• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
They could do much better at showing it if it mattered at all compared to power levels. They just do this sort of lazy thing where everyone moves their hands and feet a bunch until they stop at some point in a power struggle and then either start flurrying again or someone gets knocked into a mountain.

Other series that fight at beyond normal human speed still manage to be intricate and show the technical skill of the fighters, if skill is at all important to the outcome of fights.

Fate for example is full of hypersonic melee fights between various characters and they still show pretty much every individual strike and movement in a way that gives you a clear indication of how skilled and experienced the fighters are, despite them moving at speeds humans already can't track.

Just because dbz characters move faster doesn't mean that this sort of cinimatic time can't be used the same way to show the strikes if skill is indeed something thats on display and relevant to the outcome of fights over raw power and speed, it's already in effect in the first place or we wouldn't be able to see the fights at all.

Just saying this right now, but if we did see every punch / technique, Dragon Ball Z would probably still be going

Basically what he said. Also, I'm pretty sure no one is going to watch a 100 episode fight that fully shows how they move, and counter, cause that would be boring as hell.

Goku has far superior martial arts to ruby theres no denying that, and he has a few nifty moves like the afterimage at this point aswell. this fight will be decided in close range me thinks so I'll also vote goku.

My vote goes to Goku, looking at their pages, Goku and Rose have very similar stats except in striking strength, stamina and range: Striking strength goes to Goku because he while Ruby has Class GJ+, Goku has AT LEAST Class GJ+, which means that Goku probably has more. In range i give it to goku because Multiple Kilometers > Extended melee range with Crescent Rose. Several dozen meters with sniper rifle. In stamina, i am actually confused, but i think that Vastly superhuman > High, so i give this to Goku too. In the end, with all the abilities of goku, the nimbus, him being a prodigy in H2H and, if it's permited and he can actually pull it off, Ozaru, i think that Goku wins this match.

If you're going to argue that goku has moon level range then as per standard battle assumptions the combatants will start at max range - in this case moon range.

Morlock435 said:
Yeah, my vote goes to Ruby due to the range advantage and her dust should give her a pretty noticeable edge against goku. Remember, bullets in RWBY are not regular bullets. Ruby doesn't even have to hit Goku with the ice dust, just near him.
my vote goes for ruby for this reason

WeeklyBattles said:
Ruby with high difficulty, Goku is tough bur her dust ammo gives her a lot of ways to both slow down and damage Goku, as well as increase her speed and unpredictability. Her semblance would allow her to outspeed Goku as well.
change my vote to goku for this reason

and if goku turns into oazaroo

not gonna be hard battle for goku

A side note: the goku at this point and time, no longer has the tail weakness, as it was shown when krillin tried to beat goku by grabbing his tail, but it failed since goku got rid of the weakness in his training.

Is it in character for Ruby to stay faraway or up close? I don't see her beating Goku in a up close fight nor do I see her just running away the entire time.

Prgreeneyes said:
Is it in character for Ruby to stay faraway or up close? I don't see her beating Goku in a up close fight nor do I see her just running away the entire time.
agreed with you

just run for her life

Since this is a speed equalized matchup it probably shouldn't be added to their profiles. Anyways, so speed is equalized no one is blitzing. Strength is about the same, so is durability. So mostly comes down to abilities and such. Yes Goku has his martial arts and chi energy attacks. Ruby's chi can heal her. Dust has a much of different effects like ice,wind,fire,water,lightning,gravity,earth etc. So my vote goes to Ruby.

About Oozaru, Goku would never actually turn into it. His Grandpa told him to explicitly not look at the moon. The only times he turned into Oozaru was when he was tricked or accidentally forced.

I doubt her standard bullets would hurt him that much, and she needs to change her ammo to more damaging bullets which is time you can't waste in a fight against someone of equal speed.

Also Goku's power pole has insane reach and to my knowledge, has never been broken once so it could deflect her bullets.

Prgreeneyes said:
I doubt her standard bullets would hurt him that much, and she needs to change her ammo to more damaging bullets which is time you can't waste in a fight against someone of equal speed.
Her bullets have harmed MCB level monsters, so yeah they would hurt him.

if goku do not gonna turn into aozaroo

his powerpole and skill gonna defeat her

and as far as i see it,ruby make good with her friends,but without her friends i doubt it.

goku with his skill gonna win this fight high difficulty.

my vote on goku.

Foodiefight said:

and as far as i see it,ruby make good with her friends,but without her friends i doubt it.

my vote on goku.
Do you even grammar?

Ruby could dodge that slow ass powerpole.

Ruby is absolutely competent without her team, otherwise she wouldn't have been accepted into beacon, defeated various MCB thugs, defeated Neo and Torchwick, ETC.

What skill? People always say Goku is more skilled without proof

Your vote will not be counted when you give flawed reasoning like this.

BruceTheBatman said:
Foodiefight said:

my vote on goku.
Do you even grammar?

Ruby is absolutely competent without her team, otherwise she wouldn't have been accepted into beacon, defeated various MCB thugs, defeated Neo and Torchwick, ETC.

goku has skill in training with grandpa gohan,goku has been in tournament in his was teen

ruby has defeat lot of enemies,but as i say goku will win high difficulty

Foodiefight said:
goku has skill in training with grandpa gohan,goku has been in tournament in his was teen

Qrow > Grandpa Gohan, and teenagers back at that time were allowed in the budokai tournment so that's not really anything special.

Give. Credible. Reasoning.

Also, again, grammar.

BruceTheBatman said:
Do you even grammar?

Do you even read? It says speed equalized.

I think foodie meant that she is not exactly on par with her teammates

Well a teenage girl that while has trained for most her life, hasn`t had much actual combot experience with intelligent foes (Don`t get me wrong, she is battle smart, but the gap between experience smarter and tougher enemies trumps knowledge of animal level intelligence enemies and teamwork based fighting style when fighting solo)

Well, considering you think that the pole is slow in a speed equalized match, I think your vote won`t be counted as well.

SomebodyData said:
BruceTheBatman said:
Do you even grammar?

Do you even read? It says speed equalized.
I think foodie meant that she is not exactly on par with her teammates

Well a teenage girl that while has trained for most her life, hasn`t had much actual combot experience with intelligent foes (Don`t get me wrong, she is battle smart, but the gap between experience smarter and tougher enemies trumps knowledge of animal level intelligence and teamwork based fighting style when fighting solo)

Well, considering you think that the pole is slow in a speed equalized match, I think your vote won`t be counted as well.
thanks data you know what i mean

Do you even grammar?

And Ruby has training with Uncle Qrow and has been trained since she was a teen as well

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back