• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Kengan Powers and abilities thread #1: Tokita Ohma

These should be relatively simple threads to pass by, I'll be starting off with the Powers and abilities for each character, starting off with the MC himself Tokita Ohma.

For starters Ohma should receive the following Chi / Energy Manipulation and Attack Reflection added to his momentum manipulation via the Redirection Kata. The Momentum manipulation only makes a minor part of the Redirection Kata. The Momentum Manipulation is for disorienting the opponents foot work and deflecting blows away like Flowing Edge and a Change of Scenery.

Reflects Adam's attack back at him, And here In his first fight

Ohma can directly manipulation the flow of power, Which is basically chi

The next ability Ohma should get is limited Resistance to Analytical Prediction via Swimming Swallow. Swimming Swallow is a technique that allows Ohma to deliver, Unpredictable volly of blows and change the trajectory of each attack

Next up is Instinctive Reactions and possibly Imagination Realization? Not sure how to classify the other part but at the bare minimum it's IR and something else. Ohma's body is able to react by itself, And it works subconsciously. The Imagination Realization part comes from Ohma somehow being able to turn his imaginary training into real shit

Demonsbane should also get "enhanced Attack Reflection." Since this reflection is drastically superior to the Redirection Kata's, is executed via a Formless countering making it dangerous to even those who have precog and adding his own power to the attack reflection. Ohma's Water Kata should also be noted under his Damage Reduction since it allows the user to go limp like water to disperse the shock of attacks.

Also to elaborate, Yamashita was the one who made the unpredictable statement, who has the Fist eye giving him lots of Analytical observation, so it's not a hyperbole. The Attack Reflection and Instinctive reactions are pretty self evident.

After looking over it twice, I can confidently say I agree with the OP, though I think “enhanced AR” for Demonsbane is arbitrary. It should just be classified as AR, but the additional effects should be listed somewhere on profile if they aren’t already in my opinion.

Well, seems like they missed the notification so here goes again: @ShiroyashaGinSan @Xulrev

Anyway, I agree with the evidences shown for Attack Reflection and Instinctive Reaction. I don't really think we have or give a certain power for image training.

For the chi manipulation, I think the scan could simply mean he was throwing off the physical flow of his power.

And for resistance to analytical prediction, I don't think just rushing your opponent with disarrayed movements is enough to grant that. Literally every martial artist or many fighting characters can make changes in their fighting styles so that the opponent is not able to predict them.

The Resistance to Analytical Prediction would be limited in nature, but it's legitimate considering the statement was made by Yamashita Kazou, who has something called "The Fist Eye" an extreme analysis ability that allows the user to predict and analyze. Kandea also wasn't able to keep track of the attack, it also only works on lower levels of AP since Kuroki's and Kanoh's foresight are vastly superior to Kandea and Kazzy's.

I got it working, but it simply would not let me log in. I got my account locked with 'wrong password' issues even though I have my passwords saved on my phone, and had to reset the password, and it locked again.

It was just exasperating

The next ability Ohma should get is limited Resistance to Analytical Prediction via Swimming Swallow.
I take issue only with this from the OP. Kuroki absolutely smacks down this technique from Ohma, and if someone with Analytical Prediction defeats an attack, im very iffy on granting it even limited resistance.

I 99% concur with everything else, that 1% being my positing that Attack Reflection apply only to Demonsbane

Kuroki's Foresight is several grades above Kaneda's so that's why Kuroki was able to lay the smack down on Ohma unfortunately, so that resistance would only work on low levels of Analytical Prediction.

While true, Kaneda never failed to grasp the ability, so you can't use it as a frame of reference here

His foresight at the bare minimum was 10 moves ahead, so I think it's fair to add a "possible" resistance to AP since the proof is there but somewhat ambiguous

I got it working, but it simply would not let me log in. I got my account locked with 'wrong password' issues even though I have my passwords saved on my phone, and had to reset the password, and it locked again.

It was just exasperating
I hope it is working fine now?

Xulrev made a good point against resistance to analytical prediction. So that leaves us with Instinctive Reactions for Ohma and Attack Reflection for Demonsbane that are unanimously accepted?

What has been accepted by consensus can be applied as far as I am concerned.

Xulrev never commented on Kazzy's Observation since hes the one who made the statement.
What is there to comment upon? Kazzy doesn't have his Observation trained remotely whatsoever at this point in the story. And Kaneda never interacts with Ohma's abilities in an analytical sense.

I don't recall Kazzy's Observation / Analytical Prediction ever getting better or more accurate in the series? Kazzy's AP is granted by his Fist eye, it's something that's genetic and inherent, even in the beginning of the KAT tournament Yamashita's Observations were very accurate.

Kandea was there to view and spectate all of Ohma's fights, the two don't fight directly but considering Kaneda doesn't need to be fighting in order to use his AP I'd say it's just as valid.

I've added limited Attack Reflection to the Redirection Kata, Instinctive Reaction and added the Water Kata to his damage reduction section.

Okay. Thank you.

Is there anything else left to do here?

Back