• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Keyblade list of powers revision

Bobsican

He/Him
Okay, so I've noticed that plenty of KH pages have a ton of redundantly listed powers when that can be standarized by just listing "Standard Keyblade powers plus..." or so, but before being able to do that some things need to be cleaned up from the Keyblade profile to keep it consistent for this kind of purpose, the following powers should be removed:

Power of Waking (Aka, Causality Manip):
Only Sora, Riku, Mickey, Xehanort, Yen Sid and Master of Masters should get the Power of Waking respectively

Light and Darkness Manip: A Keyblade generally can manipulate either light or darkness, although cases where both is the case (Sora, Roxas, Riku...) aren't unheard of, but as this can't be standarized for all cases, it would be best to be removed and just be listed manually case by case.

After these revisions are concluded I would like to propose to change the formatting of all Keyblade Wielders (Bar Manga Sora) to have their Powers and Abilities section like "Standard Keyblade powers, (more unique abilities then the resistances)" and so on for each page

The Keyblade has Statistics Amplification based on Keychains but not every Keyblade Wielder has been demonstrated to have multiple Keychains. How do we handle that?

Well, each (usable) Keyblade naturally has one Keychain, so there's no issue there, respectively.
The only exception is the Keyblade of Heart, but that one is special enought to deserve its own profile if anything.

Well, each (usable) Keyblade naturally has one Keychain, so there's no issue there, respectively.
The only exception is the Keyblade of Heart, but that one is special enought to deserve its own profile if anything.
Okay.

I'm ok with this. I'm also kind of excited to see a new Keyblade profile. But I believe the Keyblade profile can have both Light and Darkness in the powers and abilities sections but in a specific form (like Light Manipulation/Darkness Manipulation) and explain a Keyblade can channel the power of both but most wielders use only one of them out of a particular affinity.

This seems uncontroversial to apply.

I'm ok with this. I'm also kind of excited to see a new Keyblade profile. But I believe the Keyblade profile can have both Light and Darkness in the powers and abilities sections but in a specific form (like Light Manipulation/Darkness Manipulation) and explain a Keyblade can channel the power of both but most wielders use only one of them out of a particular affinity.
That seems best, yes
I'll apply the changes in a few days.

Tell us here when you are done and I should close this thread.

Well, I still need a list of the KH pages that currently have Causality Manip listed to remove it from the cases that shouldn't have it anymore.
Category Intersection is dead, and I don't know how to use the Dynamic Page List from what I've tested.

Alright, just from my limited info I can agree on the revisions, though with how many universal powers the Keyblade grants, it may be more practical to give Keyblade Wielders a verse-specific Powers and Abilities page rather than a weapon page for Keyblades themselves (Akin to something like Servant Physiology). This also lets the profiles be a bit less cluttered and might help them feel less similar.

TBH I'd be willing to reformate the page as a verse-specific power given a Keyblade is tied to the user, but currently the page does the job as is, however (for example "standard Keyblade powers, etc"), but I'll keep that in mind for a future CRT.

Back