• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Wokistan

Bioluminescent African American Working At The CIA
VS Battles
Administrator
Calculation Group
Human Resources
Kelsier has all the metals he's actually used, but not an unlimited supply. Assume he's actually figured out how Duralium works by now.

Pilot has:

• Primary: R97
  • Secondary: Wingman Elite
  • Anti-Titan: Charge Rifle (can be restricted if it becomes an issue, due to being 9-A)
  • Ordinance: Satchel Charge (again can be changed, due to being 9-A)
  • Kit: Phase Shift
  • Dead Hand and Fast Healing perks (Ordinance explodes when the Pilot dies, Fast Healing is self explanatory)
Speed Unequal

Fighting here, start 100m apart

Kelsier: 1 (PapiSavitar5025)

Pilot (Titanfall):

Inconclusive:

Honestly, I think I'd have to go with Kelsier for this one. Having Atium and Duralumin gives him an immense advantage, Atium allows him to see through all of the pilots attacks and with Duralumin he could (arguably) either push the entire Titan over or just redirect the large shells it fires back at with Atium allowing him to see and counter every move it could do. I know its says he doesn't have an unlimited amount but Metal reserves last hours at a time, and if he has at least two pairs of each metal he has a very good chance at winning this.

Atium doesn't generally last hours, though. I should probably specify an amount for that, but there was also that one time where Vin beat out Zane who was burning it without even using any of her own through sheer skill, and idk if he would be able to predict the actions of a phase shifted pilot.

The pilot isn't in a Titan here.

Wokistan said:
Atium doesn't generally last hours, though. I should probably specify an amount for that, but there was also that one time where Vin beat out Zane who was burning it without even using any of her own through sheer skill, and idk if he would be able to predict the actions of a phase shifted pilot.
The pilot isn't in a Titan here.
Oh, the pilot isn't? Then definetly Kelsier. Any weapons the guy pulls out can just be thrown back into his face allowing Kelsier to come in and oneshot him with a punch or just impale him.

Kelsier sorta has the AP disadvantage here, and phase shift allows the pilot to get out of a steel push/ironpull. If I gave the pilot a different tactical Kelsier would have a much easier time though.

Wokistan said:
Kelsier sorta has the AP disadvantage here, and phase shift allows the pilot to get out of a steel push/ironpull. If I gave the pilot a different tactical Kelsier would have a much easier time though.
True, But even then Kelsier can just pull him right back into one if need be. Atium would probably last long enough through the fight and I'd bet he'd start using it the moment projectiles moving faster than he could see started zipping through the air.

There's also how to steel push/ironpull you throw your own weight into the metal you want to act on. Pilots can carry around more than their body weight in gear already and easily withstand the forces that exerts on them while they move. Some of the guns are quite heavy, and between that and their better lifting strength I don't think he can just instantly disarm here against a foe who has dealt with higher planetary gravity and gravity stars and the like, at least without a duralium push which exhausts all his resources. If he can react or push in advance he should be able to deflect most bullets, considering other steel users can do that.

Wokistan said:
There's also how to steel push/ironpull you throw your own weight into the metal you want to act on. Pilots can carry around more than their body weight in gear already and easily withstand the forces that exerts on them while they move. Some of the guns are quite heavy, and between that and their better lifting strength I don't think he can just instantly disarm here against a foe who has dealt with higher planetary gravity and gravity stars and the like, at least without a duralium push which exhausts all his resources. If he can react or push in advance he should be able to deflect most bullets, considering other steel users can do that.
Yeah, As long as he knows the shots are coming he can deflect the bullets right back at them. Though looking at the Pilot there seems to be alot of gear that Kelsier could push or pull on like that knife on his leg, ironpull it out and steelpush it into his chest or something.

The Pilot can throw out attacks that Kelsier just can't avoid with 4 seconds notice though, especially when they have the speed advantage and that is a thing that has happened before. R97 shots go too fast for him to see and that gun fires extremely quickly, so he just isn't avoiding that without steel, Satchels have a really huge blast radius, and I don't think Atium would save him from getting telefragged by phase shift.

As for why Phase Shift is great: Leaving the regular world for the phase world momentarily is more than enough time for the Pilot to get way out of range, set up a new position, start regenerating, or even just reappear behind/inside of him, and Kelsier isn't affecting a Phased pilot. I doubt he would want to kill at close range due to Atium probably being able to foreshadow Dead Hand, so I don't see why he would pull in like that, and the knife is still in a holster and can just be shot away or grabbed anyways.

Wouldn't atium burning allow Kel to time his attacks to the phase shifting so that he hits when it's tangible?

If Kel's backed into a corner I don't see why he wouldn't attempt using emotional allomancy; it's definitly ooc for him to start with it but he should use it if pewter and steel/iron aren't cutting it. Even if Kel burns through his Atium reserves he still has Electrum, which while not nearly as OP can still give him a slight advantage.

What's the Pilot's AP?

Also I could be wrong about this, but idk if the atium would really be conducive to the bullets. They're projections of every assailant 4 seconds into the future that perfectly mimic them, but the bullets already go at a speed too fast to really see and as such i'm pretty sure the atium projections would too. Something like the grenades and charge rifle shots would be fine and all due to grenades not moving as fast and the Charge Rifle beam just being huge, but the bullets aren't really easily visible or anything.

Not really. He would have to have demonstrated seeing the futures of those in alternate planes. He can tell when the Pilot's gonna phase shift out, but I'm pretty sure he wouldn't be able to predict the reappearances with it.

AP is 3.08kg physically, the R97 can kill pilots very quickly and the Wingman Elite kills them instantly on headshot.

Electrum doesn't really do much besides countering atium though.

Aimdodging is a thing. Kel wouldn't need to perceive and dodge the bullets themselves, just the fact that they're being fired at a direction.

He would be able to see it when it isn't shifted out though, no? So he'd be able to tell when they phase back in and when they phase out.

Kel scales to Shardplate users who are .375 kg. There's probably other feats I haven't evaluated though.

The issue with this is that he can't move as fast as the Pilot can just sweep their arm. They have a far shorter arc to complete than he would at range, and are a bit faster to boot.

I don't think he can see projections that come off things he can't see though. Atium isn't seeing the future itself, it's seeing the future actions of individuals. He'd need to observe the Pilot to see the future of it phase shifting in, which he can't do.

AP may be an issue then, especially with Pilots having some healing/regenerative stuff.

How would the Pilot react if Kelsier started to treat him like that Steel Inquisitor and just take to the skies swarming him with shards of metal flying at bullet-like speeds?

Pilot can also move about the skies really easily. Probably just run away and make use of the terrain, just shoot him, charge rifle him out of the sky, etc. Also, they aren't at bullet speeds to the pilot. They blitzed people who didn't have subsonic reactions, but he does here.

Bump

Back