• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Kenganverse Discussion Thread Omega/2

wlR_8HB3PWCqELnUXEBV6pU68OL_KiZKPAk3MRSwpco.png

Ngl the omakes of Kengan was really amazing. It expanded on characters even more on a universe that already has so much engaging characters.

LETS ******* GOOOOOOOOOOO

Lookism and Kengan be hype rn.
NO MORE JOBBING RIHITO!!!
IT'S TIME TO WIN!!!

Seriously though I hope he actually wins now.
Against Koga too but I'm not holding out on that.

Is this thread still alive? I have a question, why are Fist of the Seeker characters still in 8-C? They're scaled from Cosmo and other Ashura fighters, they should be 8-B by now.

Our profiles are terrible and outdated right now. That’s really it. the FOTS profiles must be so outdated they actually manage to miss the first round of upgrades that happened a long ass time ago.

Just found something I thought was kinda kewl on my reread

Kaneda even Pre-KAT is able to figure out someone's fighting style via reading the opponent's center of gravity. So, some form of minor info analysis me thinks?

I think that's a less valid example? He said he'd conducted prior training/research to analyze Gaolong.

Me and Gin are planning to do a thread update soon.
This will greatly improve the balance in the verse.

Although we still need the feat 8-C for low-tiers

Low-tiers already scale to 9-A, we don't need a Tier 8 calc for them. It's high-tier scaling that needs the calc.

Mid tiers will be scaled to High 8-C via Karo.
Low levels should not be ten times weaker, as they still have the scaling chain.

I mean if their ten times weaker their ten times weaker-

We can’t like…magically pull an 8-C feat out of the air, if it doesn’t exist. I’d argue their are low tiers who legitimately have no reason to scale to mid tiers regardless-

I mean if their ten times weaker their ten times weaker-

We can’t like…magically pull an 8-C feat out of the air, if it doesn’t exist. I’d argue their are low tiers who legitimately have no reason to scale to mid tiers regardless-
On this site we can often see downscales of characters.
I think it will be more justified than a difference of tens or hundreds of times when the characters are somehow able to bleed each other

I’m fine with downscaling, but we shouldn’t arbitrarily downscale because we think a character SHOULD be able to harm someone else.

Especially because Karo is explicitly portrayed as being a powerhouse physically, due to having the same abnormally developed trunk Adam has. To the point where it was implied he could one-shot Saw with one of his attacks, if it hand landed anywhere but his head.

We shouldn’t assume that say…Kaneda, Lihito, or Inaba could downscale from any feat he does.

I’m fine with downscaling, but we shouldn’t arbitrarily downscale because we think a character SHOULD be able to harm someone else.

Especially because Karo is explicitly portrayed as being a powerhouse physically, due to having the same abnormally developed trunk Adam has. To the point where it was implied he could one-shot Saw with one of his attacks, if it hand landed anywhere but his head.

We shouldn’t assume that say…Kaneda, Lihito, or Inaba could downscale from any feat he does.
I'll correct the calculations now, but Karo will be High 8-C +, and closer to the baseline 8-B.
So I suggest scaling the low-tiers down to the High 8-C baseline.

I'll correct the calculations now, but Karo will be High 8-C +, and closer to the baseline 8-B.
So I suggest scaling the low-tiers down to the High 8-C baseline.
That's... weird? We have no reason to scale low-tiers to High 8-C when we have no real reason. Just use my 9-A calc for low-tier scaling.

gonna be frank. Part of the reason our Kengan profiles have always been bad is because we make WAYYY too many assumptions with our scaling.

if low tiers haven’t shown that they can match the power of a mid tier, either by fighting them or displaying comparable strength. Then we shouldn’t scale them. Just straight up. None of this presumed downscaling nonsense-

Hard agree.

Instead of down scaling, just use already established calcs for low-tier scaling. We have a 9-B and a 9-A calc which scales to a very large portion of low-tier characters that we can use instead of needlessly down scaling characters to baseline High 8-C for legitimately no reason.

Back