• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Kirby characters upgrades

Status
Not open for further replies.
One more thing. Supernova can be used multiple times, IIRC. It would destroy our SS multiple times in succession, which is impossible. And the whole animation in itself was for international only.

Its animation in the original Japanese version was short and it didn't deal fractional damage, instead dealing damage in the ~2000 range. The animation was greatly extended in the world-wide release, and the attack's properties were changed. The original Super Nova animation showed three bodies slowly encompassed in bubbles of white light, which completely disappear after the light fades. The extended Super Nova animation is the longest in the game, showing the destruction of most of the planets (Saturn, despite losing it rings is spared from destruction, as well as Uranus, Neptune and Mars) in the solar system by use of a comet that originated from outside the Milky Way.

The real cal howard said:
One more thing. Supernova can be used multiple times, IIRC. It would destroy our SS multiple times in succession, which is impossible. And the whole animation in itself was for international only.
Its animation in the original Japanese version was short and it didn't deal fractional damage, instead dealing damage in the ~2000 range. The animation was greatly extended in the world-wide release, and the attack's properties were changed. The original Super Nova animation showed three bodies slowly encompassed in bubbles of white light, which completely disappear after the light fades. The extended Super Nova animation is the longest in the game, showing the destruction of most of the planets (Saturn, despite losing it rings is spared from destruction, as well as Uranus, Neptune and Mars) in the solar system by use of a comet that originated from outside the Milky Way.
  1. 1: The attack pulls the target into a seperate dimension. That's why it can be used multiple times.
  1. 2: Both versions are referenced in the official Ultimania.
  1. 3: The Japanese has a higher yield anyway.

Unclechairman said:
To back up Solar System level Cell here, the guidebooks that talk about the power of his Kamehameha do it from a third-person perspective (i.e., not "He said his Kamehameha could destroy the solar system", but "His Kamehameha had enough power to destroy the solar system"). And Alf-Layla-Wa-Layla had possession of the World Rings, which hold the entire Arabian Nights universe together, and was a massive-scale reality warper.
Furthermore, that's an entirely different scenario. When I said Hypernova Kirby should be reevaluated, I did so based not on the fact that it was merely a statement, but the fact that it probably doesn't fit our standards for what constitutes a real black hole, which are hammered down in that article I linked you to. The fact that it is based entirely on an expostion statement and apparently is only compared to a black hole in localized versions is merely another nail in the coffin.
I read that, and there was nothing I could say. the only thing I possibly could've said was that it was stronger than base and that Hyper Sonic got an upgrade to star for being stronger than Super.

The Everlasting said:
The real cal howard said:
  1. 1: The attack pulls the target into a seperate dimension. That's why it can be used multiple times.
  1. 2: Both versions are referenced in the official Ultimania.
  1. 3: The Japanese has a higher yield anyway.
1.1: That just made that attack cooler in my eyes

1.2: Fair enough

1.3: I have no idea what that is. I'll look it up.

@Unclechairman : One thing I need to point out about your comment when you mention the "monster of the week trope". You said that Kirby goes from beating cosmic foes to struggling with planetary ones. I disagree. We rarely even see Kirby struggling in anything. His most frequent showings are that we usually see him in the cutscene after a fight completely fine with no scratch and no sign of being tired. That, and Kirby appears to get stronger with every generation, and so does the final bosses. Scaling him to Claycia and Dark Crafter should be fine. We already considered Magolor an outlier, overlooking every other good Kirby feat would simply be an unfair decision against the character.

Also, on another note, if I understand well, Sonic's victory against ALWL wasn't considered an outlier because Sonic had to go Dark Spine right ? Well, same goes for Kirby : You can't beat Magolor in base. You're forced to use the Ultra Sword (a new and special ability for that game) to destroy his maximazed shields and deal the finishing blow. What about that ?

"One thing I need to point out about your comment when you mention the "monster of the week trope". You said that Kirby goes from beating cosmic foes to struggling with planetary ones. I disagree. We rarely even see Kirby struggling in anything. His most frequent showings are that we usually see him in the cutscene after a fight completely fine with no scratch and no sign of being tired."

I was merely using a rhetorical example (albeit mostly informed by the Sonic series). Also, the fact that there is never any explanation for why Kirby is always able to defeat opponents of radically different showings with the same level of difficulty is also a cause of concern for scaling him to everyone he fights.

"Also, on another note, if I understand well, Sonic's victory against ALWL wasn't considered an outlier because Sonic had to go Dark Spine right ? Well, same goes for Kirby : You can't beat Magolor in base. You're forced to use the Ultra Sword (a new and special ability for that game) to destroy his maximazed shields and deal the finishing blow. What about that ?"

Two words: Magolor Soul.

Magolor Soul is not Universal, at best it's Multi-Galaxy, it was flipping its own dimension, and unless otherwise stated or shown, the aesthetics are not galaxies. There was nothing to point to them being such even when the dimension started to break apart, all it was, was empty space.

@Unclechairman : Well, like I said, the fact that he beats all of his opponents with the same level of difficulty (easily) is actually consistent, it's just that he has yet to face a foe close to his own power.

And on another other note, doesn't Kirby have a universe inside of him ? Wouldn't it be more logical for his durability and power range to be just as high ?

Doesn't matter though. His victory against Claycia should safely assure him a higher stellar tier anyways.

@Fastsword the whole dimension inside of him thing is only for the anime and there's no proof it's the size of an entire universe.

@Xolon : It was accurately explained to be a separate limitless dimension or something like that if I recall well, in the anime, and in some dialogue with Magolor mid-game. Regardless, ignoring the anime is debatable.

When the word limitless is used in fiction it's either hyperbolic or an NLF. Regardless it being used alone isn't enough to indicate a dimension is the size of a universe. Kirby's stomach dimension from the anime seems more like a pocket dimension than anything else similar to the hyperbolic time chamber and thus not universe sized.

I think in the anime it was described to be a dimension akin to our universe, "limitless" was used in RtD. I don't really see how it could be a hyperbole in this case, but no matter, that's not what this thread's about.

Also, how does it take them seconds to cross the solar systems? How many are there anyways? Even I know that isn't done in seconds because I watched the gameplay. It takes about a minute at least, and that's being generous.

What Galaxy? The one that was debunked? Also, In Milky Way Wishes, how do we know NOVA travels that distance within a short timeframe? How do we know he was summoned at Galaxy's end? Looked like they were still in the Solar System to me.

This is an old topic, so I will close it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back