• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Honestly, this happens quite a lot to me; a new version of something comes out, and people start talking about it, and I'm just like "meh."

The website censors and kiddifies so much it's actually adorable.

They don't even mention the word "Chaos", only reffering to them as "Forces of Evil" (Yes, really).

Also, a 12 year old Rogue Trader who hates weapons, a 13 year old boy who betrayed the Imperial Guard, and an 11 year Mechanicus Kid who's a tech-heretic. Vs the Necrons

@Azathoth

Look at the Age of Sigmar Kids. One of them uses a slingshot as a weapon, and her backstory is that she was forced to fight on Khornate Barbarian Slave Arenas.

Said Barbarians, going by how they look in the artwork, have no scars or bloodshed, are completely clean shaves, have no mutations, nor any skulls hanging from belts and armour.

KiddyGrimdark
This is the explanation of the setting in the website. Look at it, it's adorable.

"Life in the 41st Millennium is hard"

Understatement of the last 10,000 ******* years.

"Ruled by the Emperor of Mankind from his Golden Throne on Terra"*

Who is apparently not a rotting carcass writhing eternally on a life-support mechanism powered by consumed souls, and is instead alive and well, leading his people!

"hey have achieved so much, from space travel to robotics, and yet billions live in fear."

If by space travel you mean "Opening a gateway to Hell and sailing through another dimension where physics doesn't exist to achieve FTL", and if by robotics you mean "Condemned criminals who are lobotomized and turned into mindless cyborg automatons", then sure.

"The universe seems a dangerous place, teeming with alien horrors and dark powers"

Okay, this part is actually true.

"But it is also a place bristling with adventure and wonder, where battles are won and heroes are forged."

In the Noblebrightness of the Far Future, there is only High Adventure!!!

Matthew Schroeder said:
Look at this.

She was born in the Imperium and is somehow both a xenophile and a pacifist
Cleanse this abomination with Exterminatus.
EXTERMINATUS

BravestOfThemAll
It's amazing how much these profiles (Both the Space Marines and the Necrons') read like Imperial Propaganda. In fact, if they said that these books are supposed to be in-universe children's fiction, I'd stand up on my chair and applaud Games Workshop because that would be absolutely brilliant.

"Sworn defenders of humanity"

Except like, half of them are traitors and the sworn servants of Eldritch Chaos Gods, and half of the loyalist Marines are giant a-holes.

"Space Marines are the ultimate warriors".

Except for like, the dozens of classes of alien and daemonic threats who outclass them on average.

"the Emperor's chainsword-wielding champions are feared and respected throughtout the galaxies"

Imagine a hypothetical conversation:

Mom: What are you reading, little Timmy?
Child: Oh, it's this book. It's called Warhammer, and it's about Power Armoured Super-Soldiers who purge heretics with chainsaws!

"Bravest of all are the heroic Ultramarines."

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFf...

HappyGuilliman

It WOULD be smart for GW to play this like it's all in-universe children stories/propaganda...

...but seeing how it's GW we're talking about, I, honestly, don't expect that to happen.

I can only think of all the other things GW could be doing with the amount effort they're going to have to put into editing and censoring all this...

IT is a separate team and the two books are already written, both by one guy. They are large enough for this. In fact, they've never have such a rapid pace production like they're actually having right now.

I have mostly a passing knowledge of WH40K. I've read of it & its lore, & watched like, the 1st 20 episodes or episodes of If The Emperor Had A Text to Speech Device, but I don't remember it well.

Talen's backstory mentions a toy soldier

The Imperium of Man has toys?

@Matthew Schroeder: What are the inconsistencies with "Skellecron"? I don't know the Necrons that well, but am eager to learn.

In any case, I wonder what will become of the Chaos Gods.

Also, I don't like to imagine Slaanesh offering drugs & other such things typically illegal for children, but I do speculate about what else Slaanesh would do, especially a "kid friendly" version.

"Hey, kids! Try all these new snacks & games! Really real VR combat!! Parties! Light shows!! SUGAR HIGH EVERRRRRYYYY DAYYYY!!!"

Then again, Slaanesh probably does all that already, being that they do all things sensory & emotional, all the time, no? Good & ba-

....Wait, wouldn't that mean Slaanesh also encourages kids to go emo & slit their wrists?

Last edited:
Back