• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Kiara Sessyoin vs the Daughters of Oryx

Wokistan

Bioluminescent African American Working At The CIA
VS Battles
Administrator
Calculation Group
Human Resources
Kiara Sessyoin 2
Deathsinger twins
Oryx is too ridiculous for matches but maybe his kids can get some

Speed Equal

4-B versions

Only fighting one Deathsinger

Fight takes place in Ravnica, but they have a portal to the daughter's throne world for some reason

The Daughters of Oryx:

Kiara Sessyoi:

Inconclusive:

I like how they're merged in one pic lmao

I heard Kiara's got some sort of passive boner manip based on my Calypso vs Kiara thread, how do they deal with that? Btw it incaps

From what I heard it's passive planetary mind hax when someone thinks something positive about Kiara.

The hive concept of "love" includes killing your loved ones btw. Oryx was very proud of Crota when Crota bit his head off.

I heard that it doesn't have to be love to activate Kiara's mind hax. Not that it matters since the daughters of Oryx resists it.

Since the daughters start with BFR, power null and death songs, I'm not sure there will be a moment for them to think anything positive about Kiara though.

The BFR/null is weird, more akin to forcing the opponent into an intangible state where they can't interact with anything else. It disabled the PC's abilities when used.

They start off by casting that and singing.

If it isn't passive, it needs to be her opening move if she wishes to win.

Sir Ovens said:
If it isn't passive, it needs to be her opening move if she wishes to win.
How good is their resistence to void manip? Since I asked one of the experts on the beasts that I know and they said her openning move is Heaven's Hole. Also, she resists death manip anyway, so I don't think the songs will work.

That sort of acausaliry is one of the ones that negs fate by default.

Their deathsongs are more powerful than Crota's words which made the concept of death crumble so I doubt that Kiara's resistance is enough.

"Paracausality", as it's referred to in destiny, has let people just outright ignore stuff bound by causal systems and counteracted fate manip and the technologies of the Vex. Some people like Oryx go even further beyond and end up with outright type 5, but most of the paracausals are 4.

Type 4s would include most powerful guardians, average hive gods (like these two), probably Callus, possibly some very special vex (pretty much all of the Vex are type 3 though, down to the grunts).

Type 5 is basically just Oryx, the Darkness, the PC, the Traveller, and possibly Savathun (Oryx's sister who seems to have taken the remnant power left behind with his death).

Also yeah the daughters themselves weaved and unwove axioms defining the entire ascendant plane. Given that their death songs are called the hyms of weaving and unweaving respectively, pretty sure it's safe to say that it's through death. Anuk was trying to figure out how to kill truths like Oryx did, and Oryx took her attempt seriously enough to praise her/threaten to kill her (which is still praise by hive standards).

Edit: Looks like Anuk figured it out. As for another thing, they can stop the Rez of sunsingers. To preface, there is a Vex mind called the Gorgon. Gorgons have the power to determine what is and is not real within the VOG. If they decide you don't exist, you're erased in totality across the VoG and history, with memories of you even being lost. The VoG consists of multiple timelines intersecting on this small area of realspace in which the Vex have basically achieved their goal. Ultimately they want to extrapolate this hegemony over reality to everything.

This normally forces a wipe, the ghost can't save you from that. However, Sunsingers self Rez will let you come back, which is a really good level of mid godly. Sunsingers can't rez against the death songs.

Fate stuff shouldn't matter here. That's Moon Cell Kiara who can make it so any possibility, no matter how infinitesimally possible, comes to pass through the power of the Moon Cell, but this is Beast Servant Kiara.

Wok, would you say the sisters are considered enlightened ones? One of Kiara's skills powernulls those recognized as saints or enlightened ones, along with just massively plummeting the resistance of all targets and dramatically boosting any skills that empower her. And Logos Eater, which further brings damage bonuses to her against any target with intelligence and the ability to experience pleasure.

Her NP also plays the nullification, rendering those drawn in as powerless as newborns.

I don't know what an "enlightened one" is, sorry. They resist guardian power null and their law makes a lot of stuff hard, but guardian power null is basic and you do end up defeating them by stealing their own power and shooting them to death.

Wont respond for a while gotta go to my classes

Enlightened is not directly defined either, but it's supposed to counteract people like Saver, who is Buddha pretty much, and such ilk. Granted is not likely to matter much, but still.

Kiara should totally drop from the Deathsong though, she hasn't resisted anything on that level.

Good luck at classes.

The daughters aren't really a buddha style figure, no.

Bump

Judging from what Saver considers enlightenment, basically letting your survive his attack, if they have a particularly strong conviction that can also apply, or something like that. How strong is their conviction?

They are vivid followers of the Sword Logic so they would probably count then. Would this power nullification be able to bypass their law manipulation though?

First off, judging from the profile, it doesn't even seem like their law hax can be used in the way you describe. Second, authority as law hax and reality warping are hard to put a specific tier at

Not really sure what you mean by conviction.

The law manip is the reason that they're immune to everything to begin with. They also resist power null.

ok fine

how is she going to get past their type 9 imortality while most of her hax are practicly usless due to the type 4 Acausality that makes her fate manip pointless and type 2 concept monip that makes most of her other hax rather useless

and the fact that the daugthers also have all the hax she has and then some

Back