• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
So apparently I have a terrible memory, because I have encountered a conundrum.

The 7-C feat that is used to give the top-tiers of Katanagatari, well, their top tiers, does not exist.

The event in question doesn't even remotely resemble a Magnitude 6 earthquake, and there is no evidence that it is one. Therefore the entire scaling system for the top tiers is fundamentally nonexistent.

Therefore, I intend to downgrade the top tiers to 8-B+, which would remain fairly consistent, as it was a couple of the top tiers who provided the feat in the first place.

Nanami Yasuri will remain 7-A due to nothing contradicting her feat, so the tiering becomes thus:

Bottom tier: 10-C: Togame, Princess Hitei, Yanari

Low tier: 9-B: Most Maniwa Ninjas and Deviant Blade users (Scaling from Komori Maniwa and Meisai Tsuruga

Mid tier: 9-A: Stronger Deviant Blade wielders, restricted Shichika (Eventually scaling from Azekura)

Top tier: 8-B+: Shichika Yasuri, Emonzaemon Sōda, Sabi Hakuhei, Hōō Maniwa, Konayuki Itezora

God tier: 7-A: Nanami Yasuri

I'm hoping the final chapter in the light novel will contain some good feats and make the downgrade less extreme, but we shall have to wait and see. It's already got some more impressive stuff for the Maniwa ninjas.

I'll have to reexamine it. The only person who might is Unrestricted Shichika, which would scale to the other five top tiers.

Fingers crossed.

The feats for the Maniwas and Deviant Blade wielders are obviously 9-B just from looking at them, and Azekura has a feat that might put him at 9-A

Dammit.

The unofficial light novel translation I found ended halfway through chapter 2 and hasn't been continued. And no official translation exists.

I'm only halfway through the series so far, but this seems to make sense from what I've seen.

After finishing the series this all looks perfect. But I'm not too sure about restricted Shichika being lower than Sabi Hakuhei.

I'm honestly considering not even having a separate tier for restricted Shichika. The only thing that seems truly different when unrestricted is his natural bloodlust and the techniques he copied from Nanami.

I suppose that this can probably be applied then.

Restricted Shichika is only useful for scaling.

Yep. I'm going through the series one more time to make sure I haven't missed anything, and I'll implement the changes afterwards.

I also intend to list every statement and feat that can possibly be used, and I would love your guys' input on it to make sure nothing is unaccounted for. But there is

kind of a-******'-lot

so I'm considering making a new CRT thread just to cohesively list the information. Then I can finally finish this verse and cross it off my bucket list.

I was gonna do that anyway when I got the novels. I've already written one covering most feats/abilities from the anime, but I wasn't trying to cover everything.

A new thread might be best. You can link to it here.

Back