• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Kagura Bachi General Discussion Thread

Btw as far as chapter 17 goes we got some multiplier statements so we depending on if we go with Jasons version of the gansui Bachi god tiers atm would range from 8-B+ and if we go with mine they range from 8-B+ to 8-A

Speed would still be between MHS and MHS+

I'm not going to rush anything though and I think we should wait to see what 18 has to offer just so we can see the aftermath of it all, that's all I'll say

We should also get the GPE of all those platforms the gansui lady made as they were all pretty huge
18 is probably good to wait for

Ch017 already hinted that Kuregumo was broken.
And Ch018 confirmed that Genichi Sojo is as Sojover as Gojo was. Even worse. Good for him. He took his just dessert.
Oh Chihiro did claim that Kuregumo had chosen Sojo as the current owner of Kuregumo. Just not the datenseki.

The full names of the Kamunabi Anti Kuregumo Elite Squad members are fully revealed(?)
Dead
  • Shiyumi Harima (the "Gansui" lady?)
  • Hajime Kugara (the tall Pikmin mask guy used as a living railgun round?)
  • Kiyohiko Uzuki (the "Subdue" guy?)
  • Makoto Kasahara (the guy who took the Kuregumo?)
Survived
  • Kazane Machi (the Demon Cloak twin brothers Demon Monster short guy) (lost his right arm from shoulder down)
  • Ikuto Hagiwara (the Jikai guy) (unconscious + lost 2 legs)

Ch018 also explains that the enchanted sword would not work with superpowers if the last deemed owner did not die and the sword did not accept a new user as its worthy wielder.
The management were in comfort the other five(?) wielders of the other original five stolen blades were under their "protection".

But as we observed how Sojo died... The wielder would not quite die if the sword broke before the current effective wielder dies.
Also... God knows if this blade's security system/covenant can be breached.

Oh the previous wielder of Kuregumo died at the time when Kunishige was murdered... Or is Kunishige the one wielding a Kuregumo himself before it went to Sojo and (currently) Chihiro?

Speaking of Sojo, he crawled to the lab with a heavily, fatally wounded body, tried to grab and wield the datenseki tainted by Char's blood - but failed to properly wield it and had his whole body exploded.
All done after he defeated some goons, defeated the elite squad of 6 people (killing 4 of them) and fought another enchanted blade wielder (where both two pushed beyond their limits).
(Did Chihiro cut Sojo in two parts or is it just the last reflections of Sojo himself) and... Oh a castle exploded.

Oh the Kamunabi management were discussing things and yeah there are people not liking the Rokuhira family and not liking Azami for protecting (enev hiding) Kunishige. Still, Azami has his own supporters within the top management. That would be interesting.

Oh...
... what is the pirated Lelouch "Hiyuki" going to do with "Enkotsu"? So Enkotsu is a non-problem now?
Also, there was also Kaichi aside from Hiyuki (as the other one of the two elite sorcerers who were not assigned).

Last edited:
Todays Chapter was really good, would highly recommend reading it. Nothing new in terms of feats or whatever but overall I think it put a good bow on the first arc while introducing what we can expect from now on.

If Sojo is the first antagonist we got I'm super hyped for what we could expect next. I loved Chihiro having to come to terms with the fact that while he grew up with his dad he didn’t understand his philosophy entirely, and despite Sojo wielding the blade in a way that wasn’t deemed worthy by himself, he wasn’t wrong for wielding it for evil.

Now what I’m curious about is if the ore will become a new enchanted blade in the future, and how will Azami tackle his relationship with Chihiro and the Kamunabi.

Takeru Hokazono's Kagurabachi manga has reached an impressive milestone, crossing 6 million views on Shueisha's MangaPlus platform. This achievement solidifies Kagurabachi's status as the next-gen battle shonen manga, outshining MamaYuyu (1 million views) and Two on Ice (410K).

Launched on September 17, 2023, as part of Shueisha's JUMP NEXTWAVE project, Kagurabachi quickly gained attention through memes. Despite the meme buzz fading, the manga's captivating storytelling and characters sustained interest, leading to a devoted fanbase.

Shueisha's MangaPlus platform, which digitally hosts Weekly Shonen Jump manga, reported Kagurabachi's exceptional 6 million views, showcasing its popularity. In comparison, MamaYuyu and Two on Ice lag with 1 million and 410k views, respectively.

Notably, Kagurabachi has surpassed not only these JUMP NEXTWAVE companions but also the well-established series, Nue's Exorcist (1.4 million views). With nearly 150k-200k views per chapter, the manga is in league with other popular series like Sakamoto Days.

Despite a slow start in Japan, Kagurabachi's momentum skyrocketed after chapter 8, particularly with the Sojo vs. Chihiro battle. Cinematic action, well-executed flashbacks, and an engaging storyline contributed to its fame.

Recent Weekly Shonen Jump ToC rankings positioned Kagurabachi above Mission: Yozakura Family, showcasing its growing popularity in Japan. While initially popular in the West due to memes, fans discovered the manga's depth, forming a dedicated international following.

Achieving 6 million views in just 16 chapters, Kagurabachi's success is commendable. Unlike Boruto Two Blue Vortex, which took five chapters to reach 5 million views, Kagurabachi's rapid ascent proves its potential as the next-gen battle shonen manga! Are you guys excited which manga will be the most popular? Stay tuned to find out!

Last edited:
Alrighty I'll try and bust ass to be able to finish up my chihiro profile now that the first arc is over as of chapter 18

writing-fire.gif

Can we talk scaling now...

We still gotta decide between the gansui calcs from Jason and myself.

Its the last thing we need to figure out before we can make profiles

We'd also need proper justifications for scaling Sojo to her earth manip sorcery if we are gonna do that

Can you link them rq?

These are the two Gansui calculations (one 8-B the other 8-B+) from the kumanabi lady which we currently have 0 reason to assume scale to her physicals (nor does she ever attack sojo)

Otherwise outside of that Sojo has his own 8-B feat here which would scale to Chihiro's own physicals

Hiyuki is pretty great, flame bone seems almost like its a summoned thing

So we got introduced to Hiyuki, who wields the Flame Bone of Starving. Expecting some heat/melting/vaporizing feats in the future from her

Chihiro could sense that he was in a different dimension separate from the real world

Hiyuki could overpower Chihiro’s Red, showing there is a limit to how Chihiro can absorb. So a weakness that needs to be added

It showcases how varied sorcery will be for this series if there is a casual pocket dimension sorcery from a random guy
Apparently the guy is based on another character from one of Takeru's one shots
Is that guy Rikuo who is also the sidekick of Hiyuki?

Pocket dimension creation and rock/earth manipulation is decently cool yet not too overpowered. And accompanies Hiyuki quite well as they actually pulled a combo to force Chihiro to a tactically disadvantageous position.

Side note: Hiyuki Kagari looks like a female Knuckles as for Chihiro Rokuhira is the mix of Sonic and Shadow. Chihiro literally said "I'm outta here" in the comic.

Last edited:
Back