• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Kaiji

Promestein

Resurrection Lily
She/Her
VS Battles
FC/OC VS Battles
Retired VSB Bureaucrat
Kaiji shouldn't have Probability Manipulation. Though the story gets ridiculous at times, there's nothing supernatural at play, unless the manga suddenly violently diverges from that premise, but it's obvious that the page is only taking the anime into account.

Kaiji's a normal guy, and 10-A isn't appropriate either, because he doesn't fight off anyone. He runs off a few times and gets beaten up a few times. He should just be 10-B, and I'll rewrite the rest of his page to better capture his abilities.

Average intelligence just because he got conned and scammed by a "friend" doesn't seem appropriate either. Isn't he also a gambling addict? That's an actual problem people have, its not really related to intelligrnce so much as dopanine.

Yeah, I wanted to deal with that stuff too. Kaiji is pretty naive and trusting, especially at the beginning of the story, when the worst of the backstabbing and manipulating happens, but that's it. It should be noted that he was also super depressed, hopeless, and heavily in debt at the time, and Endou's a good sweet talker.

And the he gets addicted to gambling.

Yeah I have no ******* idea. Maybe all the talk about luck? But whenever someone talks about luck they're really just covering up how they're cheating.

8-C kaiji via what he did with the rigged pachinko machine when?

Yeah it was probably someone taking him cheating as prob manip.

The page as it is makes the building tilt a lot more impressive than it actually is; he just uses a bunch of very big water containers to slightly tilt a building that's on soft ground.

I agreed with the changes since currently a lot of things like Probability Manipulation are unsubstantiated.

Back