• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Kai Chisaki vs Yang Xiao Long

Status
Not open for further replies.
Probably Chisaki via his Overhaul hax. Though i dont know how Yang's aura would react to disassembly.

While Yanks aura is up she should be safe from overhaul considering he needs to actually touch her to use it on her, but if it goes down she's in trouble

Aura can defend against molecular level attacks? Wasnt it penetrated by Ren being electrocuted in Volume 3 before?

Yang doesnt have the benefit of Deku's AoE shockwaves so this hurts her heavily. I mean Deku had to go full 100% constantly to win

Well, seeing as although Yang has ranged attacks, she is in no way hesitant to approach an unknown enemy head on and fight close up, which of course will give Chisaki openings.

I doubt though the aura would protect Yang from the hax however. It certainly acts as a shield, but its never been shown to protect anyone from complete disassembly, nor even shown to have any sort of hax resistance perse. And Overhaul's quirk has always worked before, dare i say a molecular level

He also has the fact that he can drop her guard by disassembling himself, and then reassembling to regenerate, so that he can keep consistant at least.

So my vote goes to Chisaki for this

@CoB I actually noticed noticed a pattern of electricity getting through aura (the cattle prod, the sea serpents electrical attacks, and illia's whip for example). Meanwhile Kai has to physically touch the opponent to use his molecular attacks.

@Jinx Has overhaul worked on forcefields? Because that's what aura is. Unless he gets through it he can't make physical contact with yang.

Aura isn't a forcefield as in something that can keep him from physically touching her. She's still touchable, its just her aura strengthens and protects her body overall, it isn't anything that can physically stop contact. RWBY Characters physically hit eachother all the time, unless im mistaken?

There is an eight precept that uses forcefields, and serves loyally under Chisaki, and other precepts like Rappa have tried (and failed) to beat him. Probably irrelevant, but i doubt he's completely unexperienced with anyone using a forcefield

And though i dont ever think theres been a situation where Aura can be disassembled since its more energy based, and not a physical property,but nothing really suggests it can withstand attacks like that. Aura has been cut through quite easily with more haxy semblances like Adam's Moonslice.

Also, i dont think Yangs semblance would be her trump card seeing as she can only absorb physical hits and damage, meanwhile overhaul attacks at a more molecular level.

Aura is a forcefield, a barrier around the body. If he needs to touch Yang to use his Hax then it's not working till he breaks through her Aura.

Overhaul can still use his earth manipulation to attack.

Hang on if even you admit that electricity can get through said forcefield, won't it make sense for some attacks to get through? I mean it's not as if people in RWBY actively prevent each other from touching each other by physical touch.

@CoB He has to physically touch her to use overhaul, something he can't do while her aura is up. Auras main defensive property is making it so attacks dont make physical contact with the people using it, its why students in the vytal festival were allowed to use their bladed weapons and live ammunition without the risk of being harmed until their aura was low enough, at which point they weren't allowed to fight anymore.

Alright so Kai has a Ap advantage, Stamina advantage using the overhaul he will always have stamina, a form of resurrection using his overhaul as long as he can think I think?, his overhaul hax, if he can break Yangs aura which at that point is gg, and earth Manipulation which is hard, but not impossible to dodge

Going with Kai

Im pretty sure Aura is a forcefield in a sense that it more toughens the body rather than completely stops people from touching them. Ren did reflect those fangs back in Volume 1 but he still actually had to touch the fangs so that he could apply a force, Aura just strengthened him

People in RWBY get hit physically all the time, and are still able to feel sensations of pain, like when Qrow was hurting Tyrian with mere punches.

And again, the more haxy type of semblances like Adam's Moonslice was completely able to cut through, so its not farfetch'd to assume Overhaul can completely ignore it like it does with everyone elses durability in the verse.

@Jinx No, Pyrrha literlly refers to aura as a forcefield in one of the first episodes when she's explaining how it works to jaune, and in every fight where aura goes down its literally a field around their bodies. Its a forcefield, not armament haki. And no, he didnt physically touch them, he created a barrier between himself and the taijutu to block it.

Yeah, people can still feel pain but there's a reason the students are allowed to go all out with swords and scythes and guns against each other and not horribly maim each other despite making contact with their weapons.

Adam is also immensely above Yang, his AP alone was enough to get theough her aura, and there really isnt anything to imply Moonslice ignores durability when all it is is a power amp like Yang's semblance

Jinx is right, this aura wank needs to stop. It's like saying ki or reiatsu is a forcefield. Well reiatsu behaves more like that than aura

Kai for reasons above.

Anyone wanna show me an example of Aura ever blocking something hax based such as OverHaul? Saying it can negate it is really reaching.

@Knight Kai phyically has to touch Yang in order for her to be affected by Overhaul. Its not the hax that Aura is blocking, its literally blocking HIM from touching her.

@Knight

The weakness of Overhaul is literally that it needs to touch something directly. Proving that it bypass forcefields isn't up to me.

Thing is though, armament haki is a type of forcefield, anything that can basically act as some sort of barrier is a forcefield of some sorts, but these barriers can come in body strengthening. Pyrrha actually refers to it as a mere shield, which can be thought of as basically some defence mechanism, not an extact force field anyway. And after that, this is just one statement, but the characters of RWBY have to actually be physically hit to feel pain. Jaune was the one suggesting it was a forcefield to which Pyrrha merely replied, "Yeah, if you think thats the best way fam", already showing that it wouldn't be her first choice of words to describe it, more the inexperienced Jaune's

Aura is a manifestation of the soul, that acts as a cloak which can protect the body, but it isnt a physical substance like a forcefield, it doesn't completely protect someone from being touched, it only makes it so that it buffs up the body. Plus, it does a lot more things like increases strength, speed and Regenerationn, all of which a mere forcefield i doubt could do, seeing as thats more for protection purposes

Unless you're implying RWBY characters aren't able to touch eachother, cause Aura is constantly active. That would sure be awkward in all the latest boring hug scenes we're getting

Yes, while Adam is above Yang, i wouldn't go as far as to say its way over. It doesn't mean her aura is completely useless, even in stomp matches like Pyrrha vs Cinder, it took an arguable amount of damage to wear pyrrha's aura down instead of completely one shotting, so it wouldn't just get one shot like that.

Now, of course it isnt hax, and of course nothing suggests it can ignore conventional durability, but the two ways its been used, we'e seen it completely shater and dominate in one strike. It does seem like more of a haxy semblance that can ignore Aura though, cause i still find it hard to believe how Adams slice, charged by merely a few of Blake's bullets could completely slice through Yang. Adam is stronger, but not some immense god he can oneshot most of the RWBY cast normally.

Also pain is felt through our nerves as a first warning of damage being inflicted on the body.

So if they feel pain from a attack, it's going through the "forcefield". All aura does is limit the extent of the damage by blunting it, most noticeable with swords in the series.

However you can freely manipulate the body if you do something like grab ahold of their arm whilst their aura is up. For example if Accelerator grabbed yangs arm, he can manipulate her bloodflow or manipulate her body as he sees fit.

Knightofannihilation666 said:
Anyone wanna show me an example of Aura ever blocking something hax based such as OverHaul? Saying it can negate it is really reaching.
The term you are looking for is NLF

LordAizenSama said:
Knightofannihilation666 said:
The term you are looking for is NLF
Exactly, its NLF to say that Aura can negate Overhaul. Thing is, that's not what is being argued here.

@Jinx

Look a bit more closely to the second clip. The direct contact is absent.

So it does more than being only a forcefield.

It can be turned on and off.

Pyrrha tanking more than a glare from full power Cinder is pretty obviously PIS unless you want to argue that she is tier 7.

Adam is actually becoming City level soon enough.

@LAS

Yes. You have literally defined what an armor does. Which is the exact same thing Aura does.

If you punch a man in a armor, you aren't touching the skin, are you?

I remember the aura explanation very well as I've rewatched the series multiple times in preparation for Volume 5. Pyrrha gives Jaune a basic rundown of what Aura is, and he excitedly shouts: "IT'S LIKE A FORCEFIELD!". Pyrrha laughs and says in response: "I suppose you can see it that way." It's only been referred to as a forecefield once. Ruby had her aura activated and it was cut through with Tyrian's scorpion claw weapons. Pyrrha' aura was disabled after being kicked into a pillar. Yang's aura was disabled after being cut by Adam.

Aura doesn't negate hax's, only strengthens and recovers the body from injuries as displayed by Jaune when Pyrrha activated it. It doesn't only let electricity bypass and negates hax.

Giving this to Shiaki for reasons stated above. Don't get me wrong I love Yang, but I don't see her winning this one.

Omahariptic said:
Ruby had her aura activated and it was cut through with Tyrian's scorpion claw weapons. Pyrrha' aura was disabled after being kicked into a pillar. Yang's aura was disabled after being cut by Adam.
Yes, two City levels and a Mountain level can easily get through an 8-A's aura, big shocker.

Omahariptic said:
Aura doesn't negate hax's, only strengthens and recovers the body from injuries as displayed by Jaune when Pyrrha activated it. It doesn't only let electricity bypass and negates hax.
Literally no one is arguing that it negates hax

@WeeklyBattles, pretty sure a kick doesn't really do all that much damage. What I'm saying is, when Shiaki touches her, it's done. Aura doesn't negate anything, only strengthens the body.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back