• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have made a King Thanos page (blog) and I think we could add this character to the website.

I know most of the people will start talking about the Silver Surfer stuff, but the Fallen One (Norrin Radd) probably had an amp, since he was black (not trying to sound racist here, but Silver Surfer turning black for no reason at all doesn't sound logical), and he had the Mjolnir, which gave him powers of Thor (before Thor was killed by Thanos, he was King of Asgard and way more powerful than base Thor).

Anyway, we can use the the Galactus (Galactus had time for preparation, should be at least moderate-fed), and King Thor feats to scale him, instead of using out of panel stuff.

I agree. To explain, present Thanos was amped by God Quarry when they fought, and he also has fought Thane who should be comparable to other Phoenix hosts, and the Fallen One was said to by KT as a threat that he had never faced before, so yeah Surfer was pretty amped.

We should preferably avoid adding lots of not particularly prominent alternative timeline comicbook characters that only appeared once. We would end up with too many of them. In addition, the character is too inconsistent, since he was defeated by the present day Thanos.

Antvasima said:
We should preferably avoid adding lots of not particularly prominent alternative timeline comicbook characters that only appeared once. We would end up with too many of them. In addition, the character is too inconsistent, since he was defeated by the present day Thanos.
We could add this to Thanos' page too, since they share the same history,

No lol, present day Thanos was amped by God Quarry, and Thanos had lost his desire to fight when he fought God Quarry amped Thanos.

Are you certain that present day Thanos was still enhanced by the God Quarry at that point? If so, I suppose that a profile might be fine.

Okay. So should King Thanos be 2-C from killing Odinforce Thor and Galactus? I think that killing the Celestials should probably be seen as an outlier for Black Bolt.

It has to be an outlier. It doesn't make any sense for him to suddenly be 2-A.

Just 2-C I think. Odinforce Thor and regular Galactus are not that far into the tier.

Yes, but we do not have evidence that he is over a 100 times stroger than them. Odin is only proven to be a 9 or 10 universes level.

Moderately fed Galactus is only counted as 2-C here. Anyway, you have to hurry up with creating the profile if you want to get it done before the wiki is locked for regular members for at least a few weeks.

i thought that the "likely higher" was for killing some universal abstracts. But, im good with 2-C too.

Is somebody experienced/who knows what they are doing willing to create the profile?

Here is our profile for him: Cyttorak

It seems like that profile should be updated to scale from Dormammu (Classic) first, but "Possibly Low 1-C" seems like an outlier for Thanos.

Also, we did not see Thanos kill Cyttorak, and the mystical entities have been severely downgraded in recent years. "At least 2-C" is probably fine though.

Antvasima said:
but "Possibly Low 1-C" seems like an outlier for Thanos.
that's very much cherry picking and arbitrary tho

also he made chains out of his bones, so we can be assured that he enought power to affect his body

"The mystical entities have been severely downgraded in recent years"

proof for that being ?

At least Low 2-C is good, rest of stuff stuff happened out of panel. "Likely higher" would be better.

Dormammu has generally been portrayed as incredibly weaker than previously in all of his appearances, and has also been shown as currently roughly comparable to Mephisto, Nightmare, and SHuman-Gorath. And Cyttorak has repeatedly been defeated by the Juggernaut. So yes, the mystical entities are much weaker in the modern era.

Is somebody willing to write up an "At least 2-C" King Thanos profile?

>Dormammu has generally been portrayed as incredibly weaker than previously in all of his appearances, and has also been shown as currently roughly comparable to Mephisto, Nightmare, and SHuman-Gorath.

out of the entities you have mentioned, only Mephisto is not rated 2-A, possibly Low 1-C, the other 2 are

>And Cyttorak has repeatedly been defeated by the Juggernaut.

Cyttorak is the entity powering Juggernaut in the first place, so unless you are talking of Trion Juggernaut which is MUCH more powerfull than base, that's clear cut PIS

Yes, but the point is that Dormammu is now regularly beaten and damaged by regular superhumans, and was still recently shown to roughly match the other characters that I mentioned, who as such scale from him.

Yes, it doesn't make sense, but it is still true. Regular Juggernaut has repeatedly beaten Cyttorak on his own over the years.

Given that we did not see Thanos kill Cyttorak and the current sorry state of the mystical entities, I definitely do not think that we can make King Thanos into "Possibly Low 1-C", and do not have the time available to argue about it further. If you want an "At least 2-C" profile, fine, create it, but I am definitely not willing to go any further than that.

Also, there is a much bigger case for PIS with King Thanos, the Fallen One, and Black Bolt, than the consistently shown downscaling of the mystical entities for the last 15 years or so.

>"Yes, but the point is that Dormammu is now regularly beaten and damaged by regular superhumans"

same exact thing as the Hulk being reguarly damaged by 9-A to 8-C characters, what's your point ?

>"Yes, it doesn't make sense, but it is still true. Regular Juggernaut has repeatedly beaten Cyttorak on his own over the years."

PIS is PIS, you can't just overpower something with a small fraction of said being's power

>"Given that we did not see Thanos kill Cyttorak and the current sorry state of the mystical entities"

He made chains out of his bones and casually just handed them to his ghost rider, which shows he has capabilities in the range

>"Also, there is a much bigger case for PIS with King Thanos, the Fallen One, and Black Bolt"

Which King Thanos and the Fallen One do even have ?

>"If you want an "At least 2-C" profile, fine, create it, but I am definitely not willing to go any further than that."

You should stop with that toxic and close minded stone wall attitude

1) The point is that Dormammu is now consistently shown as a pushover, and never displays any high levels of power anymore. That is not an outlier, it is systematic bias from the writers.

2) Again, Marvel has shown Juggernaut repeatedly beating Cyttorak since 1997 or so, and he scales from Dormammu.

3) We do not know the exact circumstances, and the previous points still apply.

4) King Thanos being killed by present Thanos and being matched by the Silver Surfer, with Black Bolt suddenly defeating Celestials seems like a better case for a temporary bad writing matchup result, i.e. PIS, than Dormammu always being displayed as a joke nowadays.

5) I am not toxic. I am generally extremely helpful to our members, but I am also very tired and overworked, and do not have the time for this. If you want further input, ask these members for help, but I think that I have already been sufficiently flexible as it is.

Sera EX, Matthew Schroeder, Zensum, C2 of Omego, Eficiente, Qawsedf234, PrinceOfTheMorning, Sandman31, SuperAPM, Zark2099, ClassicNESfa, Firestorm808, Elizio33, FanofRPGs, Hykuu

1) it would be like downgrading Thor and Hulk since they have "systematic bias" of being comparable to the other Avengers tho

2) But then again, he was probably amped when doing said feats.

3) You don't just hand a servitor a power infinitelly superior to yourself

4) It was said it was God Quarry Thanos, who had previusly beated a Phoenix Force empowered being, who are rated as 2-A, possibly Low 1-C, so more then anything this is a feat for King Thanos

5) Not really helpful here, you just lay down statements without citing any actual event/storyline and expect everyone to just nod along

5.2) i will contact said members

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back