• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

PsychoWarper

Bronze Supporter
Kars' key with D4CU should have Type 3 Acausality since if Kars is hurt or killed D4CU will passively replace the damaged or dead Kars with another Kars from one of the infinite parallel universes, even if a parallel universe doesnt exist D4CU will simply make one to get a Kars from

D4CU description from profile

• D4C Ultimate: Short for Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap Ultimate, it is a blue-and-pink humanoid Stand with insanely large, curved ears. It uses melee attacks in conjunction with its ability. The reason why D4C's ability works so well is due to the concept of gravity.
    • Parallel Universe Creation: When D4C Ultimate travels through parallel universes, it is actually creating new universes with distinct timelines of its own similar to the "root" universe, or the universe that contains Singularities (one thing that only happens once in a universe). These parallel worlds are considered as "not real" and meaningless to the "root" universe, but still coexist alongside it once made.
    • Dimension Hopping: When D4C Ultimate and Kars are between two objects, Kars can hop between one of many parallel worlds created by D4C Ultimate. Anything can be used from doors, water, or even steam to travel to another world. Even if Kars has a partial amount of him able to travel, he will still be able to take his entire body with him. Kars can also take other people in these parallel worlds or move them to another one.
      • Merging: When Kars takes an individual and takes them to a parallel world, Kars can cause them to meet their parallel selves. If they make contact or get too close to each other, they will begin to crumble and pull each other into one another, creating a Menger Sponge, and completely obliterating each other from existence. This rule does not apply to Kars himself.
      • Body Hopping: Upon death, injury or when the user chooses, D4C Ultimate will transfer over to another Kars, the new Kars will essentially become old one via consciousness transfer.

Sounds alright.

Can you post the quote from JORGE JOESTAR that justifies this?

Dargoo Faust said:
Sounds alright.
Can you post the quote from JORGE JOESTAR that justifies this?
Man im just going off what the profile says, I dont know if theres a quote on there for it.

EmperorDoom25 said:
So, if someone kills D4CU, Kars would lose his Acausality? It doesnt seem right...I think Limited Acausality would fit better imo
Who are knowledgable people on JORGE JOESTAR? Or maybe even just JoJo?

We should probably contact them as they may know how it works.

If he creates a universe, shouldn't he get non combat applicable Low 2-C?

Can someone remind me why Kars has BtD in the first place seeing as its apparently become an independent spirit helping him of its own will and should really count as a different character in that case?

From what I understand its that the stand can choose its master, and it has become something like Cheap Trick that can move from master to master

Again, why doesn't D4CU have non-combat applicable Low 2-C if it can make universes to pull Kars from?

Sir Ovens said:
Again, why doesn't D4CU have non-combat applicable Low 2-C if it can make universes to pull Kars from?
Cause people like to find anything JoJo related to downgrade ovo.

In all seriousness shouldnt the D4CU key also have Creation fornthe same reason?

Monarch Laciel said:
Can someone remind me why Kars has BtD in the first place seeing as its apparently become an independent spirit helping him of its own will and should really count as a different character in that case?
Ok I'll actually answer this if this is true, and what Iap said is also true then wouldnt BtD be considered Equitment? And if hes shown to consistently possess and have BtD through out the series (after he got it of course) then it could simply be considered Standard Equipment.

(Although I dont see why Kars couldnt just copy its ability if it tried to leave)

On a more relevant note.

Sorry psycho, as we discussed on discord

This is (probably) not acausality type 3.

First things first though because depending on the answer to my next question it might actually might be acausality:

I am told that present Kars survived Dio killing him in the past - was the reason he survived stated to be because of D4CU? Please provide scans.

Isn't the logic behind Type 3's immunity of the past "My another self has different past than me so even if my past is changed, "I" won't be affected"? Well, D4C only exist in one universe and paradoxing D4C is enough to make it paradoxed so probably not.

Essentially, yes. Type 3 works not because you are immune to changes to the timeline, but because a version of you from a timeline that was never changed in the first place can replace you.

I'll just post my whole argument. Just know that if there's statements of D4CU being the reason Kars survived being killed in the past via it grabbing copies of him from another universe, then yes he has type 3. Otherwise, read on.

Types aren't separate powers, they are just the methods to achieve the power. That's why all types of Madness Manipulation still achieve make the target go insane, regardless of whether you're using Mind Manipulation, Poison Manipulation or just looking really weird to do it.

Thus Acausality, whether the user achieves it by being unbound from cause and effect (Type 5), operating on a different form of cause and effect (type 4), not having/being reliant on a past (Type 2), or just not being paradoxed for never-explained-reasons (type 1), needs to have the effect of you somehow still being around even if your past is altered. In type 3's case the "you" that is around is from another timeline that isn't altered and are effectively the same as the "you" that just got paradoxed.

That Kars apparently did survive being killed in the past muddies the water a bit, but until I get an explanation of how he did that (if there is any explanation), that would just be Acausality Type 1 Time Paradox Immunity.

If D4CU is not stated to be the reason he survived being killed in the past, then D4CU and Kar's Acausality Type 1 Time Paradox Immunity are separate things. And if they are separate, and Kars theoretically did not have Time Paradox Immunity and was killed in the past before he ever got D4CU, the D4CU in the present would cease to exist. It would not have any ability to replace original Kars with a new one from another timeline. Even if Kars was killed in the past after he got D4CU, and then D4CU replaced another Kars, the Kars in the present would still be affected by the change in the timeline. They would still have the memories of being killed, then being replaced by the alternate self. They might not be dead, but their present has still been changed by altering their past, even if said alterations are only a new set of memories.

Thus D4CU does not give type 3.

Back