• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

King vs Oden

So in a scenario where Oden killed Kaido, an enraged King (who we'll assume is as strong as his present self) steps up to fight Oden.

Both in character, and location is the same place where Oden fought Kaido but they start 50m away from each other.

Oden:

King:

Incon:

Last edited:
So in a scenario where Oden killed Kaido, an enraged King (who we'll assume is as strong as his present self) steps up to fight King.

Both in character, and location is the same place where Oden fought Kaido but they start 50m away from each other.

Oden:

King:

Incon:
Typo btw, did you mean steps up to fight Oden?
Anyway King wins. He tanked attacks that can legitimately harm Kaidou. Unless Oden can find out his weakness quickly like Zoro he won't win

Last edited:
I'm switching to King.

He was threatened by Haoshoku Zoro, not Enma Zoro.

His Zoan form even clashed with Enma Zoro, and Zoro didn't think his Enma Unleashed could hurt Flame-On King (and as I just said it was his Hao Infusion that scared King).

He has durability, speed amps, AP amps to keep up with Oden, and the ranged advantage.

And if Oden gets close, he could use explosions on him.

Even so, before that they were clashing, even if briefly, showing that Zoan King could at least hold his own in CQC against Oden.
That wasn't Enma Zoro though, Zoro unleashed it to prevent King's continuous attacks which instantly resulted in him being knocked away.

Quick observation:
I keep seeing people talk about Zoro and Enma like Enma is a literal power up and it's a little strange, possibly even annoying, because all it's doing is drawing out his Haki.
And when Zoro says things like " Gotta unleash this Enma a little more " it basically means " Gotta unleash my Haki a little more ".
Just wanted to say that real quick.
Anyway I might vote King in retrospect. He was able to nearly blitz Zoro, and for the record Zoro was able to flip over before Hybrid Kaidou struck him with Thunder Bagua even though Zoro had taken Hakai ( among other attacks ) and used Asura before that, and King almost hit a healthier version of him with Tempura Udon.
King also took attacks from him and completely tanked his moves in Flame-On mode before he unlocked ACoC.

I keep seeing people talk about Zoro and Enma like Enma is a literal power up and it's a little strange, possibly even annoying, because all it's doing is drawing out his Haki.
And when Zoro says things like " Gotta unleash this Enma a little more " it basically means " Gotta unleash my Haki a little more ".
It draws out his haki more than he can do naturally, that's why it's killing him when he unleashed it without restriction in 1035.

So it's still a power up from what his base Buso is at.

It draws out his haki more than he can do naturally, that's why it's killing him when he unleashed it without restriction in 1035.

So it's still a power up from what his base Buso is at.
It just unleashes his true potential, but good points.

But anyways, Zoro with unleashed Enma (which is equal to Oden with Enma and Buso Haki) didn't think he could hurt Flame-On Base King and needed Hao Infusion to do so, and I don't think Oden can figure out King's weakness in time (or even exploit it, since Flame-off King probably blitzes him).

So King has comparable AP, equal or greater speed, and broken durability. He also dominates the ranged game, and could kill Oden with explosions.

Also, Zoan King pressured Enma Zoro who is equal in AP to Oden.

Last edited:
And IMO Oden probably wouldn't figure out King's weakness in time, and since King has no reason to turn his flames off (as his Base speed is comparable to Oden's and his Zoan form is likely faster even with flames on), Oden has no real way to hurt Flame-On King.

I mean, Flame On King was completely unharmed by an Enma attack that, while not as strong as Enma Oden, still sliced Kaido's scales, and he also ate his own explosion that nearly killed Zoro, who just earlier had eaten a fuckton of Yonko attacks both on and offscreen.

And to show the speed scaling chain:

Oden = Kaido = Zoro's movement speed = Base King < Zoan King < Flame-Off King = King's reactions < Imperial Deep Pride Stake

Alternatively, Oden = Kaido = Big Mom = Hybrid Marco = Base King < Zoan King < Flame-Off King = King's reactions < Imperial Deep Pride Stake

Back