• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

King (One Punch Man) Vs. James Dean (Monument Mythos) - A Psychological Battle

Matthew_Schroeder

VS Battles
Retired
Two seemingly ordinary men meet together for "Battle". Both of them unbelievably beloved by the people and holding legendary positions of power.

One of them is King, S-Class Hero and the World's Strongest Man. The other one James Dean, the President of the United States of America.

They meet each other on the field of battle, who among these two figures will bullshit his way into victory will ultimately stand victorious?

Note: For the sake of this debate, assume that they are both established figures in a shared world and that they are aware of each other's existences.

This is not a battle of fists. This is a duel of the mind. I wanna know who has the best social influencing.

Most likely James Dean, people believe King is strong but have never seen him truly ”fight”, only believing he can kill them easily most people atleast
James Dean is actively seen by the world doing his deeds, which include going ontop of a radio tower past it’s max volume causing people to either go deaf or die from the noise, and having one of his own ears blown out and being unable to hear anymore, just to help his people.

I do love me a King matchup.

"The ADA's repeated efforts to stop James Dean's election proved unsuccessful, and after a failed insurrectionist protest at the Capitol Building on January 6th which resulted in over 150 casualties, Dean officially became president on January 20th, 1969."

What kind of verse is this? Seems crazy from a glance.
The best kind of crazy

It's Political Satire mixed with Lovecraftian Horror.
That explains it. Did some more digging and eventually got that far. Having looked through the verse and the stuff about the Air Force Angel and the Suez Canal Crab (this verse is really something else), I must say it really is something.

I'm voting for King because...
1. King's charisma/luck is combat oriented and battle-tested against beings as powerful as Platinum Sperm and Goorochi
2. The existence of large groups of people who hate James Dean (ADA) implies a limit to his charisma that we haven't seen with King

Correct me if I'm completely wrong here, but it seems like James Deans' luck isn't entirely transcendent and isn't always an instant win- just almost always. Even that seems partly due to his own charisma as much as any apparent accidents.

King's luck is so powerful he can't even admit his weakness without it making his opponent even more afraid of him.

James Dean could still win because his default strategy is to invite his opponent to race cars with him and then befriend them

Specially since one of the SI is used to scare harmful people away while the other is befriending them into allies. King's SI makes his allies view him as an allmighty presence and his foes view him as an unbeatable enemy that should be escaped from at any cost. If someone appears with the intention of befriending him i don't think it's going to be as effective.

I'm sure King would want to hang out with Dean he's a nice guy who just happened to have killed hundreds of thousands of political dissidant terrorists

Legitimately didn't even know we had a profile for Dean. I'm leaning on the best president of the USA, but not voting yet.

Specially since one of the SI is used to scare harmful people away while the other is befriending them into allies. King's SI makes his allies view him as an allmighty presence and his foes view him as an unbeatable enemy that should be escaped from at any cost. If someone appears with the intention of befriending him i don't think it's going to be as effective.
King's Social Influencing does both though. Just look at how he affected the s-class heroes, and how he manages to be the only person Saitama likes? Not even guys like Saitama are immune to his friendlier charms.

How are we counting the win here? Is this more of a friend battle than a death battle where the man who takes the social lead wins? Probably they'd go to the race, but there's no way that James Deans SI would grant him power over King like it did over Nixon, for example.

Does King even know how to drive? I guess his luck + experience with games will make him seem like a pro. Not like winning or losing the race matters tho, only keeping his integrity as this nigh-omnipotent pillar of heroism

Does King even know how to drive? I guess his luck + experience with games will make him seem like a pro. Not like winning or losing the race matters tho, only keeping his integrity as this nigh-omnipotent pillar of heroism
This is just Incon because the two are just chads who don’t need to fight

Having King support you would actually be really advantageous from a political standpoint. Like an All Might on steroids even the most egotistical and idealistic heroes acknowledge as the ultimate hero. Everyone on his side believes in him with absolute faith and everyone on the opposing side fear/respect him as an opponent.

Having King support you would actually be really advantageous from a political standpoint. Like an All Might on steroids even the most egotistical and idealistic heroes acknowledge as the ultimate hero. Everyone on his side believes in him with absolute faith and everyone on the opposing side fear/respect him as an opponent.
Yeah exactly, match is Incon because the two go on to run an unstoppable political campaign

Yeah,incon FRA
Having King near him causes any and all terrorism/assassination attempts to fail and backfire leading to opposers eventually running on fumes and accepting their new overlord, while James Dean insures they always have absolute political support from their allies.

Back