• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

King of Fighters: Kyo Kusanagi's Tiering

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, with regards to Kyo Kusanagi 's tiering, I have noticed that Kyo's flames were slowly destroying a city. Since a city-level feat would have to mean the entire city would have to be obliterated at once (or harm opponents that have city level durability), I am hesitant to place Kyo in city level because of this.

Also, the reasoning for High 7-C Kyo is that when Iori was taken over by Orochi and went all Orochi Iori, this happened . Not sure how much Orochi Iori (7-B) is stronger compared to Iori, but from what I've seen and read in other forums, it increases Iori' strength by a LOT. Keep in mind that Orochi is standing at 7-B due to his sheer size, although this value may be higher.

Any thoughts on this?

Edit: There is also a feat where Mai dodges a point blank explosion without any problems, and Kyo is scaled from this. Would Hypersonic+ for speed be correct?

1.- You should separate KOF Another Day Kyo (The burning city feat) and Canon Kyo. (KOF 94 - XIV). Canon Kyo's biggest feats is beating Rugal and defeating Orochi with the help of Orochi Iori and Chizuru.

2.-Mai reacts to the explotion, she does not dodge it because the explotion wasnt going to hurt her in the first place, also, this also comes from the anime special i linked in Kyo's page.

We have separate pages for Another Day Kyo and Canon Kyo, but personally, I think they should be comparable to each other since one was a clone of the other, canon or not. Considering that Another Day Kyo caused a fire that was apparently burning the entire city, they could have equal tiering.

Here is the speed for the detonation velocity, aka an explosion: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Detonation_velocity

So, bumping this thread to prevent loss. However, if there are feats that show travel speed/combat speed from this series, it would be great to link them here.

Also, I am guessing dodging bullets with impunity would count as supersonic+?

Will do so.

I was hoping to discuss this with Alana a bit more however.

Edit: Apparently I can't delete pages. Can you delete them?

Unfortunately, Alana has been blocked.

I have deleted the pages.

So, with regards to regular Kyo and Iori, you think they can be scaled from Orochi due to Orochi being defeated by both Kyo and Iori?

Now I am also wondering, seeing that both KOF and Street Fighter have come out at relatively the same time, and with relatively the same amount of AP, I am wondering if Kyo and Iori's speeds could be comparable to Street Fighter characters as well (probably coincidence), meaning Kyo and Iori could be sitting at Massively Hypersonic speeds.

I've seen too many of KOF vs Street Fighter threads to even count, but perhaps this thread could settle the debate?

I don't know very much about KOF, but scaling them to Orochi seems reasonable.

Scaling them to Street Fighter characters would be a no, since we can't due cross-series scaling in 99% of cases.

KoF needs to have some of its feats analyzed and calculated, they have some good feats that are often overlooked such as these.

http://www.narutoforums.com/blog.php?b=35338

Feats from KoF '00 alone would put them at three digits supuersonic and town-city level.

From this you have characters with DC of 5 megatons and speeds of mach 800-1000

Though the DC feat needs to be evaluated there is more than enough evidence to suggest it's at least city level.

The latter feat involving the speed is unquestionable as the distance/timeframe is very explicit on the video used to measure it.

http://www.vgmuseum.com/end/neogeo/b/kof2khero.htm

Look at the endings for Art of Fighting, Team Edit, Psycho Soldier, and Korea's Teams.

The stats above scales to almost everyone and their mother.

So, perhaps there should be a calc done for this stuff; perhaps I'll see what I can do.

Edit: Okay, High 7-A Goenitz with about 1500 Megatons worth at minimum for creating a storm cloud? I believe this scales to Orochi, Igniz, and possibly Rugal as well (or at least 7-A)

Well, Bao and the rest survived being hit with the Zero cannon, which would put their durability at City Level, that scales literrally everyone up to At least 7-C in durability.

And, since Orochi is Ar least 7-B, Orochi Iori, Chizuru and Kyo should be at least 7-C, since it took all three of them to beat him.

Their speed should be around Supersonic (The Ikari Warriors team´s original game revolbes about them dodging bullets with ease, Metal Slug would make them faster if considered canon.) and possibly hypersonic

Crossovers are not canon, so we cannot scale them on Street Fighter.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xjy4Agd8oKk

Relevant feats

9:00 The beam is strong enough to destroy the city.

0:00 onwards Takuma steps forward and deflects beam, that makes gives him reactions/movements on par with the satellite beam speed along with the DC.

5:00 Chan and choi survive the beam, they're not particularly strong in the KoF verse so anyone who can hurt them is scaled to their durability.

6:00 Bao catches and attacks the satellite with one of his supers, meaning his attack speed is equal to that of the beam.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UcAypyHVutI

5:33 you can see the super he used in kof 00.

DC= City level

Speed/reactions/movement/= Massively hypersonic

Well, I have replaced the KOF header image, but do not have a particulat opinion about this topic.

Also, is that you again Mikoto? If so, why do you keep coming back anyway?

Antvasima said:
Also, is that you again Mikoto? If so, why do you keep coming back anyway?
Are you refering to Sophia Athena, Ant? Cause she's already blocked anyways.

I can highlight this thread for more input.

Ring Mario Face said:
We are all sockpuppets until then.
Nobody said anything about sockpuppets in this thread...yet you seem to know the Mikoto situation....

Who are you?

Should we like close this then? I really don't care that Crazy made this thread if it's just going to be flooded with mostly Mikoto and her sockpuppets...

Probably. No one seems to know anything about KOF. And Mikoto keeps bumping this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back