• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

King vs Oden

And King without the flames isn't a toothpick in regards to his durability.

His Base Form scales somewhere between Queen's durability and downscaling from Zoro's KoH, since he took 2 hits from it and kept going but was badly injured, while his Zoan form scales both above Beginning of King Fight Buso Zoro's Ap and his own Base with a sword.

But that won't even matter since, as mentioned above, Oden can't figure out his weakness.

And Enma cannot get through his flame-on durability.

And King has the range game for sure, and will blitz with Imperial Pride Stake.

And his explosions one-shot.

Wait, I don't remember, can Oden resist King's fire.
I don't think so, Kaido's Bolo Breath doesn't have any unique burning feats (it couldn't burn G4 Luffy while Kaido's Kaen Daiko burned Luffy + Haki), while King burned Zoro who has some decent heat resistance.

His Buso later blocked Hybrid Kaido's bolo breath with one hand.
Dragon Kaido Bolo Breath > Hybrid Kaido Bolo Breath, so that's irrelevant.

Also, Luffy's Haki got stronger so even if that was sound, it wouldn't scale to pre Hao Infusion Luffy.

Either way, I think King's magma scales above Oden's heat resistance.

Even without that, King wins for my above reasons

I believe you, but why?
Base Luffy no sold a hybrid bolo breath with one hand:
ZWttyS0.png

Full Zoan bolo breath badly damaged Gear 4th Luffy:
U5t2KzE.png

Heat isn't even the main reason why King wins.

He's too tough for Oden to hurt.

He's faster with amps.

Can one-shot with his explosion.

Has the range advantage.

Kaido and Big Mom = Zoro's combat speed and Marco = Base King < Zoan King << Flame-off Base King < Flame-Off Zoan King = Zoro's reactions < Imperial Pride Stake.
Zoro's combat speed is not equal to Big Mom and Kaidou. Kaidou dodged his One Sword Style Big Mom hit him with indra etc. Marco is faster than Base King as well. Zoan King was never stated nor shown to be faster than Base King.
So here is your scaling chain fixed:
Kaidou and Big Mom> Zoro's Combat Speed = Base King~Zoan King < Flame-off King = Zoro's reactions < IPS
Here is Oden's:
Zoro's Combat Speed<Kaidou~Oden<Oden's Paradise Totsuka~Oden's Reactions

Zoro's combat speed is not equal to Big Mom and Kaidou. Kaidou dodged his One Sword Style Big Mom hit him with indra etc. Marco is faster than Base King as well. Zoan King was never stated nor shown to be faster than Base King.
So here is your scaling chain fixed:
Kaidou and Big Mom> Zoro's Combat Speed = Base King~Zoan King < Flame-off King = Zoro's reactions < IPS
Here is Oden's:
Zoro's Combat Speed<Kaidou~Oden<Oden's Paradise Totsuka~Oden's Reactions
Dude, Zoro reacted to them, kept up with them, and dodged them consistently.

They're equal to Zoro.

Seriously why is this a thread. Kaido is repeatedly stated to be the strongest creature like a hundred times over. Oden straight up gives him ptsd from his fight. There’s no way someone directly on par with kaido would be inferior to his subordinate. Does Oden really need to be stated to be superior to every single random guy in Kaido’s army to be better, even when he’s repeatedly stated a dozen times over to be on par with kaido, the guy that is stated hundreds of times over to be hilariously better than everyone. You can’t even argue heat because Oden has some of the most insane heat resistance in the verse, he’s specificity known for that (remember kaido tried to execute him through heat and had to resort to just shooting him instead).

Seriously why is this a thread. Kaido is repeatedly stated to be the strongest creature like a hundred times over. Oden straight up gives him ptsd from his fight. There’s no way someone directly on par with kaido would be inferior to his subordinate. Does Oden really need to be stated to be superior to every single random guy in Kaido’s army to be better, even when he’s repeatedly stated a dozen times over to be on par with kaido, the guy that is stated hundreds of times over to be hilariously better than everyone. You can’t even argue heat because Oden has some of the most insane heat resistance in the verse, he’s specificity known for that (remember kaido tried to execute him through heat and had to resort to just shooting him instead).
One: King's fire > a pot of boiling water
Two: That was a weaker Kaidou
Three: King's durability is quite nutty.

Zoro also wounded Kaido, yet King gave him the fight of his life and only lost due to Plot Induced Stupidity.

Even without the flames, Zoan King still has durability above his AP (since ancient Zoan durability go brr), and his AP was whopping the Zoro who took a lightning bolt from Big Mom

Zoro also wounded Zoan Kaido, yet King gave him the fight of his life and only lost due to Zoro gaining ACoC and possibly being able to harm him with his flame on.

Even without the flames, Zoan King still has durability above his AP (since ancient Zoan durability go brr), and his AP was whooping* the Zoro who took a lightning bolt from Big Mom.
Fixed that for ya.

A pool of boiling water that instantly incinerated a man (if I remember correctly, let me recheck). Kaido specifically thought that water was hot, he had it cranked up to the max heat they could make it. He’s shot oden with his fire breath before, but believe this water would kill him.

It still give modern kaido ptsd and he specifically needed to dodge a strike from the blade.

Kaido is specifically referred to as the strongest because of his durability in particular. He actively tried to find something to kill him since he was so tuff. I would find it weird if one of his teammates had higher durability than himself since kaido specifically thought himself as being the hardest thing to ever try and kill.

I would find it weird if one of his teammates had higher durability than himself since kaido specifically thought himself as being the hardest thing to ever try and kill.
Welp, too bad, that's just how King is.
A pool of boiling water that instantly incinerated a man (if I remember correctly, let me recheck). Kaido specifically thought that water was hot, he had it cranked up to the max heat they could make it. He’s shot oden with his fire breath before, but believe this water would kill him.
Oh yeah? He believed the water would kill him? And tell me, what happened to Oden when he got in the water?

What I mean is that kaido finds that water to be extremely hot, when he specifically has used his fire attack against oden before. Why would he think the water would work if he didn’t think it was as hot as fire he or his teammates could produce when he’s seen oden survive his own fire attacks.

Oden surviving won’t be an outlier towards the temperature, the other guy that slipped in was obliterated by it before they cranked up the heat to as high as they could.

Also all the scarab were also terrified of the water (for Oden’s safety) despite believing Oden could fight Kaido and his men (both of which constantly use their fire).

Guys, heat does not even matter here when King has so many advantages.

Unlike Sanji and Law, Oden can't use dura neg.

Unlike Yamato, he lacks the raw power/durability/speed to overwhelm King and/or force him to drop his flames.

Even assuming the King’s fire is hotter than anything Oden’s took. I don’t think it’s hot enough to really matter. Oden toughened out through intense heat for an hour straight, and it’s not like King’s fire just going to instant drop him as it pretty vaguely scales around all the other fire attacks.

There’s no way he lacks the raw power, even assuming King and Kaido are extremely stronger than before modern Kaido is still afraid of oden and his blade.

I still personally think Oden would be the stronger one here, because Kaido still practically wets the metaphoric bed whenever he thinks about him, but if guys see King as superior I understand why (because this tier of one piece has become extremely wonky with scaling, in verse not on this site).

To clarify I would still find it to be super goofy if Oden lost to king, but I guess I can’t fault people for saying that.

I got to go, I’m voting Oden and I’m keeping my vote for Oden, but I can understand why people would vote otherwise.

Back