• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Katsuki Bakugou Minor Downgrade

I suggest something like this: At least High 8-C normally, 8-B with his strongest explosions, higher with Howitzer Impact.

I'm suggesting "At least" and "8-B" because it's stated that Bakugou is stronger than before.

The problem is that if Bakugou can withstand his own 8-B explosions, his durability should be 8-B, and Deku can hurt him, so I don't know what would be the AP of Deku with Full Cowl.

Therefir, how is Howitzer Impact suggested to be higher than 8-B. Bakugou cannot tank his own 8-B explosion.

He needs the gauntlets to protect himself.

He can lol, only he doesn't hurt himself while wearing his gauntlets.

Also it's pretty obvius Howitzer Impact is stronger because he needs to charge that attack, and he almost kills Deku in one Ova with HI.

Aren't the OVA's only canon to the anime?

And just because he needs to charge the attack doesn't mean it is higher than 8-B. It could just be a higher version of 8-B than his other explosions.

And now that we've settled that Bakugou's ordinary huge explosions are High 8-C. We need to agree that the explosions Bakugou used on Uraraka were weaker than that are it is much more likely that she has either 9-B or 9-A durability.

EDIT: If your suggestion was: At least High 8-C+ normally, 8-B with Howitzer Impact, that'd be better.

Well, the creator of the manga worked on the OVA's.

I prefer: "At least High 8-C+ normally, 8-B with his strongest explosions" (The fodder villain was close to High 8-C+, and Bakugou is stronger now.)

I do not know about Uraraka, it's hard to think that Bakugou was holding back that much against her.

Deku with Full Cowl would be like this: "At least High 8-C+, 8-B with 20%".

> I do not know about Uraraka, it's hard to think that Bakugou was holding back that much against her. It's not hard at all. They were fighting in a tournament match, and it's not like fighting Uraraka is like fighting All Might. Using his maximum-power explosions is risky to itself and potentially lethal to other people.

Both Deku and Uraraka up to the point of the Sports Fest have only been hit by attacks that were much weaker than Bakugou's maximum-power explosions. It is more consistent for the verse that her durability be somewhere in the range of 9-B to 9-A.

The generous calc gives High 8-C+ for one of Bakugou's maximum-power explosions. That suggests to me that Bakugou's normally explosions are consistently High 8-C+ which makes sense in the series. That his special moves like Howitzer Impact are 8-B is justifiable from that.

Remember that we using the actual Bakugou, not the one from the Tournament.

Deku directly compares Bakugou's maximum-power explosion with the one from the end of his fight with Uraraka.

And if you consider 'actual Bakugou' to be different from the one in the touranment, then that's additional reason to downgrade Uraraka's durability.

EDIT: I don't see what's wrong High 8-C+ normally, and 8-B with his special moves.

Bakugou pretty much confirms that the explosion which was calced to be High 8-C+ (which is very generous given that's the evaporation result) is his maximum power and when he's not doing any super moves.

If that calc gets an evaluation and redone, I'd be interested in seeing the result.

EDIT: Therefir, mentioning that everyone in the verse scales from it still doesn't sit right with me because of how baseless that is.

AidenBrooks999's suggestion:

"Maybe we could something like:

9-B for the likes of Quirkless Deku and others

9-A+ scaling from deku taking Muscular's casual hits and his finger flicks (So this would scale to Bakugou and Todoroki)

I think Deku's 100% punching through severals floors and Bakugou's big explosion I calcd once at 8-C, so you have that. (Also, we have a crater 100% deku did against Chisaki)"

That sounds pretty reasonable. Where did he suggest that?

Andytrenom said:
Judging by these pages can you verify whether Gang Orca's henchmen tanked the explosion or not?
I'm not sure tho.

It look like it was just "dramatic effect" or something and they came after the explosion rather than taking it

I agree. None of them look like they were caught in the explosion; it was just thier way of making a dramatic entrance into the exam.

EDIT: "Also, we have a crater 100% deku did against Chisaki" Which moment was this? When he kicked himself out of the underground base?

Honestly, his 1,000,000% and Full Cowl 100% are far more impressive than that crater.

Andytrenom said:
@Aiden judging from how the wall was damaged, it is clear that the source of explosion was on the side of the wall that the henchmen were in. And the first page I linked shows Gang Orca standing very close to the wall just before the explosion happened. So I don't see how they could have avoided being caught in the explosion.
What kind of hero and his subordinates would get caught in an explosion to make an entrance, rather than just waiting for the explosion to go off and then enter through the hole it left behind? Doesn't that just seem like poor planning?

There's also the fact that none of them look like they were in an explosion; no smoke, no burn marks, no superficial damage. I think you're reading too much into the panel of them being close to the wall.

@Therefire, his 1,000,000% is just a stretched out 100%.

Okay, but at the same time we don't actually see them take the explosion, or ultimately how close they really were.

So there's no proof they tanked the explosion either.

EDIT: We don't even see if that wall/door in front of them is the same wall that explodes.

It just doesn't look like a viable feat to me.

Anyway, @AidenBrooks999 , is what Therefire said what you're suggesting? Because I'm inclined towards that suggestion and we can start figuring out what profiles need to be updated.

Isn't that just the aftershocks affecting him? Not the full shock of the super move.

Anyway, that look like an solid High 8-C feat for him in terms of destructive power at least.

I'm pretty sure the manga would also make it clear that Gang Orca was inside the explosion if that's what happened. His clothes aren't even slightly damaged, singed or marked in any way.

Being beind the wall doesn't mean he took the brunt of the explosion. It's a bad feat overall because we don't see it onscreen and there are plausible alternatives.

Anyway, shall we make a list of which profiles are in need of revising? Quirkless Deku and everyone that scales to him is a good place to start.

The character and his subordinates you're talking about don't appear to actually be inside the explosion. No sign of it on his clothing. No indication of damage to any of them. No reason for them to actually be in the explosion other than the interpretation that they must be standing near to it.

We see a single panel of them close to a wall. For all we know they all took cover during the explosion itself and then came out once the hole had been made.

Damage3245 said:
Isn't that just the aftershocks affecting him? Not the full shock of the super move.

Anyway, that look like an solid High 8-C feat for him in terms of destructive power at least.
According to Bath's law, an aftershock is typically 1.2 magnitude smaller than the main movement that originate them, that means the aftershock is 65.3184 times weaker than the main attack.

Good to know. Are you going to put in a calc request for it?

It's not just that he isn't burned, it's that the scenario makes no sense in the first place. What possible reason could he have to go to the centre of the explosion in a controlled exercise for a Hero exam?

They could have been waiting behind the wall simply because that's their place to be when it goes down, and when the explosion is ready to go off, they sensibly move back to a safe distance. What's wrong with that?

EDIT: Can we drop this Gang Orca stuff? It's not relevant to the thread.

Like I said in other thread, I'm really busy with high school and college stuff, but I want to take in tjis subject as soon as possible

I have a bunch of BNHA calcs that i neve posted because they... well, weren't too imprssive for the scaling.

Mostly 9-A to 8-C. And a few High 8-C to 8-B

I feel like those calcs may come in handy if we're having to re-evaluate the majority of MHA profiles.

But I think that a consistency like this one, 8-A for Todoroki may fall a bit stretchy to even become an outlier if you ask me

8-A may be a bit too inconsistent, but Todoroki himself is sort of accepted as an outlier in his own class. He has a hybrid of two strong Quirks and uses them to perform incredible, visible feats; he was even the only left standing in a clash between himself and 100% Deku.

8-B might be a more reasonable rating for him, but whether he ends up with either 8-B or 8-A may be fine. (In terms of AP, not durability).

That's why I hate ice feats... they can't really destroy anything.

Back