• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Kahndaq Lord's Surprise: The Bounty Hunter vs The Hunter

Glorious.

Couldn't have done it better myself.

Now, Bounty Hunter has some quite good resistance to Mind Manipulation, Memory Manipulation, Illusion Creation and Madness Manipulation (Type 4). So i don't think The Hunter can beat him in these aspects.

As for offense, both have comparable speed. But Bounty Hunter outperforms him in hax.

Passive Probability and Curse Manipulation and Sealing via Khiil Urd's Hexglaive, really makes a big difference.

The Hunter from the looks of it, heavily relies on Magic, which the Bounty Hunter can break down/nullify via Wandbreaker.

Let's not forget the fact that Bounty Hunter can attack him on multiple planes of existence.

My vote goes to the Bounty Hunter.

I guarantee the Bounty Hunter has never experienced any mind/madness manip even remotely close to what the Hunter uses

None of what the Bounty Hunter has can put the Hunter down for good due to his immortality, and every time the Hunter dies he knows more and more about the Bounty Hunter and what he's capable of and can plan countermeasures, while the Bounty Hunter wont know the Hunter due to time being rewound

Well, looking at the Bounty Hunter's profile, nothing he has can really put the Hunter down for good. The Hexglaive is good but it only works after the opponent has been killed and their soul absorbed, which would be circumvented by the auto time reversal when the Hunter dies, and the probability manip isnt permanently passive, the Bounty Hunter needs to have it equipped for it to work.

The Hunter is also about 3x faster and around 8x stronger

And i guarantee the Bounty Hunter has never resisted any mind or madness manip on the level of the Hunter's

WeeklyBattles said:
He resisted Mezzogian's Madness Manipulation (type 4). Which is Djinn Magic based, an abstract or "conceptual" (If you want to put it that way) form of magical energy. Several concepts are governed + controlled by this form of energy.

Khiil Urd's Hex Glaive can seal away its opponents' souls too not to mention Arctoro's Bulwark, which gives him Holy Manipulation and basically disables the opponents' will to fight.

@Khan The Hunter's madness manip is called Frenzy, which is derived from the knowledge of eldrich beings called Great Ones, who reside on a higher plane of thought. Frenzy can literally drive you insane to death instantly even if you have a resistance to it.

The Hexglaive is stated to only work on opponents after they die, the Hunter automatically rewinds time upon his death, so the Hexglaive's sealing would be circumvented.

@Weekly If you want to argue that, then there is also the fact that Bounty Hunter can hold and withstand the effects of weapons which drive those who come in contact with it insane to the point where they take their own lives. Djinn Magic is also banned due to how dangerous it is. It is an abstract source which literally Warps Space-Time, governs over and controls multiple concepts (Jealousy, Pride etc.), can show the visions of the Future etc.

Their powers are roughly comparable. Bounty Hunter should be no slower as he dodges Lightning and slays creatures which are as fast as Lightning on a daily basis.

The question is, can the Hunter come back even when his soul is sealed? Hexglaive automatically seals its enemies the moment they become a victim of its curse.

I have told you about Arctoro's Bulwark and Wandbreaker earlier on.

Can the Hunter resist his passive Holy Manipulation which literally removes its opponent's will to fight?

Most of Hunter's abilities are magic based, as i have said before, all of these can be nullified by the Wandbreaker. Hell, i am pretty sure that his Resurrection is magic based too.

Bounty Hunter also has an Aura which is basically toxic for all living beings, completely preventing the Hunter from even coming nearby him.

Having even a fraction of the knowledge of a Great One drives you insane to death or puts you in a comatose state. Even just hearing or being exposed to it for a second causes this to happen as even after the source is gone youre still forced to process information incomprehensible to humans.

Bounty Hunter is baseline MHS as he has no calc for his speed, whereas the Hunter has an actual calc that puts him over 3x higher than baseline MHS, as well as being 7x stronger

Yes as the auto time reversal would circumvent the soul sealing

Can i see a scan where it says that that happens? Because from all i can find thats just a hyperbolic statement.

No actually, most of the Hunter's set isnt magic-based at all. Almost everything that requires magic is part of his kit in the tier 4 keys but not the tier 8 one. And no its not.

The Hunter has more than enough ranged attacks to be able to play a ranged game. And he has to actually equip the Scorpion Demon's Plate in order for the aura to happen. Youre treating it like he would have all powers of every piece of equipment and armor he has at once which isnt the case.

I have proven how Bounty Hunter has immense resistance to Madness Manipulation, so, even if this could affect him, it still wouldn't be as effective as it normally is.

I should hurry up with his calcs tbh.

Auto Time Reversal only happens when he dies, this doesn't kill him, it just locks him away.

About the Holy and Empathic Manipulation? I'll have to get on my Ipad for that. I'll probably post it a few minutes after this comment.

The key for Bounty Hunter with his equipments include all of his gears, similar to other characters of the same genre.

Also it saddens me to see that Bounty Hunter's popularity dropped to like page 3 in the Bounty Hunters category while i was dead. Smfh.

So it would kill him in a few seconds instead of instantly

I looked up the weapon that does it, it explicitly states that it locks away the soul AFTER the opponent dies. It wouldn't be able to as time is auto reversed upon the Hunter's death.

Just asking: Where did you look that up from?

The wikis for Dungeon Hunter are unreliable, with the Spooderma page and the pages being public justifying that.

A weaker Hex-Glaive (Before the Probability Manipulation) could seal the opponents' soul away, waaay before the Death Manipulation was a thing.

From a scan of the in-game description of the weapon itself. It states that it only seals them after they die.

Oh you were talking about the scan i sent in my blog.

"Who fall before it" in this context means just getting cursed. This was before the Glaive received the Killing part.

Also do you agree that Madness Manipulation here wouldn't be that effective (Not that it won't work)? Wouldn't Life and Death Manipulation counter his Loop Resurrection btw?

Madness manip would still affect him but it would kill him in a few seconds rather than instantly yes

Why would it counter his ressurection?

How did you come into that conclusion?

He could simply negate his Resurrection via manipulating his Life and Soul.

Do you agree on the Hex-glaive part btw?

If he manipulates the hunter into dying time would be instantly reverted, also i like how youre once again acting like the bounty hunter can simultabeously use the life manip and the soul sealing when he cant, theyre two different weapons and he cant use both at once.

No, it states that the opponwnt needa to die in order for thebsoul sealing to work

it seems kinda stompy with ressurection by proxy that the hunter has, but if it is not a stomp then I'll go for him as he will win eventualy.

Would be a good enemy for frisk tematicaly, but he either stomps or gets stomped

The battle is about Hunter vs Bounty Hunter and we are going off of SBA as the op has said, i am pretty sure Moon Presence interfering would count as Outside Help. @ricsi

@weekly i said this before."Who fall before it" in this context means just getting cursed. This was before the Glaive received the Killing part. Which you didn't respond to btw, up until now with the same argument.

From the looks of it, this should be either Inconclusive or a W for BH. Neither can stomp each other. Bloodletter won't be as effective as it normally is and Bounty Hunter can seal or keep killing him.

That's a Strawman coming from you. Moon Presence interfering and helping him out would be outside help, Hunter having Immortality reliant on him wouldn't be outside help.

Kahndaq Lord said:
That's a Strawman coming from you. Moon Presence interfering and helping him out would be outside help, Hunter having Immortality reliant on him wouldn't be outside help.

I don't even want to argue this. It's like... basic stuff. Type 8 is not restricted, that's it. You believe that's wrong? Go make a CRT

8: Reliant Immortality: The character cannot die as long as a certain being, object, or even concept exists.' Nothing here indicates that the said entity can come and interfere, this is the same as Cain.

Kahndaq Lord said:
From the looks of it, this should be either Inconclusive or a W for BH. Neither can stomp each other. Bloodletter won't be as effective as it normally is and Bounty Hunter can seal or keep killing him.
The Hunter will learn everything the bounty hunter can do by fighting him repeatedly and create countermeasures to beat them.

And the bloodletter would still be very much effective, is just would kill in seconds rather than instantly

Kahndaq Lord said:
8: Reliant Immortality: The character cannot die as long as a certain being, object, or even concept exists.'
Nothing here indicates that the said entity can come and interfere, this is the same as Cain.
Nor does it say otherwise. Empowerment is a thing

He could learn more about him and his weapons/spells etc.

But can he really escape a Death Loop like this? He resurretcs + he dies + he resurrects again + he dies again...

Forget the sealing.

How did you come to that conclusion regarding the Bloodletter? What i am trying to say is that it would work on him, just not as effective as it normally is and shouldn't be able to stop the Death Loop.

I already explained why the Mindhax wouldn't be as effective as it normally should be. He would keep dying before getting a chance to pull his hax. It is automatic.

Type 8 Immortality does not grant Empowerment automatically. Otherwise we would be going around with 1-A Cain, Jill etc.

Also the speed calc should be posted in an hour.

Not as effective =/= completely ineffective. It would kill the bounty hunter in seconds rather than instantly like it normally does.

Oh yeah, the Hunter is faster, so the bounty hunter had an even less chance of hitting him

@weekly once again, a Strawman. I have said that it still would be effective and not completely ineffective like either thrice or twice before.

What i am asking is that how did you come to that conclusion of it killing him in seconds?

@ricsi we have already been through the first part in the earlier parts of the thread.

Moot? I would appreciate if you could back that statement up. I really don't like pulling the it is not stated in his profile so it is moot card, but i would appreciate some proof.

I...don't think you know what a strawman is if that's what you're calling a strawman.

Because it can kill people with a resistance to madness Manipulation in seconds rather than instantly like it does to people without it.

Back