• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
No, now that Kaltias pointed that out I seriously have to ask how does one gain Universal Durability via regen.

FateAlbane said:
No, now that Kaltias pointed that out I seriously have to ask how does one gain Universal Durability via regen.
Being able to regen from universe level damage

I mean, they can keep regenerating, sure. Doesn't mean you actually need to be powerful enough to damage THE UNIVERSE to damage them in turn.

He almost certainly wouldn't since Kharn would just use Gorechild for that.

Forgive me, but Im misunderstanding something. Arent you saying that Khorne wouldnt negate regen?

@Azzy Except the erasure of timelines in which 682 dies has been observed by Extratemporal Site 000, and they dont say that the universe goes away over time, they just describe it as going away as though it never existed

WeeklyBattles said:
Being able to regen from universe level damage
No? They were still rekt by the damage, but regenerated.

By that reasoning any Low-Godly regenerator and above (actually even some High regenerator depending on the circumstance) would have Universal durability.

And things waaaay below in scale than Universal damaged 682, he simply regenerated, adapted later.

Oh, alright... then... what level of regen does Khorne see as "fair"? I can see Kharn having Low-mid, for whatever that's worth.

@Weekly

First of all, that isn't a direct statement that's made. Second, part of the reason they know it's 682 in the first place was because they realized there weren't any timelines without 682 or life.

They can regenerate, doesn't mean they won't be damaged by stuff lower than universal because they can regenerate from stuff worse than that. That Universal durability there is ellusive.

PaChi2 said:
Oh, alright... then... what level of regen does Khorne see as "fair"? I can see Kharn having Low-mid, for whatever that's worth.
I don't think it's too high on his list of priorities.

The thing is that regen isn't durability. Durability is the strongest punch that you can take without being obliterated. If the punch obliterated you, but you regenerated from it, this isn't durability. Also because all the "godly" regenerators can safely survive hits from Amitabha. Doesn't mean that they are 3-A

Kaltias said:
The thing is that regen isn't durability. Durability is the strongest punch that you can take without being obliterated. If the punch obliterated you, but you regenerated from it, this isn't durability. Also because all the "godly" regenerators can safely survive hits from Amitabha. Doesn't mean that they are 3-A
/\ This. So much this. Though more like strongest you can take without being damaged.

That Universal durability thing should be removed.

Then... since Kharn lacks aoe, couldnt 682 keep regenerating until Kharn's stamina goes down?

@PaChi2 Kharn has fought for thousands of years, and according to what Azzy said in the other thread the Gorechild can eat up intangible essences so it covers the regen, no?

@PaChi2

I don't know why AoE would matter. He still has range, and is one of those rare characters who doesn't need to completely destroy 682 to kill it.

I'm also pretty sure his stamina is virtually limitless. He hasn't stopped his campaign of slaughter in 10,000 years.

I mean, yes, the battle would last eternally.

I thought 682 was a souless-lizard with universal constant thingy. So I would really like to know hiw good is the Gorechild's essence eating abilities, not a description, but feats (I have already read gorechilds description several times). If possible, please.

PaChi2 said:
I mean, yes, the battle would last eternally.
I thought 682 was a souless-lizard with universal constant thingy. So I would really like to know hiw good is the Gorechild's essence eating abilities, not a description, but feats (I have already read gorechilds description several times). If possible, please.
Previous thread...

Azathoth:

In case anyone wants examples of Gorechild murking incorporeal daemons from another realm;

"The Betrayer advanced upon the throne. It pulsed enticingly before him. Within its multiple facets he thought he saw the face of a beautiful woman, the most beautiful he head ever seen ― and the most evil. Her hair was long and golden, and her eyes were blue. Her lips were full and red and the small, white fangs that protruded from her mouth in no way marred her perfection. She looked at Kh├órn beseechingly, and he knew at once he was face to face with the Daemon trapped within the Heart of Desire.

Welcome, Khârn, a seductive voice said within his head. 'I knew you would triumph. I knew you would be the conqueror. I knew you would be my new master.

The voice was thrilling. By comparison, the cult leader's voice had been but a pale echo. But the voice was also deceptive. Proud as he was, mighty as he knew himself to be, Khârn knew that no man could truly be the master of a daemon, not even a fallen Space Marine like himself. He knew that his soul was once more in peril, that he should do something. But yet again, he found himself enthralled by the persuasiveness of a Slaanesh worshipper's voice. 'Be seated! Become the new ruler of this world, then go forth and blast those meddlesome interlopers from the face of your planet.'

Khârn fought to hold himself steady while the throne pulsed hypnotically before him, and the smell of heavy musk filled his nostrils. He knew that once he sat he would be trapped, just as the daemon was trapped. He would become a slave to the thing imprisoned within the throne. His will would be drained and he would be a decadent and effete shadow of the Khârn he had once been. Yet his limbs began to move almost of their own accord, his feet slowly but surely carrying him towards the throne.

Once more, visions of an eternity of corrupt pleasure danced in Khârn's mind. Once more he saw himself indulging in every excess. The daemon promised him every ecstasy imaginable and it was well within its power to grant such pleasures. He knew it would be a simple thing for him to triumph on its behalf. All he had to do was step outside and announce that he had destroyed the Heart of Desire. He was Khârn. He would be believed, and after that it would be a simple matter to lure the Khorne worshipers to ecstatic service or joyful destruction. And did they not deserve it? Already he was known as the Betrayer, when all he had done was be more loyal to his god than the spineless weaklings he had slaughtered. And with that the daemon's voice fell silent and the visions stopped, as if the thing in the throne had realized its mistake, but too late.

For Khârn was loyal to Khorne and there was only room for that one thing within his savage heart. He had betrayed and killed his comrades in the World Eaters because they had not remained true to Khorne's ideals and would have fled from the field of battle without either conquering or being destroyed. The reminder gave him strength. He turned and looked back at the room. The reek of blood and dismembered bodies filled his nostrils like perfume. He remembered the joy of the combat. The thrill of overcoming his former comrades. He looked out on a room filled with corpses and a floor carpeted with blood. He was the only living thing here and he had made it so. He realized that, compared to this pleasure, this sense of conquest and victory, what the daemon offered was only a pale shadow. Khârn turned and brought Gorechild smashing down upon the foul throne. His axe howled thirstily as it drank deep of the ancient and corrupt soul imprisoned within.
" - The Wrath of Khâr

Why would it be restricted? Its the thing that gives 682 Low-Godly regen and doesnt affect its AP or powers in any way

It is restricted, my dude, just like Reinhard being incapable of dying as long as Mercurius is alive isn't used for 3D Reinhard matches.

This is how we do things here.

Reinhard, Emperor, etc...

We had this discussion in the previous thread. He's not keeping 11-D properties while in 3-D.

Same way God Emprah has his mid-godly scaled down to a level where he his legitimately killable despite the Warp

not gonna lie, it still states "soul", something the scp lacks.

But I dont know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back