• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Kill La Kill Speed Correction

This calculation: https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User_blog:Reppuzan/Lina_Shields_-_Kill_la_Kill_Tennis_Balls

Basically, this calculation assumed 220 Tennis Balls. I just want to know where is the reason of this assumption.

Also: https://gfycat.com/plasticarcticiridescentshark

This link here states that Omiko served 110 million tennis balls all at once. So the 1 with 2570 times the speed of light should be accepted.

On top of all opf this, this calculations was not accepted in the 1st place, yet it's on Ryuko's profile.

I would love to have a correction of this calculation.

220 was used because that is how many balls person calculating the feat counted on the screenshot they were using.

The link you posted does not state that Omiko has served 110 million tennisballs at once. It has Omiko say "110 million serve!" the character statement is not the same as an objective statement about the action. I am more inclined to view her statement as either the name of the manuever or hyperbole.

If the number was taken literally: A tennis ball is a little under 60 grams. 110 million of them would be 6,600,000 kg, or 6,600 metric tons of tennis balls. 6.541-6.858cm (avg 6.7) is the diameter of a tennis ball, as a sphere this means that the volume is on average 157.48 cubic cm. 110 million of them is: 17322800000 cubic cm or a big cube about 25.87m on each side. And this would be if the balls were squares packed together, because they are spheres there would be gaps between them making the resulting collection of balls even larger.

The scene doesn't really reflect 110 million tennis balls being served.

They counted the number of balls in the image apparently. I'm not going to sit and count these, but that is where the assumption comes from.

220 is the amount of tennis balls visible on screen.

The 110 million end was just a joke based on the name of the attack.

The only real flaw is that the tennis balls are assumed to be served at the speed of a peak human tennis player when they're clearly faster than sound

I mean assuming that she actually served 110 million tennis balls at once, when there is clearly only a couple hundred on screen, based solely on the hyperbolic name is a big assumption.

But anyways not that it's entirely related but I do agree that the actual speed of the tennis balls is a huge lowball.

It's a valid assumption. We directly see 220 tennis balls on screen, so we can safely say there are at least 220 of them. But there's very clearly not 110 million, and to say that is a far more outlandish assumption than going with what we can blatantly see.

And yes the calculation was accepted. The blog you listed is a reupload because the original blog got deleted. But the calc was thoroughly accepted in the original blog.

If 110 million were actually served there would have at least been tennis balls all around the entire arena and sky. But when you watch the clips you can clearly see that there's only a few tennis balls surrounding them and most of the area is free.

There's no point. There very clearly is not 110 million tennis balls, and the original calc only had that end as a joke. 220 is based on what can actually be seen. There really is no other amount that can be used.

I do think perhaps the calc should be redone, keeping the 220 tennis balls, but putting their speed at least as fast as sound.

The tennis balls were thrown by highly trained 1-Stars, whereas even someone with no training who had only experienced being a 1-Star for literal seconds was casually faster than sound. The tennis balls can also penetrate concrete and blitz Mako who casually deflects bullets.

Wow, dont know how i missed this

Ryu already summed up my thoughts on this nicely, and i agree that a recalc may be in order as the current calc is unreasonably lowballed

Thank you very much! I added my input there.

as it was done by ryuko at the beginning of the series, she would easily reach Sub-Relativistic + speed in the end of series.

The calc got rejected lol

Might rework it soon. It should still yield Sub-Rela results, though.

Where was that statement? Can someone link it to me? It's been a while ever since i watched the anime, and i haven't watched the manga.

Any updates on whether or not the other Sub-Rel end was accepted?

Sure thing. Thank you very much for everything.

@Migue79 Did you ask them and did they ever respond?

Back