• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Oblivion Of The Endless said:
Yes, because he allowed

This is a fight, Sonic wont allow Kars touch him
QEWnzOM
So then why did Sonic let Miles to punch him in the face during their fight, when Sonic is much faster than Miles and could have simply avoided that hit?

they are comparable to each other doe? I mean its in the bloody page tails is comparable and can keep up with sonic

My point is that he wanted to be. It's not like he has no control over himself and has just constantly gotta go fast lmao

Does it even matter? Flash is a complete idiot whenever he fights, so slower opponents always have chances of tagging him during their fight by simply memorizing his linear fighting pattern.

TISSG7Redgrave said:
they are comparable to each other doe? I mean its in the bloody page tails is comparable and can keep up with sonic
Yeah because Sonic is a jobber holds back on opponents who are not light speed like Tails and loves playing with them.

>sees ultra sonic and chaos emeralds

>sees kars page

Dude its already an AP stomp with sonic having far superior strength hax and speed cuz immeasurable > infinite...a stomp so hard that why is this open idek

and oblivion is right sonic's fate hax is far higher

1C37B15E-9245-4AA0-B186-5716F6E80502
Please. Look at Sonic not even wanting to engage in the fight after he knew why Tails was fighting him. Tails sure broke through his guard.

Still doesn't prove Tails is light speed, yet he still manage to sucker punch a casual Sonic in the face. Being faster =/= being untouchable.

JohnCenaNation said:
Hst master said:
@John

Amadeus outright says Tails is capable of fighting sonic.
Sonic was holding back by not fighting him at light speed, your point?
Tails has been stated to have comparable speed in the air. He even catches up to and socks sonic later on after he said he'd stop pulling his punches.

Sonic was holding back by not fighting him at light speed, your point?
Tails has been stated to have comparable speed in the air. He even catches up to and socks sonic later on after he said he'd stop pulling his punches.

And Sonic wasn't going light speed.

Still doesn't prove Tails is light speed, yet he still manage to sucker punch a casual Sonic in the face. Being faster =/= being untouchable.

A46E6C5A-D4BA-48FE-98E3-0E5CFA00303B
Why are you taking things out of context? Sonic didn't even know Tails was there before Tails hit him. Speed didn't matter cause of context.

Edit: I'm getting distracted with my niece.

Hst master said:
Dude you're gonna need more than "Sonic isn't going light speed".
One Sonic was fighting in an environmental location. Two, Sonic is an environmentalist so he doesn't want to hurt mother nature. If Sonic goes Sonic Boom, wouldn't everything around him gets destroyed scientifically? Here is your answer.

>does that have anything to do with him going fast or ppl keeping up with him at all???

A46E6C5A-D4BA-48FE-98E3-0E5CFA00303B
Why are you taking things out of context? Sonic didn't even know Tails was there before Tails hit him. Speed didn't matter cause of context.

Edit: My bad. I'm getting distracted with my niece. I didn't mean to quote you.

And you are telling me Sonic wouldn't let down his guard during his fight against Kars, even though that's how he always fights his opponent in-character?

I Looooovvvvvveeeeeee making multiple edits on my post cause I keep misspelling things

JohnCenaNation said:
Hst master said:
Dude you're gonna need more than "Sonic isn't going light speed".
One Sonic was fighting in an environmental location. Two, Sonic is an environmentalist so he doesn't want to hurt mother nature. If Sonic goes Sonic Boom, wouldn't everything around him gets destroyed scientifically? Here is your answer.
This has downright nothing to do with whether he's moving at light speed or not.

This has downright nothing to do with whether he's moving at light speed or not.

And a single outlier feat doesn't justify a Massively Faster than Light+ speed rating.

And you are telling me Sonic wouldn't let down his guard during his fight against Kars, because that's how he always fights his opponent in-character?

Those times he lets his guard down are rare. It's mostly cause he gets cocky (rightful so). But he never lets his guard down when he recognizes an enemy.

And you are telling me Sonic wouldn't let down his guard during his fight against Kars, because that's how he always fights his opponent in-character?

Those times he lets his guard down are rare. It's mostly cause he gets cocky (rightful so). But he never lets his guard down when he recognizes an enemy.

Except Sonic never met Kars before, so he has no prior knowledge about Kars's abilities at what he can do. So the first thing he would do is get cocky and ask Kars to show him what he can do, which will lead to Sonic's downfall.

@Shake

He's dead serious.

And it's not a single outlier. Tails is capable of keeping up with Sonic on several occasions from them escaping Robotropolis before nukes hit to when Mogul Mind controlled him and flying as high as he could before he passed out.

Hst master said:
@Shake

He's dead serious.

And it's not a single outlier. Tails is capable of keeping up with Sonic on several occasions from them escaping Robotropolis before nukes hit to when Mogul Mind controlled him and flying as high as he could before he passed out.
Has Sonic ever moved at light speed during those instances on-panel without statement?

ShakeResounding said:
Y-You're serious, aren't you?

John, Sonic is among some of the fastest MFTL+ characters on the wiki. To the point where even his casual speed should already be well into MFTL+. You must be thinking of the Game Continuity, and even then Sonic has casually FTL statements.
This isn't Massively FTL+ whatsoever, it's just regular FTL speed.

2hmkgFT

That speed is without the Chaos Emeralds, Super Emeralds and Master Emeralds multipliers you've given him.

Tails doesn't scale to this, what's your point?

My point is, Sonic holds back all time or else he would kill people so easily. And Sonic the Hedgehog is no murder.

Tails doesn't scale to this, what's your point?

My point is, Sonic holds back all time or else he would kill people so easily. And Sonic the Hedgehog is no murder.

You literally just answered my question on why Tails isn't light speed. Because base Tails never fought or race against base Sonic when he actually cut loose. That, and base Tails doesn't have a light speed feat of his own.

Back