• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

kengan ashura speed upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, and before anyone says anything, just let me talk for a moment, ok? It's not much.
Carlos mendel stated that the punches of Gaolang can go at light speed,but then Carlos said he is faster than light,carlos even mentions that light is slower than him(he mentions that light is something like a feather)to''light''for him.

I'm sorry, I had to do it, after all light and ''ligero''read the same way.
now, you will say,is just a hyperbole from carlos,he's just exaggerating himself to say he's faster.
and well, it would be true,At the climax of the fight against Gaolang, using God Glow was stated by the narrator himself to exceed the speed of light.
So trying to say that it was hyperbole won't do because even the narrator himself (the all-knowing one) said that gaolang is capable of going faster than light(using God Glow)
obviously everyone who scales them will be FTL (and obviously ohma with advance will be 5 times faster)
good bye.

It's just flowery language and hyperboles. Nowhere else are there lightspeed statements, and it wouldn't even make sense contextually.

It's just flowery language and hyperboles. Nowhere else are there lightspeed statements, and it wouldn't even make sense contextually.
Why? If it already explains why it is not, besides that at no time in the series was anything said about the speed of sound or lightning, they only said things like,he is faster or i can't see him.
nothing about speed.

also that kengan is not like baki who is going to tell you when it is a hyperbole, when they tell you something, they mean it.

Idk too much about the verse, some statements seem hyperbolic but some are also just clear cut statements. Unless there are contradictions to SOL then I don’t see an issue

I have to say these statements seem pretty blatant on their own. What does the verse have to contradict this?

I have to say these statements seem pretty blatant on their own. What does the verse have to contradict this?

that a speed is never mentioned and we make calculations that will later be smaller or larger. for instance: in jujutsu kaisen there is a statement that some characters do not go beyond sonic speed. despite the fact that there are calculations of more than 30 times faster than sound.
in sonic is stated that sonic is faster than light,and there is feats that are millions of times faster than only 1 or 2 times FTL.

in steven universe it was said that gems could not go faster than light, and there are like many faster than light feats (dodging laser beams, lapis going to homeworld that is in another galaxy, diamonds launching an attack from homeworld and rose reacting to it)naruto characters being FTL,but there is like a lot of staments of characters being FTL(haku light speed,mifune light speed,the light thing of madara,etc.)
and the calculated ''feats'' are barely massively hypersonic.
sometimes the calculations can be smaller or larger depending on the verse and staments,normally it will be contradicted,and that's is a problem.
we are assuming that our calculations are valid when they are only valid until something else is said.

Um, I'm not sure exactly what you're saying Alexander. I was just asking what exactly exist in-verse to contradict these statements, since @InfiniteDay seems to believe there is something.

Um, I'm not sure exactly what you're saying Alexander. I was just asking what exactly exist in-verse to contradict these statements, since @InfiniteDay seems to believe there is something.
oh, sorry, but there is really nothing that contradicts this idea, because as I said, they don't mention a specific speed in the verse, if they did it would have already been put on the profiles

Perhaps the fact that the fastest feat in the verse is Supersonic at the very peak and no calculations or feats have shown to go over that.

The meer fact that normal people can witness the fights going on shows that it absolutely isn't lightspeed.

Everything here is just flowery language and no fight or feat in Kengan supports it.

Carlos says that Gaolang's jab is "lightspeed", but then uses his jab and says "but I am faster than light".

This is literally just a hyperbole to show that Carlos is faster than Gaolang.

Everything else in the fight talking about light is just making a reference to it. It's telling that no other fight uses that terminology in the entire series.

Also, Gaolang being able to punch 15 times a second (which gives the verse the Supersonic rating) is the single fastest feat we have.

Perhaps the fact that the fastest feat in the verse is Supersonic at the very peak and no calculations or feats have shown to go over that.

The meer fact that normal people can witness the fights going on shows that it absolutely isn't lightspeed.

Everything here is just flowery language and no fight or feat in Kengan supports it.

Carlos says that Gaolang's jab is "lightspeed", but then uses his jab and says "but I am faster than light".

Everything else in the fight talking about light is just making a reference to it. It's telling that no other fight uses that terminology in the entire series.

Also, Gaolang being able to punch 15 times a second (which gives the verse the Supersonic rating) is the single fastest feat we have.
ok now we are right.
1. carlos was not the only one who said that, the narrator also said it
2. that has nothing to do with it, the same happens with dragon ball, and many other animes (with baki included)
3. specifically where it was said,before the gaolang vs carlos,or after.

Cool, when does this fight happen in the series? And the lack of calcs or other feats don't go against this unless they do something to directly contradict it. I'm looking for contradictions or context that makes these statements not work.
Eh, since its fiction that isn't the best support against it. Are people able to see their punches as they're thrown or stuff like that, or are they just able to see the results of the fight?
I do need scans and examples that go against this. Not just your word.
Not a contradiction by itself, since this is the feat in question.

Okay, scans please. Of any of this, cause you're talking to me like I've read this series and not providing any sources for your stuff. Without that I don't have much reason to disagree with the pretty blatant scans provided by Alex.
Is Gaolang considered the fastest character in verse? Was this his max capability? I need context and scans of this as well.

Is Gaolang considered the fastest character in verse? Was this his max capability? I need context and scans of this as well.
Gaolang is not the fastest character in kengan,there are characters that are even faster (some can match advance, which can increase abilities 5 times)

Cool, when does this fight happen in the series? And the lack of calcs or other feats don't go against this unless they do something to directly contradict it. I'm looking for contradictions or context that makes these statements not work.
Kengan Omega, which is the sequel to Kengan Ashura. My whole point is that even if we were to take these seriously, it would be completely outliers.
Eh, since its fiction that isn't the best support against it. Are people able to see their punches as they're thrown or stuff like that, or are they just able to see the results of the fight?
People in Ashura and Omega are actively capable of watching the fight, such as in this scene.
I do need scans and examples that go against this. Not just your word.
I'm... not sure how I provide scans for the entirety of the series. You can check the blog posts of the speed feats for yourself, but I'm not realistically capable of doing that.
Not a contradiction by itself, since this is the feat in question.
It's not a contradiction, it's quite blatantly a hyperbole.
Okay, scans please. Of any of this, cause you're talking to me like I've read this series and not providing any sources for your stuff. Without that I don't have much reason to disagree with the pretty blatant scans provided by Alex.
Once again, your asking me for scans for the entirety of the series. This is not feasibly possible. If you want an example, Kuroki trained his Foresight by blocking a bullet that was coming straight for him. The problem is that he had to use Foresight (basically seeing ahead) to block the bullet or he would have died. Inaba can block slower bullets coming from far longer distances with their hair, but the result was only Subsonic+. It is also to be noted Kuroki is the peak of the verse.

Gaolang is not the fastest, but characters faster than him do not and have not performed feats anywhere even remotely close.

the problem is that carlos's light speed was mentioned several times as light speed, even light speed by the narrator. And as I said, when did that Kuroki thing happen?

the problem is that carlos's light speed was mentioned several times as light speed, even light speed by the narrator. And as I said, when did that Kuroki thing happen?
The Kuroki feat was during Kengan Ashura. No noticeable upgrades in speed have happened in Omega.

As i've explained, everything is either Carlos using hyperboles as a comparison or the narrator repeating Carlos's hyperboles because it's a theme of the fight.

Honestly, i'm going to @LordGinSama on this thread, considering he can make better arguments than me.

The Kuroki feat was during Kengan Ashura. No noticeable upgrades in speed have happened in Omega.

As i've explained, everything is either Carlos using hyperboles as a comparison or the narrator repeating Carlos's hyperboles because it's a theme of the fight.

Honestly, i'm going to @LordGinSama on this thread, considering he can make better arguments than me.

proof that the narrator says hyperboles?
Besides, as I said, it's fiction and the rules will always be passed.
a character can jump tiers at once,even in time skips

proof that the narrator says hyperboles?
Besides, as I said, it's fiction and the rules will always be passed.
a character can jump tiers at once,even in time skips
It's one of your own scans. "A fist that surpasses light, and enters the domain of the divine" is clearly just flowery language meant to show how fast his punch is.

Goofy Ass thread.

Carlos himself has routinely shown himself to be both incredibly arrogant, and prone to using flowery language to describe himself.

"My strikes can even kill a god" is a prime example of this. Man likes to wank himself when he fights, he shouldn't legitimately be taken seriously.

The narrator himself is also using flowery language here. The whole mention of the phrase "Enters the divine" should be proof enough that what they're saying is just additional flowery language to hype up the move itself.

Additionally, as Infiniteday has mentioned, literally nothing else in the verse supports this. Here are all the relevant speed calcs, for the people who don't know.

I don't mean to be rude but like, the idea of upgrading a big chunk of the verse to thousands of times faster than any other feat they've showcased, because of two or three flowery statements, is pretty damn crazy.

Yeah definitely disagree with using the light speed statements, even ignoring that it's a blatant hyperbole it'd be a massive outlier for the verse. The next best thing we have is Ryuki dodging point blank shot guns blasts and Ohma & Rolon breaking the sound barrier with their attacks.

I'd like for this thread to be closed as I plan on handling speed for the verse later.

Yeah definitely disagree with using the light speed statements, even ignoring that it's a blatant hyperbole it'd be a massive outlier for the verse. The next best thing we have is Ryuki dodging point blank shot guns blasts and Ohma & Rolon breaking the sound barrier with their attacks.

I'd like for this thread to be closed as I plan on handling speed for the verse later.
How fast is that anyway? The shot gun dodging?

ah ok thanks,but I guess you already know that obviously this is not mine and someone else did it right?like most things i do (except be myself)

ah ok thanks,but I guess you already know that obviously this is not mine and someone else did it right?like most things i do (except be myself)
Stare_%28hat%29.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back