• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Kill La Kill downgrades

Welcome to Power Scaling where in fiction human bodies are much harder than they are in real life. Doubts? With all due respect, if you literally think that a human body wouldn't get severed by a 6-A blade then you've been smoking on some real good shit.

9-B Bones and flesh aren't stopping a 6-A Blade.

This comment is literally contradiction. How is she comparable to the swords that cut Ryuko in half when in the same sentence you say that it's something Ragyo can't do herself with her own physical stats?

Once again, not how Newton's second law works whenever your transferring the majority of the kinetic energy into the opponent. It's not like Ragyo is striking a stationary brick wall.

Which again, that's not how that works.

First of all genius Newtons Third law isn't even relevant here. Newton's Third Law is whenever two bodies push against each other, if one force is overpowering the other force and flinging them meters away then there is no "opposite and equal reaction."

Satsuki isn't pushing against Ragyo with equal force. Newton's Third Law also has to do with force, not energy.

Before you tell me to take a crash course (very original copying what I told you btw.) I'd suggest learning the difference between Newtons Third law and Energy transferal before you @ me again.
I believe it would depend on how the blade was used.

Never said it did, I doubted them cutting in two from a non-deep attack.

Context ignorance eh? I said that Ragyo's blades could cut Ryuko in half, something she physically couldn't do.

Actually it would be reliant on Ragyo and Satsuki's durability, everything is going to push back against being moved depending on friction, gravity and all that stuff, Ragyo kicking and punching Satsuki, the ladder when she was coming at Ragyo, would exert the same amount of force as the kick and punch gave onto Ragyo herself. It's why sending something flying with a punch is a better feat then just punching something for both AP and Durability.

See above.

For every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction.

The statement means that in every interaction, there is a pair of forces acting on the two interacting objects. The size of the forces on the first object equals the size of the force on the second object. The direction of the force on the first object is opposite to the direction of the force on the second object. Forces always come in pairs - equal and opposite action-reaction force pairs.

Ragyo would logically have to take the force of her punched to have no visible damage to herself for physically hitting something. This is applied to... actually pretty much every character who physically attacks someone across the wiki.

I know what Newton's Third Law is, you can stop with the middle school level explanations now.

What I'm saying that it isn't applicable here, there's a difference between that and energy transferal. You'd have a point if Satsuki stayed still, then yes there would be an equal and opposite reaction. But in a case where one character is flung back by meters, in turn means that there was no force pushed back at Ragyo given that all of it was absorbed by Satsuki by flinging back.

This isn't a case of two forces pushing against one another where the force is mutually shared. It's a one sided thing, Ragyo wouldn't be exposed to any negative force since she's overpowering the opposing force.

The point of this thread is to find what her durability scales to, and my main issue is her scaling to the Blades in terms of durability. If you wish to scale to her 6-A via other means that's fine, but as it stands her durability section has zero justifications for 6-A. It's literally blank with a "regen makes her hard to kill.", which is the low effort I can think of when it comes to profile formatting.

Satsuki stayed in place for a moment before going flying when Ragyo kicked her, and when Ragyo punched her Satsuki was going towards her, both requiring the same amount of force to be put onto Ragyo's leg/hand, please pay attention to the scans I showed you of those.

Also Ragyo breaking Bakuzan would require the force she put into it to be transferred to her hand anyway, so...

Just read your edit and... Ragyo was never scaled to the blades though? A blank means it just scales to her AP.

Just read your edit and... Ragyo was never scaled to the blades though? A blank means it just scales to her AP.
Which is the issue, it can be left open interpretation interpretation. A blank absolutely doesn't mean that, a blank means just that. A blank, I.E no reason.

Most of the time when we scale durability to AP we state such in the profile, unless it's a shit tier profile.

If Satsuki stayed still whenever Ragyo punched her then it should be fine. Like I said, the profile just needs to have a well explained reasoning rather than just a vague blank section.

Which is the issue, it can be left open interpretation interpretation. A blank absolutely doesn't mean that, a blank means just that. A blank, I.E no reason.

Most of the time when we scale durability to AP we state such in the profile, unless it's a shit tier profile.

If Satsuki stayed still whenever Ragyo punched her then it should be fine. Like I said, the profile just needs to have a well explained reasoning rather than just a vague blank section.
I can handle that, if that's the only thing your doing here and not trying to downgrade the Scissor blades anymore, I can whip up a justification for durability.

"(Broke Bakuzan after letting it stab her hands, was undamaged after punching and kicking Satsuki, comparable to her AP.)"

I can probably do the rest of the keys but right now that's just first one

Though honestly that's the bad thing about Ragyo, her only real dura feats are withstanding her own blows as she beats the **** out of everyone.

Back