• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

King vs Law

Doesn't King also have a speed advantage?

Law's Profile:
FTL (Could tag Hybrid Kaidou with his Injection Shot, then blocked his strike)

King's Profile:
FTL (Tagged Marco and kept up with Roronoa Zoro), higher in Zoan Forms (Faster than before) even higher with his flame off (With his lunarian flame turned off he moves speed increases, went FTE to Roronoa Zoro), far higher attack speed with Imperial Deep Pride Stake (Speed-blitzed Roronoa Zoro)

Doesn't King also have a speed advantage?

Law's Profile:

King's Profile:
Again this doesn't matter. If he gets hit by Shock Wille ( and he WILL be getting hit by it, because he always stays stationary when getting pierced in the stomach to blow up an enemy, though he only does that once for obvious reasons ) it's over.

King only allowed Zoro to do that after he had confirmed that Zoro couldn't damage him, And for Law he treats kroom as an absolute last resort that he saved even after the rooftop battle and quite a while into the big mom fight.

King only allowed Zoro to do that after he had confirmed that Zoro couldn't damage him, And for Law he treats kroom as an absolute last resort that he saved even after the rooftop battle and quite a while into the big mom fight.
Gamma Knife, that's another devastating move, though it would detonate the bomb, so that'd lead to Law having to defend, but atleast he'll have killed King
edit: nvm I noticed that Zoro was heavily injured already before he detonated the bomb, I doubt he couldn't have tanked it if he was in top health and was blocking, so I assume Law could do the same too

Gamma Knife, that's another devastating move, though it would detonate the knife, so that'd lead to Law having to defend, but atleast he'll have killed King
Gamma knife isn't killing king and if he does use it and land it then that will make King cautious as he did against hao Zoro to the point where he's not going to let Law get a free hit in for the explosion move and will mostly rely on his speed.

I'm actually incon since King is tougher and will stay away from Law thanks to superior range, speed, and haki but Puncture Wille is deadly and Law is pretty tough considering he tanked a shitton of hits from Life Amped Big Mom, so King may not be able to put him down

Not because King has the advantage of Buso.
He can still move him iirc. He only couldn't move the emperors because they had been outputting advanced haki, also even if he couldn't move him he can move rocks and stuff to help block his attacks and what not. In other news it's 2-4-1

Gamma knife isn't killing king and if he does use it and land it then that will make King cautious as he did against hao Zoro to the point where he's not going to let Law get a free hit in for the explosion move and will mostly rely on his speed.
1: read the edited part of my message
2: how does King fix his organs after Law fries them?
3: gamma knife is one of Law's first moves in battle iirc, so I don't think King would know not to do that stomach bomb move so early.

He can't repair his fried organs so I doubt he can survive the attack.
Doflamingo survived the attack for quite a while and he didn't have a Lunarian body which are vastly more durable than a human ones. The gamma knife itself was left inside Doflamingo for a decent amount of time before the full desired effects took place, Kings self destruction would stop that from happening so while he would get hit and hurt it's not going to be as severe as Doflamingo.

Doflamingo survived the attack for quite a while and he didn't have a Lunarian body which are vastly more durable than a human ones. The gamma knife itself was left inside Doflamingo for a decent amount of time before the full desired effects took place, Kings self destruction would stop that from happening so while he would get hit and hurt it's not going to be as severe as Doflamingo.
One: Doflamingo only survived it due to having a broken power that let him "stitch" his organs, which King does not have.
Two: You're definitely right, Lunarians are tough cookies in terms of their outer parts, but their organs just don't match up. Even if their organs were durable, it doesn't matter, Law still hurt Kaidou's organs.

One: Doflamingo only survived it due to having a broken power that let him "stitch" his organs, which King does not have.
I'm talking before that, Doflamingo survived it and it didn't instantly kill him and that's after taking the gamma knife far longer than king will.
Two: You're definitely right, Lunarians are tough cookies in terms of their outer parts, but their organs just don't match up. Even if their organs were durable, it doesn't matter, Law still hurt Kaidou's organs.
King blew himself up from inside his body, the next page Queen goes on to hype Lunarian's ability to survive and Zoro then questions how he could be alive after blowing himself up; this is even after admitting that his swords couldn't damage his skin.

Seems to me his insides are pretty durable to survive that, not saying King wouldn't get hurt just that it's not going to kill him due to his Lunarian Biology and the fact the gamma knife won't have as much time to do lasting damage due to the immediate self Destruction.

Last edited:
Interesting matchup. King has superior buso, but I think Law wins this eventually due to using Awakening. I don't see any of his base attacks beating King, even Gamma Knife because as Eminiteable pointed out this is a guy that can survive blowing himself up.

Speaking of matchups, I'm still surprised no one has done Yamato vs. Kid or Law or Current Zoro vs. Current Kid (I saw we already got Zoro vs. Law not that long ago) yet.

I'm talking before that, Doflamingo was survived it and it didn't instantly kill him and that's after taking the gamma knife far longer than king will.

King blew himself up from inside his body, the next page Queen goes on to hype Lunarian's ability to survive and Zoro then questions how he could be alive after blowing himself up; this is even after admitting that his swords couldn't damage his skin.

Seems to me his insides are pretty durable to survive that, not saying King wouldn't get hurt just that it's not going to kill him due to his Lunarian Biology and the fact the gamma knife won't have as much time to do lasting damage due to the immediate self Destruction.
Gamma Knife is radiation inside his body, as well. Would he survive radiation to his organs?

Interesting matchup. King has superior buso, but I think Law wins this eventually due to using Awakening. I don't see any of his base attacks beating King, even Gamma Knife because as Eminiteable pointed out this is a guy that can survive blowing himself up.

Speaking of matchups, I'm still surprised no one has done Yamato vs. Kid or Law or Current Zoro vs. Current Kid (I saw we already got Zoro vs. Law not that long ago) yet.
you can do those matches if you want, nobody's stopping you lol. I would participate because I like to wank Yamato.

That's one of the main arguments I constantly see a lot of people use to say why Kid would beat Zoro on other sites. The other is because he beat Big Mom with Law.
Law and Kidd would have gotten absolutely whooped by Big Mom if either one of them had fought her alone. They only won because they kept bombarding her with attacks and wouldn't let her regen

magnetism counters sword users I imagine.
Nah Zoro has WAAAAAAAAAAY better Haki.

Law and Kidd would have gotten absolutely whooped by Big Mom if either one of them had fought her alone. They only won because they kept bombarding her with attacks and wouldn't let her regen
This, and they kept sucker punching her while she was distracted, like how Law first used Kroom when BM was focused on Kidd and once she focused on him Kidd used his own awakening on her.

I might do one of those...

Actually I was kinda planning to do either Pre Mink Medicine or Post Mink Medicine Zoro against Kid some time.

Doesn't it resist devil fruit abilities though?
It does but If I'm remembering right the CRT to apply that never finished due to disagreements on whether or not haki would resist the abilities of devil fruits or if haki just has a special resistance to devil fruits themselves.

Doesn't it resist devil fruit abilities though?

And Zoro should have the Lifting strength to resist magnetism.
Big Mom was far stronger than Zoro but- shit at the time of writing this message I noticed that Law had moved Big Mom, not Kidd, and that was with an attack that probably couldn't really be countered with haki, so nvm.

Law via better Hax

If Law can react to Kings speed he could shambles and use Gamma Knife which is dura negation meaning King even with flame on cant avoid it. Law has other attacks up his sleeve too. Kroom Shock Willow, Injection Shot, and etc… maybe i will change the vote later if someone goves valid reasons on why King wins

For now imma vote Law via Hax

Law via better Hax

If Law can react to Kings speed he could shambles and use Gamma Knife which is dura negation meaning King even with flame on cant avoid it. Law has other attacks up his sleeve too. Kroom Shock Willow, Injection Shot, and etc… maybe i will change the vote later if someone goves valid reasons on why King wins

For now imma vote Law via Hax
Yeah, he reacted to kaidou and big mom iirc, and took a beat down from an armament using, life amped Big Mom, which was after all of the damage he already took from them, and then managed to still get up later and say he would manage to attack Kaidou for a moment if Luffy had truly died.So he has pretty good endurance and durability, and has incredible stamina, as he lasted throughout the roof top battle, onto the battle with Big Mom ( where he had to use his awakening when drains him a LOT ), threw her out of the island, and then offered to get up and try to help jump Kaidou if the need arose. Law's stamina is MONSTROUS man. Honestly I'm still gonna vote Law, he can outlast King, displace him, and shock/radiate his organs and even brain with Gamma Knife and Shock Wille. Rest In Piss, King.

Bump.

Also, I think AP is comparable, as King matched Marco in base, forced Zoro (who took hits from the Yonko albeit with damage) to cough up blood in his Hybrid, and pressured Enma Zoro (who is comparable to Oden) with his Zoan form.

Law made Hybrid Kaido bleed and made both Base Kaido and Bigger Mom scream in pain with Takt, although King is a smaller target and probably will be incredibly hard to hit with Takt due to his mobility so Law will rely on his closer range attacks and Awakening.

Speed wise:

Imperial Deep Pride Stake > FTE > Zoro's Reaction Speed ~ King's Reaction Speed & Flame Off Zoan King > Flame Off Base King > FTE > 1035 Zoro's Combat Speed ~ Zoan King > Base King ~ Post-rooftop Zoro ~ Big Mom/Base Kaidou

Trafalgar Law ~ Hybrid Kaidou's combat speed ~ Gear 2nd Luffy's Speed > Base Luffy's Combat speed ~ Base Kaidou's combat speed ~ Big Mom ~ Hybrid Marco

So Law outspeeds Base King and definitely is >= Zoan King in speed, but King can get the advantage with flames off (although this is ridiculously risky) and Pride Stake.

King with flames on has better durability, but Law's durability will let him stay in the fight, considering he took a beating from a Buso amped Bigger Mom (albeit with damage).

Law can't use Countershock or Injection Shot because King's self-destruction will probably kill him.

However, I give this match to Law high-extreme diff thanks to his broken Awakened techniques. If Bigger Mom's Buso Haki can't defend against those attacks, King stands no chance of defending himself.

If it weren't for those it'd be really even.

Last edited:
Bump.

Also, I think AP is comparable, as King matched Marco in base, forced Zoro (who took hits from the Yonko albeit with damage) to cough up blood in his Hybrid, and pressured Enma Zoro (who is comparable to Oden) with his Zoan form.

Law made Hybrid Kaido bleed and made both Base Kaido and Bigger Mom scream in pain with Takt, although King is a smaller target and probably will be incredibly hard to hit with Takt due to his mobility so Law will rely on his closer range attacks and Awakening.

Speed wise:

Imperial Deep Pride Stake > FTE > Zoro's Reaction Speed ~ King's Reaction Speed & Flame Off Zoan King > Flame Off Base King > FTE > 1035 Zoro's Combat Speed ~ Zoan King > Base King ~ Post-rooftop Zoro ~ Big Mom/Base Kaidou

Trafalgar Law ~ Hybrid Kaidou's combat speed ~ Gear 2nd Luffy's Speed > Base Luffy's Combat speed ~ Base Kaidou's combat speed ~ Big Mom ~ Hybrid Marco

So Law outspeeds Base King and definitely is >= Zoan King in speed, but King can get the advantage with flames off (although this is ridiculously risky) and Pride Stake.

King with flames on has better durability, but Law's durability will let him stay in the fight, considering he took a beating from a Buso amped Bigger Mom (albeit with damage).

Law can't use Countershock or Injection Shot because King's self-destruction will probably kill him.

However, I give this match to Law high-extreme diff thanks to his broken Awakened techniques.
This sounds about right. Trying to navigate all of the boosts that the techniques give seems ******* impossible and messy, a hot-bed for heated arguments. So I'm also of the belief that Law would win this battle after a very long and arduous exchange of blows.

Basically:

King:

+ His Buso Haki, Zoan Form, and Imperial Flames let him match Law's Ap, and when stacking them he exceeds Law's AP

+ Self-Destruction one-shots Law and makes it impossible for Law to use a lot of his moves (like Counter-Shock and Injection Shot).

+ Broken Durability

+ Zoan Speed Amps make him match Law, and his Pride Stake and Flames-Off are likely faster.

+ Range advantage with flames and Danmaku

+ Buso Haki negates many of Law's base hax moves (but not Awakening)

- Flames-Off takes away his durability advantage

- If Law breaks his mask or finds out his Lunarian heritage, he can get under King's skin

-- No defense against Law's Awakened techniques

Law:

+ Comparable AP

+ Faster than Base King and can keep up with Zoan King

+ Impressive durability that will allow him to take plenty of hits from King.

+ Curtain amps his already incredible durability and block King's flames.

+ Likely superior stamina

+ If he finds out about King's Lunarian heritage, can get under his skin.

++ Awakened attacks seal the deal for Law and bypass King's Buso Haki

- Can't use any close range attacks or King's self-destruction will one-shot him.

- Most basic DF attacks will likely be negated by King's Buso Haki

Last edited:
Back