• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Wokistan

Bioluminescent African American Working At The CIA
VS Battles
Administrator
Calculation Group
Human Resources
9-Bs with tier 8 guns in fast paced FPS games

Both physically 9-B

Doomguy has:

• All weapons (9-C to 9-A), BFG (8-B) included
  • The following items:
    • Rad Suit
    • MegaSphere
    • Invulnerability Sphere
    • Automap
    • Armor
    • Invisibility
    • Soul Sphere

Pilot has:

• Kraber AP Sniper Rifle (Penetrates 8-A armor, instagibs Pilots)
  • EVA-8 Shotgun
  • Thunderbolt (8-A)
  • Arc Grenade
  • Hard Cover (8-A deployable wall)
  • Phase Shift, Grapple, and Pulse Blade taticals (As shown by executions and phase embark, pilots are capable of having more than 1)
  • Fast healing perk
Loadouts can change, if needed

Speed equalized (unfortunately, if you want to change this go find me a supersonic titanfall feat)

Fighting on these rooftops, starting across from one another on a building. Each knows the other has some strong guns but nothing else.

Pilot (Titanfall):

Doomguy:

Inconclusive:
2 (Mr. Bambu, Tonygameman)

Rooftops sorta tilt this heavily in favor of the Pilot, no? Unless Doomguy has those double jump boots.

Now, it's no big secret that either can effectively one-shot the other. So before talking about guns, let's look at misc. stuff they've been given.

Doomguy's invisibility is on par if not better than that used by other Pilots, and even then, the Pilot's general experience with the aspect is not a perfect counter. So this does give Mr. Angry a rather big step up in terms of power. Invulnerability ensures that Pilot's lesser weapons basically won't harm him for a brief stint of time. Megasphere just maxes out armor/health, soul sphere just allows them to reach this maximum health. Not incredible items mechanically for a fight but they allow some durability. Auto-map is eh. The downside to several of these is, of course, the finite time they last.

Pilot's hard cover is inferior to Gibby's in that it only drops for one direction, though outside of that basically prevents direct damage from Doomguy (BFG area damage is questionable). Grapple in this environment all but ensures a mobility advantage, though it isn't flight or anything so this advantage is still grounded. Phase Shift in a short bit of combat is likely usable once but can instantly negate some deathblows or allow a practically suicidal charge with no repercussions, the downside being that it lasts a very short amount of time. Fast healing may as well be purely vestigial based on the fact that either one will likely one-shot the other with a good hit.

Firearm wise... Doomguy has the upperhand, methinks. Since both have weapons that enter into the territory of "This will instantly kill the other", we are looking at two individuals who will not hesitate to use at least one of their insta-kill weapons (Kraber vs BFG). Not sure how willing a default Pilot would be to outright use their Titan weapons, so I will consider them secondary. The difference betweeo BFG and Kraber is that A. BFG is an area effect with quite a decent radius that will insta-kill anything in it B. Kraber is a weapon that can be stopped from OHKOing via the shields, since it largely just is an 8-A piercing weapon.

It's a close call but from that I see Doomguy one-shotting Pilot before Pilot one-shots Doomguy. Invisibility hardcore counters an accurate shot from the Kraber, and while this can be somewhat mitigated by the Pulse Blade, it still isn't perfect. And the same could be said for the Pilot phase-shifting to auto-dodge Doomguy's BFG, however, the core difference is the easily spammed rounds of AoE damage the BFG has vs the pin-point accuracy of the Kraber.

So currently I would vote Doomguy despite an area disadvantage.

I mean given some of those Doom WADs he shouldn't be totally incapable of jumping far.

I mean only the 1 gun for doomguy and the 8-A stuff for pilot would 1 shot. Doomguy has 9-A dura so shouldn't get one shot by the EVA and pilot's high enough into 9-B that I don't think the 9-A things besides the chainsaw or like a point blank super shotgun will instakill.

The Pulse Blade would seem to counteract the invis. As for megasphere and soul sphere, he should be able to use them not immediately if the information on how the upgrade spheres work given in 2016 is true. Like if he gets non fatally hit with the Kraber and badly hurt or something, he could heal by popping one sorta.

Hunkering down behind a Hard Cover could tank a BFG shot that's not like above them or something, but yeah it has workarounds. Gives a few seconds of respite still. Phase Shift can be used to dodge a couple BFG shots, but the telefrag aspect is actually important too. Remember in doom that the 1 thing that ignores invulnerability besides just falling off the map was telefragging, after all. Doomguy has a general close quarters advantage due to 9-A chainsaw, but pilot is still physically superior otherwise so it isn't absolute. Fast healing matters if they're shot with a not BFG/direct impact rocket.

I mean, the BFG ball doesn't move nearly as fast as a kraber shot, and could be avoided if the pilot dove off the building, phased, popped a hard cover, etc. BFG also isn't the only possible instant kill. I don't think a pilot would survive the chainsaw or a direct impact from a rocket. However, I don't think the shields are really the same thing. Doom armor seems to be just actual armor, and even with the energy shields stuff the kraber pops those off titans and will half kill someone with full shields in Apex. Titanfall Kraber is the Kraber AP anyways, not just the Kraber .50, and it can still be worn down by the EVA.

You also sorta forgot the arc grenades and paralysis rip

I personally see more incon but I can't vote on my own thread sooooooo

I see we get ourselves into a wall of text off

True, but this is quite the distance.

Also true.

It does, to some extent. Not a perfect counter, and I accounted for it in my comment. The spheres do work as you propose and he could try to pop them but I find it more likely to just go all in.

It could but the issue is that the BFG isn't a contact projectile, it's an AoE. It would be like implying the hard cover could defend against a point-blank weaker variant of nuke eject. Fast healing matters so long as they aren't immediately hit with anything else.

Also true! But the BFG does move fast enough to catch an enemy. As for the points on the Kraber, Doom armor works exactly like the Titanfall armor- extra health. I agree it can be worn down by the EVA if it comes to close combat but at that point I would argue an immediate chainsaw would solve the match.

I did forget paralysis, and... that does mean a lot, actually. Paralysis gives the Pilot a few seconds to just absolutely nail Doomguy with the Kraber, which could be enough to win (since even with shields a Kraber can one-shot head-shot). I suppose with that in mind it can tip the scales enough to achieve an inconclusive. I'd still argue a BFG counters Hard Cover but with the mobility disadvantage Doomguy is at that is enough of a leveler.

So I'll shift vote to Incon, why not. It's close enough.

Bump

bump

Bump

bump

Back