• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Kakine Teitoku vs Nikola Tesla (Mad Scientist claimed as god of thunder vs Arrogant esper with dark matter manipulation) (TWO MORE VOTE NEEDED)

Reppuzan said:
@Malox
It's not an EM-based defense, it's magic. Tesla converts any non-physical attack into magical energy for himself to absorb.
what do u mean by non-physical ? btw is it on the profile ? i can't find it

@Malox

It's under "Galvanism".

Non-physical refers to anything without tangible form, like lasers, lightning, and wind.

I vote for Tesla as Kakine has no counter to full power of system keraunos,skill Netural born genius ex(that let he use most skill in servant system include fearsome skill like mana burst ,eye of mind(true),etc),skill pioneer of the star ex

Kakine may can bypass galvanism by add physical attack in darkmatter but tesla can counter it by his attack instead

Interesting fight. From what I know of the two characters, Kakine should take this with difficulty. His Dark Matter is really tenacious and has posed serious problems for Accelerator.

I vote for Kakine for now.

@Fukouda-san

Accelerator didn't get serious at base Kakine, read that part again in Volume 15.

Well, as far as I know, a laid-back Accelerator is still dangerous and managing to face him in a battle is a miracle. xD

More seriously, I still vote for Kakine. His Dark Matter is hax like shit. Even though, Tesla could win if Kakine decides to be as arrogant as Gilgamesh.

Wait, as Servant, can not Tesla just consume Kakine's soul-

@Fukuoda

It's out of character for heroic Servants like Tesla to resort to soul eating. The only Servants who actively went out of their way to do so are Medea (out of desperation), Rider (with her Blood Fort Andromeda), and Jack the Ripper.

@LazyHunter

Normally he starts by spamming lightning. But he's a genius and will discern the nature of Kakine's existence pretty quickly, which is probably when he starts using his Noble Phantasm.

@Reppuzan

Ok. One last doubt, you mentioned that Tesla can turn non-physical attacks like lasers or wind into electricity/energy for himself. However, his page especifically states this to be applied to "magical/thaumaturgical" attacks both in his "Powers and Abilities" section and in the Galvanism explanation (Which makes sense to me otherwise he could just turn the regular air/light around him into energy without caring about the enemy and make his Independent Action skill a little pointless) Is the page wrong or outdated?

@Lazy

After looking at the source again, it's magical attacks only with the exception of electricity.

Then this is how I think the battle goes.

Kakine and Tesla attack each other. I assume both are smart enough to start a fight with an unknown opponent by testing the waters a bit, so no full power. This also fits Kakine's arrogance. Kakine's first moves are likely to be either his explosions or his wing slashes. Neither is likely going to do much to Tesla. Depending on how much power Tesla puts behind his attacks and how well Kakine's initial protections are he either kills or causes noticeable injuries to Kakine in the first clash.

One could argue Kakine could then modify his Dark Matter defenses to stop electricity via some physics twisting nonsense. However, even if he can pull off that trick he'll still be beneath Tesla in AP/Durability, so he won't be able to finish Tesla before Tesla just pulls out his NP and obliterates him, dark matter or not. Kakine's lasers wouldn't be stopped by Galvanism and are lightspeed, but given their low power (didn't kill Accelerator despite bypassing his redirection) they won't even tickle Tesla.

I vote for Tesla.

LazyHunter said:
One could argue Kakine could then modify his Dark Matter defenses to stop electricity via some physics twisting nonsense. However, even if he can pull off that trick he'll still be beneath Tesla in AP/Durability, so he won't be able to finish Tesla before Tesla just pulls out his NP and obliterates him, dark matter or not. Kakine's lasers wouldn't be stopped by Galvanism and are lightspeed, but given their low power (didn't kill Accelerator despite bypassing his redirection) they won't even tickle Tesla.

I vote for Tesla.
"City level (Fought with base Accelerator), attacks can cause damage at the macro-quantum level and thus bypass conventional durability durability"

NB has a charging time and is not auto aim like the other archers

Back