• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Katsuki Bakugou Minor Downgrade

Damage3245

He/Him
VS Battles
Administrator
Calculation Group
Bakugou should be downgraded from 8-B to High 8-C+:

• The AP section mentions that Bakugou should be stronger than a Villain Alliance member who is High 8-C, but the V.A. member is on the low-end of High 8-C while Bakugou's calc in the next line is on the high end of High 8-C so this is consistent.
  • All Might was heavily restrained as noted in his profile, so it's uncertain to say that the punches he used on Bakugou were truly 'City Block level' in the first place.

For the matter of your last point; why on earth is All Might scaled to Power Loader, when we literally never see him create those craters and therefore have no objective means of figuring out how they were made? I think that scaling should outright be thrown out, and All Might's actual punches in his restrained form be used, which are simply not 'City Block' level.

That is good point, Xulrev. I agree with you that Power Loaders calc is basically unusable and that nobody should scale from it.

Xantospoc said:
I think the right term would be 'upgrade', not downgrade. I do endorse this upgrade though
I see, thanks.

So far;

For: 4 (Damage3245, Xulrev, Qawsedf234, Xantospoc)

Against: 0.

What were the justifications for Bakugou becoming 8-B in the first place?

Andytrenom said:
What were the justifications for Bakugou becoming 8-B in the first place?
From what I can tell, the AP section of Bakugou's profile mentions the two Large Building level calcs, and has additional notes on breaking Todoroki's ice (which hasn't been calced yet) and knocking back All Might / making All Might flinch.

I don't think that last point is a solid justification for Bakugou's AP.

The biggest calc for Bakugou's explosions put him at High 8-C or High 8-C+.

I am actually planning on making a thread discussion the powerscaling in My Hero Academia, do you know of any relavant thread I should read where this issue has been discussed?

There's been a few. Can you leave a message on my wall? I'll discuss MHA scaling with you as soon as I'll get to my computer.

EDIT: Never mind, back at my computer now. Do you have Discord?

I think Izuku 5-8% ratings may also have to be revised since he scales to Bakugou.

As for 8-B Bakugou, he doesn't have feats on those level himself, Being restrained should not magically make Allmights durability lower than town level, and he should not be assumed to be putting same amount of power in attacking his students as Power loader was in attacking the ground.

Until Bakugou gets more justification I support the downgrade.

Okay, that's five supporting the downgrade.

I guess we just need a Staff member to say it's okay and then we can implement the changes?

If there is one, I haven't seen it for Bakugou.

Bakugo also uses his gauntlet to store sweat, that he can release all at once for bigger explosions. This is explained in the fight between him an Deku during the simulation test. And he used that technique against All Might for the surprise attack. Still, if he used the same technique in the sports festival, I'm OK with the downgrade

Considering that current Bakugou is >>> Bakugou from 140 chapters ago who is High 8-C+, I don't think he should be downgraded.

Bakugou's Quirk hasn't been noted to be developed significantly in power. The only major move he's developed is his Armor Piercing shot which focuses his blast.

Deku's isn't talking in that page you linked...

I think you mean Bakugou himself is stating he's gotten stronger. To an unknown degree.

EDIT: So if you accept that Bakugou was High 8-C+ during the Sports Fest, and got stronger later on, then you agree that Uraraka does not get 8-B durability from her Sports Fest fight, right?

Also, to say that Bakugou is not at least 1.3 times stronger than 140 chapters ago is ridiculous.

So if you accept that Bakugou was High 8-C+ during the Sports Fest, and got stronger later on, then you agree that Uraraka does not get 8-B durability from her Sports Fest fight, right?

EDIT: To go further, I should also add that Uraraka did not tank a High 8-C+ explosion during the Sports Fest, so her durability should be even lower than that.

Damage3245 said:
So if you accept that Bakugou was High 8-C+ during the Sports Fest, and got stronger later on, then you agree that Uraraka does not get 8-B durability from her Sports Fest fight, right?

EDIT: To go further, I should also add that Uraraka did not tank a High 8-C+ explosion during the Sports Fest, so her durability should be even lower than that.
I agree, Uraraka only withstood Bakugou's normal explosions, which should be around High 8-C.

Therefir said:
I agree, Uraraka only withstood Bakugou's normal explosions, which should be around High 8-C.
Bakugou's normal explosions aren't that high. He only has to be Wall level to cause debris to break from the ground, and he didn't directly hit with the majority of his explosions. He mostly aimed the ground and detoned his explosions a few metres from her.

I think Wall level is a much more reasonable rating for her durability during the Sports Fest. When random members of the audience are saying "Going all out against a girl..." They're not a valid source of information. They have no idea how powerful he is.

I think no one would agree with that, to say that Bakugou's normal explosions being several millions of times weaker than his strongest explosions is not logical.

Source on 'several millions of times'? You need to say something better than random, hyperbolic numbers.

Since Bakugou can control the range of his explosions from Large Building to simply destroying a notebook or a desk, I'd say it's well within reason for his normal explosions at that time to be Wall level.

EDIT: Especially if Uraraka's durability really was Wall level, then he wouldn't be using devastatingly powerful explosions on her.

Did you know the difference between Wall level and High 8-C+ are millions right?

The difference between 8 tons and 0.005 tons is 1600. Not millions.

Are you arguing he cannot make explosions small enough to where he could simply destroy a notebook? Because that would be even weaker than Wall level.

EDIT: I will also note that the calc itself a bit flawed since it assumes total evaporation and that didn't actually occur. In the anime, Bakugou's explosion launched the majority of the rubble into the air. Even in the manga there were plenty of fragments.

Therefir. Can you see the Wall section of the Attack Potency chart?:

9-B Wall 5 Kilojoules
to 0.005 Tons
Your sarcasm weakens your own position.

>Facepalm

5 Kilojoules To 0.005 Tons.

Room or Small Building

0.005 Tons to 0.25 Tons

So how am I wrong then? 0.005 Tons is the upper limit of Wall level, right?

You were the one saying there was a millions of times difference. Well?

0.005 is Room level, 0.004 is Wall level+

The divisions are made based on Exclusive Form grouping, in which the true lower limit is the given lower limit and the true upper limit is just short of the given upper limit.

For example:

1) Mach 10 is Hypersonic+, not Hypersonic.

2) Mach 100 is Massively Hypersonic, not High Hypersonic+.

Okay, so even if his explosions were Room level or Wall level, I don't see why that would be a problem. We know Bakugou can control the strength of his explosions - and Uraraka didn't directly tank most of his explosions.

Even if her durability was Room level, that'd still be much more reasonable than City Block level.

I disagree with that, anyway you should send a message to a knowledge member of MHA who is admin, or we will not get anywhere.

Reppuzan did comment on the thread earlier. I'm waiting for his judgement on the Power Loader thread as well.

I really don't think bakugou's normal explosions are 9-B. The entirety of class 1-A tanked a mud tsunami in field trip arc, Mina can fight her fellow classmates physically, and Bakugou should be comparable to her even physically let alone with his quirk, so I think his normal explosions should be around 8-C.

A mud tsunami that was not intended to hurt them but move them...

I don't understand your point about Mina.

I was trying to say Mina should be 8-C physically for hurting Aoyama who could tank the tsunami. I might be mistaken about the tsunami being 8-C however, therefore, I think it be best to wait for the anime adaption to gauge how fast the tsunami is moving.

Back