• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
SomebodyData said:
Do you even read? It says speed equalized.

I think foodie meant that she is not exactly on par with her teammates

Well a teenage girl that while has trained for most her life, hasn`t had much actual combot experience with intelligent foes (Don`t get me wrong, she is battle smart, but the gap between experience smarter and tougher enemies trumps knowledge of animal level intelligence enemies and teamwork based fighting style when fighting solo)

Well, considering you think that the pole is slow in a speed equalized match, I think your vote won`t be counted as well.
Yeah, pretty sure equalized speed doesn't apply to their weapons.

That's why she's in their class and consistently is shown as comparable to them... okay.

The same could be said for Goku on the first point and his foes were hardly intelligent and most DBZ characters fight like animals.

Even with speed equalized she will have time to dodge regardless, but whatever.

SomebodyData said:
BruceTheBatman said:
Do you even grammar?
Ruby could dodge that slow ass powerpole.

Ruby is absolutely competent without her team, otherwise she wouldn't have been accepted into beacon, defeated various MCB thugs, defeated Neo and Torchwick, ETC.

What skill? People always say Goku is more skilled without proof

Your vote will not be counted when you give flawed reasoning like this.

Well a teenage girl that while has trained for most her life, hasn`t had much actual combot experience with intelligent foes (Don`t get me wrong, she is battle smart, but the gap between experience smarter and tougher enemies trumps knowledge of animal level intelligence enemies and teamwork based fighting style when fighting solo)

Well, considering you think that the pole is slow in a speed equalized match, I think your vote won`t be counted as well.

Why would she not be on par with her teammates?

Ah yes, Roman's and Neo's animal level intelligence...

I agree the power pole wouldn't be slow but it would be a telegraphed attack and easily avoidable

Foodiefight said:
thats why i say goku has more skill

brucethebatman

may think i am a fanboy

but honestly i am not
You are giving very flawed reasoning and Goku didn't have any real sparring partners like Ruby did other than Grandpa Gohan, so logically she hs faced more fighting styles and variants. Plus both have been training since they were kids, regardless, since Ruby has been going to schools for warriors.

Never called you one, but your grammar resembles one lol.

BruceTheBatman said:
SomebodyData said:

Yeah, pretty sure equalized speed doesn't apply to their weapons.
That's why she's in their class and consistently is shown as comparable to them... okay.

The same could be said for Goku on the first point and his foes were hardly intelligent and most DBZ characters fight like animals.

Even with speed equalized she will have time to dodge regardless, but whatever.
like data said goku has train to fight when he was kid

that why i say goku has more skill than ruby.

Foodiefight said:
like data said goku has train to fight when he was kid

that why i say goku has more skill than ruby.
So has Ruby since she's gone to warrior schools since she was a kid.

Then your reasoning is flawed and with this new info you should possibly reevaluate or change your opinion since the one thing supporting it is being debunked (hate using that word, for some reason, but whatevs)

And Ruby has training with Uncle Qrow and has been trained since she was a teen as well

That's not comparable, Goku was trained by a Master since the beginning of his life and by Roshi who's lived for hundreds of years.

Either way I change to inconclusive, no one has countered the others argument.

Also she never beaten NEO and Torchwick they were wiping the floor with her. She was very lucky in that fight.

@Bruce making arguments for your point is one thing but your constant, irrelevant insults towards the grammar of someone who likely doesn't have English as their first language is uncalled for.

Prgreeneyes said:
And Ruby has training with Uncle Qrow and has been trained since she was a teen as well
That's not comparable, Goku was trained by a Master since the beginning of his life and by Roshi who's lived for hundreds of years.
Either way I change to inconclusive, no one has countered the others argument.

Also she never beaten NEO and Torchwick they were wiping the floor with her. She was very lucky in that fight.

Ruby has been trained by at least master-level individuals since that's a prerequisite for teaching.

No one ever said since he was an infant. It was likely weeks or months after.

Your right really.

She still was victorious, so that's a win in a way.

Ryukama said:
@Bruce making arguments for your point is one thing but your constant, irrelevant insults towards the grammar of someone who likely doesn't have English as their first language is uncalled for.
Sorry, I'm not good with words. Apologies if I sounded or acted insultingly.

I still stand by inconclusive, I don't see Ruby beating Goku up close and I've never seen Ruby fight from a distance. She usually rushes in judging from what I've seen so her range advantage would be useles. Also Goku doesn't need his weapon to fight unlike Ruby who can't fight without her crescent rose.

Goku and any DB character have high AOE, so a kamahameha explosion would not be something she can ignore.

(Still inconclusive though)

Wow this thread blew up quickly when I wasn't looking.

This is kind of a mess though. It's a highly controversial fight that's already based on restricting ruby's speed and her eyes in the first place.

Probably would be best to just close this before it gets any worse.

A Sword Dancer said:
This is kind of a mess though. It's a highly controversial fight that's already based on restricting ruby's speed and her eyes in the first place.

I agree, this has been going nowhere.

A Sword Dancer said:

how this would be a controversial

Prgreeneyes said:
A Sword Dancer said:

I agree, this has been going nowhere.
Agreed

A Sword Dancer said:

agreed

I don't agree. It's not the fight that's inconclusive. It's more like people don't want to argue anymore. I think we should wait and let more people vote.

If i say that the nimbus or power pole can help close the range gap will people have to rethink their votes if they are only based on ruby winning with the range advantage? Or can they keep their votes even if they don't have a Valid argument? I'm only asking a question like this for future reference if someone debunks another persons theory on why someone wins.

Also if they are in character I think ruby would be caught of guard.

One more thing. Can people stop talking about dbz when it's not relevant to the fight?

Maybe, but I think this thread has gone for way too long without solid conclusions. After a while people get burned out.

That doesn't really help him, but if arguments are debunked successfully and unquestionably, then those votes are not valid.

In-character, Ruby would keep at range when it became clear Goku was superior at H2H. Tho Ruby is better at using her weapon then Goku so IDK.

Then again one would likely get caught off guard by a little kid lol.

Alright but before its closed I have one more thing to say. She will be caught off guard because he's a kid. Why would she shoot a kid. That's horrible. Unless he starts whooping her butt she prob won't open fire. That's a significant advantage.

Anyway the OP doesn't state in character so it wouldn't have mattered anyway.

Nice everyone misinterperts what I said. Why am I not suprised. I said that most of the experience/training of the RWBY characters is based on the fact that they`ll primayily fight animal level intelligent monsters, not that they have animal level intelligence. They do have exprience some intelligent enemies, but they are much more trained to fight animal level intelligence.I would have to be pretty dumb to actually says she has animal level intelligence. (More focusing this on you Weekly, since you are part of staff)

Second, your excuse to close this is rather bad. Because Ruby vs Goku is not contreverial in anyway.

And of course this would go nowhere if one of the main arguements is that Goku has basic level karate...

Also, Prgreen, um. And what does Ruby have for her side?

SomebodyData said:
Nice everyone misinterperts what I said. Why am I not suprised. I said that most of the experience/training of the RWBY characters is based on the fact that they`ll primayily fight animal level intelligent monsters, not that they have animal level intelligence. They do have exprience some intelligent enemies, but they are much more trained to fight animal level intelligence.I would have to be pretty dumb to actually says she has animal level intelligence. (More focusing this on you Weekly, since you are part of staff)
Second, your excuse to close this is rather bad. Because Ruby vs Goku is not contreverial in anyway.

And of course this would go nowhere if one of the main arguements is that Goku has basic level karate...

Also, Prgreen, um. And what does Ruby have for her side?
Goku doesn't know karate, he learned the turtle style from Gohan and Roshi. Also I don't think I have the time right now but this fight is VERY close. The people here make good points, Ruby would probably not take Goku seriously at first so she'll be caught off guard.

Yet Goku isn't the type to end a battle quickly so Ruby could catch on and decided to keep her distance. But with speed being equal she won't be able to outrun him forever and will be caught off guard by Goku's power pole.

Young Goku can't use KI instantly like his older self and it'll leave him opened. But he's smart so he might find a way to get rid of Crescent Rose which makes Ruby useless.

But I doubt she'll let him do so that easily.

Goku is more skilled against human opponents that are even more powerful than himself or Ruby. Master Roshi who has hundreds of years training taught Goku and in a few years they were almost equal due to Goku INSANE talent.

If Goku can transformed than it's over for Ruby but I'm sure transforming isn't allowed.

(This fight can go either way for both of them, but I lean slightly towards Goku)

You can discount someones vote only if their stated reasoning is directly and perfectly refuted, such as if they claimed that one character doesn't have the ap to hurt the other at all or something but that is clearly shown to not be the case by feats or calcs, or if they don't give a reason and just state the name of the winner.

If you say 'they can use powerpole and nimbus' after I say 'range advantage' is the majority of my reasoning, I don't have to rush back and defend my position for my vote to count every time someone disagrees. All I have to say, if anything, is "I think that's not enough to deal with the range advantage" or something similar.

This isn't a masters thesis debate where we need to always have a peer approved reference for every opinion we have, and it isn't everyone elses job to defend their opinion from all comers just because someone happens to be particularly enthusiastic about their own stance.

By the way, I don't think that powerpole or nimbus are enough to overcome the range advantage. Even if it helps him out, he will still take too much damage while closing in to be able to win a melee exhange decisively enough to prevent ruby from retreating to distance and starting the kiting all over again until goku eventually falls.

That's my opinion.

Hey. I'm not against your opinion. It's valid. However he would be too fast on the nimbus and she wouldn't hit him. Speed equalized doesn't affect tools.

Also on his way there he could use the power pole to stop ruby from having time to aim effectively at him.

A Hero Long Forgotten said:
Hey. I'm not against your opinion. It's valid. However he would be too fast on the nimbus and she wouldn't hit him. Speed equalized doesn't affect tools.
Also on his way there he could use the power pole to stop ruby from having time to aim effectively at him.
When speed is equalized, everything relating to speed is equalized. Speed,reaction,attack, movement, speed boost. For example, Ruby's gun is equalized to Goku's attack speed since both are used to attack. Second, we have never calced the speed of the nimbus before. It might be faster than whatever speed Goku is, but we don't how much faster. Though since speed is equalized this doesn't really matter.

The probelm with Ruby`s ranged attacks is that Goku will have long enough time to block most of thm with his power pole, as the distance granted means that Goku has enough time to aim dodge or block the attacks. So by the time Goku gets close, Ruby would be getting low on her ammo reserves and Goku would probably beat her h2h

You make it sound like ruby is going yo stand in one place shooting while goku closes the gap, instead of retreating after shots and otherwise keeping her distance. Also if you are expecting ruby to run out of ammo entirely, that's going to be quite a while.

A Sword Dancer, actually thanks to the Flying Nimbus, when she does retreat she would only be decreasing her own stamina and wasting even more ammo.

If by wasting ammo you mean shooting goku with it. Goku doesn't get a free pass on stamina when he's dodging around and trying to block bullets, compared to that pulling a trigger and moving backwards seems more relaxing.

Actually he can just use the nimbus to dodge or spin the power pole to block incoming shots, both which require far less stamina (The former not even requireing stamina) than running and shooting at the same time.

With the AOE explosions of the different kinds of dust, blocking probably won't turn out well for Goku. If he tries blocking some ice dust, for example, he gets frozen. He will have to dodge and that will make him very tired

Silver eyes are the only things that can let ruby freeze things in place, and the guy above brought up the ice dust, which isn't even in ruby's arsenal, only weiss.

But in character, she doesn't use it that much. Also, she'll drain her stamina with evading while goku can chase her with the nimbus cloud.

Goku willl be draining his more by dodging and tanking hits. And Ruby is not an idiot and will switch if neccesary.

Goku doesn't use Nimbus in-character much. It's more like his car then anything else. Tho there have been times he's used it so IDK

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back