• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Chapter 50 is officially released

Daddy Isao Shinomiya is proving why he should be nominated for best father of the year, pulling out all the stop, sacrificing his career as a solider in order to stop the threat that is No. 9 so the Kaiju wouldn’t appear again in his daughter’s future.

Last edited:
And still nothing about an anime? Why? KN8 would be beautiful in anime, just imagine peak Bones animation for the current fight with Nine or the fight with Ten.

And still nothing about an anime? Why? KN8 would be beautiful in anime, just imagine peak Bones animation for the current fight with Nine or the fight with Ten.
Probably because there isn't enough content for an anime. It doesn't even have 90 chapters atm

Probably because there isn't enough content for an anime. It doesn't even have 90 chapters atm
There is, 52 chapters is more than enough for a 1 cour anime, i mean, that's enough for a 2 cour anime as well even not counting extended/extra scenes.

Yes, Kaiju 8 will rule the world.

About the chapter, did Nine just take a beating even after an upgrade? I know he wasn't at his peak due to rejection and all that, but still...
Even after evolving, he will always be our favorite punching bag regardless but he will was doing well before he started to fall apart, pushing back Gen and Kafka and it was only when he started falling apart, which was accelerated due to Kafka hampering his regeneration that the two had a chance of winning

Last edited:
This year has been great for Kaiju No. 8, especially given the amount of milestones it has achieved. We have about a total of 31 chapters from Chapter 22 to Chapter 53 and this doesn’t include the Kaiju Showcase/Monster Illustration. The cliffhanger at the end was amazing with Kaiju No. 9 declaring war on humanity and leave us the readers what is to come next as we approached a new year.

This year has been great for Kaiju No. 8, especially given the amount of milestones it has achieved. We have about a total of 31 chapters from Chapter 22 to Chapter 53 and this doesn’t include the Kaiju Showcase/Monster Illustration. The cliffhanger at the end was amazing with Kaiju No. 9 declaring war on humanity and leave us the readers what is to come next as we approached a new year.
You say that like if KN8 was ongoing since years ago

Yeah that cliffhanger was top tier, literally even the time of the year it happened IRL was perfect.

Do you think we will get a time skip before Nine's return?

You say that like if KN8 was ongoing since years ago

Yeah that cliffhanger was top tier, literally even the time of the year it happened IRL was perfect.

Do you think we will get a time skip before Nine's return?
Probably, though we need an arc to explore the consequences of what just happen. After all, the highest chain of command within the Japan's Defense Force was killed. To say it will be quite chaotic within the ranks of the Defense Force as they try to maintain order will be an understatement. They also still have to addressed what to do with Kafka, but given Isao was Kafka's biggest support in not turning him into a weapon and he is dead....

Despite being there, Gen Narumi, the Division Captain of the First Division, the Strongest Division in Japan, couldn't stop No. 9, even when the kaiju was incomplete, working together with Kafka and had his special eyes. And given his title as Japan's Strongest Anti Kaiju Combatant, there is no one currently stronger than him in Japan, which raised the stakes even higher. I definitely want to see how Gen would be after this arc given his arrogant and self-assured nature. This is a major blow to his ego.

Not to mention that Isao Shinomiya was Kikoru's dad. After swearing to protect everybody as an oath to her dead mother, her dad, the person she wanted the approval most of all, was killed and is being masqueraded by her father's killer nonetheless (Btw, I just love how No. 9 take in that fact to torment her like how he reveal Isao's face to her in Chapter 52, he is such a sadistic bastard and I love it). She was helpless, unable to do anything as Gen and Kafka fought against No. 9. Would love to see the development she will go through after that and come to terms with her failure to protect everyone as she promised her mother.

So there will be a need for a time-skip or training arc because everyone need to become stronger in order to face super powered Kaiju No. 9 and whatever kaiju army he is going to bring with him

And, this is present the perfect opportunity to get some much need Kaiju lore. What are they? How long have they been a thing? When was the Defense Force created to stop these monstrosities? What about that research into the transplantation of kaiju tissues into humans, essentially making Kaiju/Human hybrid?

Love to see this series do well, now I wonder if other countries might get involved ? A Kaiju did just take over, a prominent figure of Japan's defense force (I'd imagine but doubt it)

Love to see this series do well, now I wonder if other countries might get involved ? A Kaiju did just take over, a prominent figure of Japan's defense force (I'd imagine but doubt it)
That is one direction the story can go and introduced some International Defense Force members and expand more on the world of Kaiju No. 8

Didn't they say something about Japan having the highest amount of Kaiju back in the earlyer chapters? I doubt the other countries would have the same level of anti-kaiju technology as Japan.

Didn't they say something about Japan having the highest amount of Kaiju back in the earlyer chapters? I doubt the other countries would have the same level of anti-kaiju technology as Japan.
Yep, in Chapter 1 and 40, they refer Japan as the Land of the Kaiju and Kaiju Supernation so Japan have it worst compared to the other countries around the world.

Back