• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Kirby Characters Inorganic Physiology Type Check

DontTalkDT

A Fossil at This Point
VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Administrator
Bronze Supporter
It has come to my attention that Dark Matter and Plasma Wisp have Inorganic Physiology Type 2.
Especially for Plasma Wisp I have difficulty imagining how it would have a purely physical mind, though. I wonder if they wouldn't more accurately be classified as Type 1.

I don't really know the characters, though, so can someone tell me why they are Type 2 in particular?

Doesn't type 1 belong only to those characters who are literally objects?

Plasma Wisp and Dark Matter (as well as othet Void spawns) are just made of inorganic matter, without being tools or else.

Doesn't type 1 belong only to those characters who are literally objects?

Plasma Wisp and Dark Matter (as well as othet Void spawns) are just made of inorganic matter, without being tools or else.
No. Type 1 are inorganic beings that are alive by supernatural means. That includes especially one's whose mind is not a physical, but a supernatural thing.
Type 2 on the other hand is for those that have a purely physical mind, without a supernatural correspondence. E.g. for a robot its mind only exists in the form of electrical signals.

Both weren't given life by supernatural means, they're species (more notably so with Dark Matter), wouldn't that disqualify them as type 1? Or being a natural inorganic thing with life in-universe doesn't count? The page's a bit confusing but in the Users part it says that "beings fully composed of various types of non-organic matter" count, and that's what they are.

Why is having a purely physical mind a requirement?

Both weren't given life by supernatural means, they're species (more notably so with Dark Matter), wouldn't that disqualify them as type 1? Or being a natural inorganic thing with life in-universe doesn't count? The page's a bit confusing but in the Users part it says that "beings fully composed of various types of non-organic matter" count, and that's what they are.

Why is having a purely physical mind a requirement?
Type 2 is defined as "Robots, AI or other inorganic beings, that have no consciousness beyond what the physical functions of their bodies grants them."
You can't be type 2 with a non-physical mind.
I can see Type 1 being hard to understand and will revise that, but that you aren't type 2 with a non-physical mind should be pretty clear.

The part in the users section isn't a definition (definitions are never in the users section), but an explanation regarding the type of entity that this example covers.

Done. For the new wording, the Types maybe shouldn't have names, Type 1 shouldn't say that they were given life by supernatural means as that covers very specific characters, the only real priority should be not being an AI.

So is there anything left to do here?

Back