• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Kazuma Kuwabara vs Carissa

It seems to me that Kuwabara has more options to go by, judging by looking at their profiles, with Kuwabara having a lot of versatility with his lightword compared to Carissa. Carissa's All Dimensions should match Kuwabara's dimension sword, while Kuwarabara has the Spirit Sword Javelin and Spiritual Strike for longer range combat. However, Kuwabara's rather too straightforward compared to Carissa, who is a master of strategy or warfare; Carissa will definitely exploit any weaknesses that Kuwabara might show.

Not sure about their speed differences in terms of combat, but if their speed is relatively the same, Carissa's intellect and strategic mind should trump Kuwabara eventually, although it would be a long and tiresome fight.

I guess Carissa wins?

Gonna have to agree with the crazy one. Kuwabara isn't exactly the brightest bulb in the closet, which is ironic given his power being a freaking lightsword.

Still, I have to ask; what was Carissa's actual best feat from the novel? If Kuwabara has a massive speed advantage (he should be around Mach 300+), Carissa may be outsped here.

It turns out Gunha's speed in which he stopped Misaka's lightning was only calced barely over Mach 100. Not sure how much Carissa is faster compared to Gunha but Kuwabara may have a major speed advantage here.

Crazystarf said:
Still, I have to ask; what was Carissa's actual best feat from the novel? If Kuwabara has a massive speed advantage (he should be around Mach 300+), Carissa may be outsped here.
It turns out Gunha's speed in which he stopped Misaka's lightning was only calced barely over Mach 100. Not sure how much Carissa is faster compared to Gunha but Kuwabara may have a major speed advantage here.
Note that the speed feat was calculated with OBD lightning speed not ours. It is actually also around Mach 300 if using 440000 m/s for lightning speed. And Carissa should be quite a bit superior to gunha. So in that departement they are pretty even it seems.

And just to note since you mentioned long range combat before: Carissa has ranged attacks by using the dimensional debris and a range advantage with it of quite a bit.

One interesting question that I thought would be brought up is how their swords would interact.

carissa takes this with high diff, kuwabara is faster and would dominate in close combat but if carissa holds her advantage she should be winning :)

@DontTalk: Ah, thank you for the clarification. I guess I will stick to Carissa winning then. Keep in mind that Kuwabara's attacks can ignore durability however.

Going with Carissa, given that she's a more skilled and smarter fighter, being able to keep up against Kanzaki, Acqua and Knight Leader at the same time, has a lot more stamina due to Curtana Original, can use illusions to mess with Kuwabara, and has a sixth sense to help her react against enemy attacks.

The Dimensional Sword and Curtana Original would likely block each other like what happened with the two Curtanas clashed.

I'm finding people forgetting what makes kuwabara a pain to fight if he's evenly matched or outskilled by an oppenant. Is his crazy evel endurance and ability to keep pushing himself even when back into a corner. I feel this will go down a lot like his dark tournament fights and using his life energy to feed his spiritual energy to allow him to keep trucking through this fight. I feel his stamina is really gonna be what drives him to victory here and his ability shake off serious injuries and maintaining his ability to fight as well. To be honest it can go ethier way but on the sheer fact that his endurance is so high and the fact he can be dim witted at times, but that's why his oppenants end up underestimating his ability to actually be creative with his weapon. I'm giving to kuwabata after a long drawn out battle.

^ Except that Carissa likely has him beat in stamina and endurance considering at the end of the British Civil War it was everyone vs her, including three Saint-level fighters and she was still holding up without getting tired thanks to Curtana Original.

LazyHunter said:
^ Except that Carissa likely has him beat in stamina and endurance considering at the end of the British Civil War it was everyone vs her, including three Saint-level fighters and she was still holding up without getting tired thanks to Curtana Original.
I can say the same about kuwabara holding up against sensui taking blows from a low s class and still pushing the fight goes a long way as well.

Usually it takes a lot more stamina to fight alone against 3 people on your class + hundreds of other fighters at the same time without getting tired than holding up against one single stronger enemy (Wasn't Kuwabara with Hiei and Kurama for that fight, it's been a long time since I saw Yu Yu Hakusho)

Even if Kuwabara had better stamina (which IMO he clearly doesn't) it wouldn't really help him, since Carissa is a much more skilled fighter so she'll have the advantage in the fight, and both characters only need a good hit to finish the fight. Carissa has a lot more chances to be the one thanks to better skill, better smarts and sixth sense. The fight is likely going to be over before any of the two even starts getting tired.

Any other suggestions? I was wondering if Kuwabara's speed was scaled properly from Yusuku in the profile (was there lightning involved in finding Yusuke's speed)?

Back