference lol
Even the electoral college ain't this undemocratic.
That's what you're bound to get yourself into when you release a CRT on this Wiki. I knew what to expect, so the problem isn't the "tyranny of the minority" as much as it is the fact that I'm honestly being pretty generous with the 4 disagreeing votes... They're either backed by outdated evidence or by stuff I already debunked and never got any refute against. Looking back, it seems only one of them even tries to challenge the main argument and that was Everything12 with his "kanjis and meaning are worthless" argument. It's very odd, so hopefully Eli and Ultima can bring some clarity.

I've come to slightly harm your argument today. I was meaning to say this for a while but i was a bit worried about my own thoughts and whether or now i was right but yeah, i am right, i haven't been learning japanese for nothing.

Your argument about the japanese words having a "ru" instead of a "ta" at the end is useless. Why? Simple, it's just the infinitive and the past-tense versions of the same exact word.
lemme give you an example.
Taberu is a word that means to eat.

食べる taberu - eat
食べた tabeta - ate

so overall it doesn't always mean to surpass, its just the past tense of a word.

I've come to slightly harm your argument today. I was meaning to say this for a while but i was a bit worried about my own thoughts and whether or now i was right but yeah, i am right, i haven't been learning japanese for nothing.

Your argument about the japanese words having a "ru" instead of a "ta" at the end is useless.
Lemmie stop you right there. That's not my argument. "ru" and "ta" are not the difference between the "越える" and "超える" forms of koeru. You can even see they end with the same katakana. The difference between the two is the kanji at the start. The one that leads with "越" translates to going beyond (outside of) something whereas the one that starts with "超" translates to being beyond (surpassing) it. You can look over my sources again if you feel the need.
Thanks for voicing your concerns regardless. I guess that's more constructive than a plain old "bump".

Lemmie stop you right there. That's not my argument. "ru" and "ta" are not the difference between the "越える" and "超える" forms of koeru. You can even see they end with the same katakana. The difference between the two is the kanji at the start. The one that leads with "越" translates to going beyond (outside of) something whereas the one that starts with "超" translates to being beyond (surpassing) it. You can look over my sources again if you feel the need.
Thanks for voicing your concerns regardless. I guess that's more constructive than a plain old "bump".
alright makes sense, sorry i am feeling like shiz as of late so i may not notice stuff that ain't obvious. Either way i shall stop arguing against your point

No worries man. You still have the right to argue against the upgrade in other ways that may make sense to you. That's your right to freedom of speech and I'd rather spend time debunking any remaining counterargument than I would by trying to convince staff members to give a damn about this old ass thread lol

No worries man. You still have the right to argue against the upgrade in other ways that may make sense to you. That's your right to freedom of speech and I'd rather spend time debunking any remaining counterargument than I would by trying to convince staff members to give a damn about this old ass thread lol
i still think it is low 1-C, though i feel like it may not be quite enough around these parts...idk, all i can do is wish you luck

Maybe it won't be. I'd like to see a good reason for it though. That's all I ask for and I swear I'm not even being snarky when I say that.

At this point, at best, I would say restart this thread as staff threads with a summary of the arguments for more inputs. Currently, there are not enough approvals for implementation.

At this point, at best, I would say restart this thread as staff threads with a summary of the arguments for more inputs. Currently, there are not enough approvals for implementation.
That's exactly why I was asking for yours. Of course, I'm not forcing you to approve, but if you still disagree, it's crucial that you give me a reason for it that I haven't already debunked. The last time I contacted you to take a look at the thread, this is all you left me with:
Did you see my response? If so, what else do you have as a counter-argument? Just let me know why you're still skeptical and I'll happily answer your questions.

I have no doupt it will. With all due respect, I don't trust you guys enough to give up the already small amount of power I have over this thread and place its fate in the hands of staff members who have continually neglected it and ignored my arguments. At this point, with this discussion being around half a year old in total, I don't care how quickly we reach a conclusion. I just want it to be the right one. If you really want this thread to go quicker, either refute my points or agree with the upgrade. If you need another summary of my arguments, I can provide it. If you have any questions, ask away.

I have no doupt it will. With all due respect, I don't trust you guys enough to give up the already small amount of power I have over this thread and place its fate in the hands of staff members who have continually neglected it and ignored my arguments. At this point, with this discussion being around half a year old in total, I don't care how quickly we reach a conclusion. I just want it to be the right one. If you really want this thread to go quicker, either refute my points or agree with the upgrade. If you need another summary of my arguments, I can provide it. If you have any questions, ask away.
What if the right conclusion isn't Low 1-C Kirby tho?

What if the right conclusion isn't Low 1-C Kirby tho?
There is no instance of a nation benefitting from prolonged warfare.
-
Sun tzu, The art of war

We're tired of this, we just wanna end it with people properly refuting Pepto or low 1-C cosmology getting accepted. It doesn't matter, what we need is just a conclusion. This thread was only ever truly replied to by Eficiente and Everything12 neither of whom have properly refuted Pepto's recent rebuttals

Also let's be honest here, the arguments within the current thread are barely 2 pages long with a good third of the pages being filled with bumps, im pretty sure that isn't a problem to read

There is no instance of a nation benefitting from prolonged warfare.
-
Sun tzu, The art of war

We're tired of this, we just wanna end it with people properly refuting Pepto or low 1-C cosmology getting accepted. It doesn't matter, what we need is just a conclusion. This thread was only ever truly replied to by Eficiente and Everything12 neither of whom have properly refuted Pepto's recent rebuttals
Ultima hasn't said much, but what he did say had substance. He deserves a mention too, and it's a real shame he seems to have ghosted me (and the thread as a whole). Lol

Last edited:
This thread was only ever truly replied to by Eficiente and Everything12 neither of whom have properly refuted Pepto's recent rebuttals
I do regret having taken time in the thread over something that should purely be rules saying what not to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back